Quantcast Mistakes, I've Made a Few.... - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Past mistakes include many of the following previously mentioned. Adding:

-Not trying making ADRs at eateries within the resorts. You'd always tend to eat in the park you're at. But why not try the Maya Grill at the Coronado, even if that's not where you're staying?

-This leads me to, not doing the dining plan. For my style, not have it is a mistake. I like the routine of having my snack, table service and quick service per day. I will use it and abuse it, in a good way. So for me, no dining plan is a mistake.

- Not utilizing morning EMHs. Great time to get on rides that are normally 90+ minute waits. I love using EMHs to go on rides like Soarin' in Epcot, the Safari at AK, The Toy Story ride in DHS. The mornings I've skipped out on EMHs, I've always regretted.
    Kristen

last attraction: Art Academy in DHS
    last meal: Parisian Breakfast - Chefs de France

'94 - Poly & CBR: first trip
    '96 - GF & Dixie Landings
    '98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - CSR: HONEYMOON
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My biggest mistake is with extended family that complain ALL THE TIME!... I can't do this because... I can't do that because.. I don't have the money to do this (even when I am offering to pay)... when you are with someone who is constantly complaining, the trip gets old real fast - even if they are family!
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

I have one more "sort-of" mistake.

In 2011, after a 10-day trip our plane was scheduled to depart around 6:30 p.m. I got the great idea to have breakfast at the Magic Kingdom and get ONE LAST LOOK at the castle.

We arrived on a glorious, absolutely Disney sunny morning and ate breakfast at the Main Street Bakery. We rode POTC and Haunted Mansion one last time, as well as some small stuff.

Before we knew it, the time was 12:30 and we had to head back. Leaving the Magic Kingdom on such a beautiful day, hearing "Dreams Come True" being sung at the Castle Foreground and seeing thousands of happy people preparing to enjoy their day as we turned to say goodbye for a year was UNBEARABLE!!! UNBEARABLE!!!! We all decided, "Never Again!"

In 2012, our plane departed late again. This time, we went to Downtown Disney for a lunch and some little gifts to hold us over until the next trip.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post
    seeing thousands of happy people preparing to enjoy their day as we turned to say goodbye for a year was UNBEARABLE!!! UNBEARABLE!!!! We all decided, "Never Again!"
    We had the same feelings when we walked down to the International Gateway a few years ago. It was the oddest feeling watching folks inside Epcot and not being able to join them.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K8screen View Post
    Mistakes?? Where to start!!
    The one I must mention is the one I make several times each trip. We park in the parking lot, so keen and excited to start our park day. Oh look, theres a tram, if we rush we'll just make it, yes OF COURSE we'll remember where we left the car, its about 20 along from a tree!!
    Result, a tired family wandering round for ages at park closing, all blaming each other. Will we never learn?

I was laughing just reading this. Knowing there are so many families that go through this every time they go. We use the alarm to find our car when we park in huge parking lots. It's a little (well a lot annoying) to all the other people when the horn or alarm is beeping, but we always find the car quick

I would have to say our "big mistake" is leaving later in the morning. We used to leave at 5:00am and be at the hotel by 9:30/10:00am on a good mornings drive (even if we couldn’t check in till later I loved getting there early). Now that the kids are older and we have been so many times we leave around 10:00am and get there by 1:00/1:30pm sometimes later. No one is in a hurry and it drives me crazy!! I hate getting there late and starting the day in the afternoon. I know we have seen and done EVERYTHING, but I love being in the Disney area just to feel that special away from home, nothing to worry about feeling you get when you pass the gates.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

New shoes before a trip is always a big one...I've learned that lesson a few times

The one from our last trip though was planning on stopping at Walmart after our flight landed and we got our rental car. I just didn't plan on us both being tired, unsure of driving in the area, not having quarters for tolls, wanting to get to the magic NOW etc. Next time we'll just have garden grocer's deliver so we don't need to think about anything but getting to the magic.

Oh and meeting up with friends in a park! I thought 6 days into a trip I'll be relaxed I can go with the flow but families have their own unique "disney" mode and ours is hard to keep up with. And I have a hard time slowing it down. It was fun seeing friends for dinner but I wouldn't share "park" time again.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post

On Day 4 we finally went to the Magic Kingdom for the first time that trip. I remember my wife saying, "It finally feels like we've arrived." I didn't realize it until she said that, but she was right. Not going to the Magic Kingdom on our first full day on property didn't seem right. I thought I'd shake things up a bit. Instead, our trip felt cheapened.

Since that trip, we've always made the Magic Kingdom our first full day on property.

There's nothing like walking under the Train Station out to Main Street and feeling like you're Walt looking at his paradise and saying this IS where I want to be the rest of my life.
    Rob
    1. '66 Preview Center(baby),'71,'76,'86,'94-Offsite
    2. '95 AS Mus,'96 AS Sport,'97 AS Mov
    3. '99 CSR,'2000 CBR
    4. '01 AS Mov,'02 AS Mov
    5. '03-'04 Pop,CHRISTmas,New Years,Collective Soul
    6. '04 Pop,Halloween
    7. '05,'06,'07,'10 Pop,CHRISTmas
    8. '11 Pop,New Years,15th Wedding Anniversary

Post Thanks / Like

Smile disney mistakes

it hard to make mistakes at disney.. the biggest would be not to go at all.

i must agree that the magic kingdom is truly home for all us mouse lovers. but if you go there first the other parks are a little lackluster. that is until you come to love them all as much as we have. as the children get older they love epot as well as the other parks. if you do the mk first, be sure to save another day of the trip to go back to mk.

we always try to go to mk or dtd early morning on the day of departure, run in and let everyone get something from the bakery on main street or one last ride. and then everybody heads home with a last memory of their favorite.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    On

We took a trip in January and looked at historical weather and only packed lightweight clothes. It was freezing we had to go buy my son sweatshirts.

I have both underplanned and overplanned trips/I am learning though
    My wife might actually plan on not bringing the correct type of clothing, so she could go shopping.
    1965*, 1972, 1980, 1986, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004 Disneyland ** Aug 2009 25th Wedding Anniversary, 2010 (June), 2012

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: