Quantcast Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend - January 9-12, 2014 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Just saw it on Twitter, there's a link to a little YouTube spot on the runDisney account. I haven't looked but does it indicate when/where the 10K will be?
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

So the 5k is on Thurs, 10K on Friday, Half on Saturday, Full on Sunday.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cer View Post
    So the 5k is on Thurs, 10K on Friday, Half on Saturday, Full on Sunday.
    Ugh, so much for a 2-day vacation request so soon after the holidays. I may have to miss the 5k since I likely won't get to WDW until Thursday late afternoon or early evening. I'll ask if I can take another day, or I may just have to get sick, recover miraculously on the plane ride down.
    ~Nikki~

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I am not too happy either.

In order to get to the expo and it NOT be picked over you have to show up on WED????

In order to do the DOPEY - you have to run four days all the while saving your legs so you can't really do any park time until after, which puts you into Monday. Let's just make a whole week out of it.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cer View Post
    In order to do the DOPEY - you have to run four days all the while saving your legs so you can't really do any park time until after, which puts you into Monday. Let's just make a whole week out of it.
    Rent a wheelchair and get someone to push you around! But seriously, this is a big wrench for a lot of people. I am excited about the 10K, but I would really like to be there to cheer on the 5K people, especially since I got some other friends and family interested.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Events update, and new dates and pricing are all now added to the original post.

Post Thanks / Like

WooHoo!! 10K here I come! That's the perfect distance for me! Can't wait!!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Interesting. It's been hinted by our 'in the know' gal that 10Ks are coming. Maybe sooner than we think.
    I remember when they had the meeting and I wanted to say it SOOOO badly but couldn't !

Mel, your travel plans may change drastically if the next proves true as well- a birdie tells me runDisney is heading to DLP! Your hubby would maybe like some inaugural European Disney bling?!
    INTERCOT Staff-

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Mel, your travel plans may change drastically if the next proves true as well- a birdie tells me runDisney is heading to DLP! Your hubby would maybe like some inaugural European Disney bling?!
    Oh no. No. NO. Seriously? He may not be able to resist. And I would have to go, you know since it's the only Disney park I've yet to visit. What a great reason to finally get over there.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no. No. NO. Seriously? He may not be able to resist. And I would have to go, you know since it's the only Disney park I've yet to visit. What a great reason to finally get over there.
    That'd be some serious bucket-list-crossing-offing right there!!!
    INTERCOT Staff-

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

That'd be some serious bucket-list-crossing-offing right there!!!
    Ha! We'll see. That's a big, blue ocean out there to fly over. Seriously though, I will not die without going to Europe. This sounds like a good excuse as any.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is nice to have a variety of distances, but I also can't imagine adding another race to what already seems a bit overwhelming and crazy.

Post Thanks / Like

Things are getting interesting!

With the crowds already swelling by each passing year and the anticipated growth with the addition of a 10K at marathon weekend at WDW, the town of Celebration had announced an inaugural 1/2 and full marathon January 26 complete with shirts, a more affordable entry fee, finish line refreshments c/o local restaurants, and of course bling!

Even more interesting---and it's definitely not a final or official announcement, just in talking phase:

A little birdie tells me not to be surprised if a SECOND 5k is added to the wdw marathon weekend on Friday, same day as the 10k.
    The anticipated dopey challenge participants are enough to lock out the entire family fun run, plus local runners are upset about a Thursday (work and schoolday) run. $50 5Ks don't bring in as many lodgers/vacationers as it does locals. They can't afford to lose that demographic.

So the word is the logistics are being looked into to offer a second day 5K to allow for demand. Also, folks who have already booked their air and lodging for the Dopey would be able to keep their plans of Fri-Sun, without having to add Thursday.
    That would make a 10,13,26 weekend for them , running the 5&10ks back to back same day.

We shall see...again, this info is in then VERY early stages and may not come to pass so you'd be wise to plan for the event "as-is"
    INTERCOT Staff-

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Things are getting interesting!

With the crowds already swelling by each passing year and the anticipated growth with the addition of a 10K at marathon weekend at WDW, the town of Celebration had announced an inaugural 1/2 and full marathon January 26 complete with shirts, a more affordable entry fee, finish line refreshments c/o local restaurants, and of course bling!

Even more interesting---and it's definitely not a final or official announcement, just in talking phase:

A little birdie tells me not to be surprised if a SECOND 5k is added to the wdw marathon weekend on Friday, same day as the 10k.
    The anticipated dopey challenge participants are enough to lock out the entire family fun run, plus local runners are upset about a Thursday (work and schoolday) run. $50 5Ks don't bring in as many lodgers/vacationers as it does locals. They can't afford to lose that demographic.

So the word is the logistics are being looked into to offer a second day 5K to allow for demand. Also, folks who have already booked their air and lodging for the Dopey would be able to keep their plans of Fri-Sun, without having to add Thursday.
    That would make a 10,13,26 weekend for them , running the 5&10ks back to back same day.

We shall see...again, this info is in then VERY early stages and may not come to pass so you'd be wise to plan for the event "as-is"
    Very interesting stuff, Christine. Thanks for sharing! Will be interesting to see what actually shakes out. You know though, they just need to put a cap on these races and be done with it. They are way crowded as it is.

I've heard about the Celebration Marathon and can definitely see that having local appeal. Are you going to do any of the races?

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting stuff, Christine. Thanks for sharing! Will be interesting to see what actually shakes out. You know though, they just need to put a cap on these races and be done with it. They are way crowded as it is.

I've heard about the Celebration Marathon and can definitely see that having local appeal. Are you going to do any of the races?
    SO agree on the caps- it's insane to be body to body with ppl at a full run!

Don't know if I'll do the Celebration or not- need to see the bling first!
    INTERCOT Staff-

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

The resorts are sold out already for this weekend????? This is going to be an insane weekend. I ususally run but I think I will NOT run this year. I will spectate and just show up. THere is no way I want to participate in this madness. $495?!?!??!?!?! I am more interested in having the free t-shirt...isn't that odd of me? I will only be sad that I am not picking up my racing gear and bag prior to the race. :-(
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonahbear2006 View Post
    The resorts are sold out already for this weekend????? This is going to be an insane weekend. I ususally run but I think I will NOT run this year. I will spectate and just show up. THere is no way I want to participate in this madness. $495?!?!??!?!?! I am more interested in having the free t-shirt...isn't that odd of me? I will only be sad that I am not picking up my racing gear and bag prior to the race. :-(
    Sorry, but I don't see in any of the previous posts where anyone shares news that resorts are sold out for this weekend. The WDW website shows no availability for this weekend yet, but that's not indicative of a sell out. Just call or better yet contact Magical Journeys to book your trip. Yes this will be crazy crowded but I'm not letting that deter me from running or enjoying the experience. Sorry you aren't going to participate.
    ~Nikki~

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I don't think the resorts are sold out yet. I had no problem adding on a day at Shades of Green for 3 rooms. Yes, the marathon swells the crowds and activity around the resort for the weekend, but in no way do I think it's the biggest crowd of people ever at WDW, like you stated in another post jonahbear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonahbear2006 View Post
    The resorts are sold out already for this weekend?????(
    No, it's just the lovely new My Disney Experience website being super awesome again.

It apparently is not yet properly showing resort availability beyond 12/31/13. If you input ANY dates in 2014, you will get "no availability" at every resort, so don't despair. The entire WDW resort is NOT already sold out for Marathon Weekend.

Even if all the WDW resorts were full, though, there are plenty of alternatives:
    Hilton/Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek, Downtown Disney area resorts, Swan/Dolphin, Shades of Green (if you're eligible), etc.

I think I will book Shades of Green for now, as a safety, but DH and I really want to stay at an Epcot resort if possible.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Aaaand, Shades of Green is booked. They have availability on Sat and Sun nights, but not the surrounding days prior or after. Hmm.

Swan and Dolphin have lots of availability, though.

Hilton/Waldorf Bonnet Creek only go out to 12/31/13 for reservations at this point.

Well, I guess we'll get what we get. I won't stress too much about it until we actually know we can go.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: