Quantcast 5 year vacation plan!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 5 year vacation plan!

With my oldest turning 13 exactly one week from today I am starting to feel like time is running out on me to do things with my kids before they go off to start their own lives. I often wonder where all the time has gone! They weren't kidding when they said to enjoy them because time will fly so quickly! There are several Disney vacations we've always said we wanted to take so I've sort of made us a 5 year Disney vacation plan. LOL.

This summer we are going to try to go to Disney's Hilton Head Island resort for the 4th of July weekend.

Next summer (2014) my SIL and her family want us to plan a Disney cruise with them.

The following year (2015) I'd like to finally make it over to Disneyland and SoCal. I'd honestly love to go to DL before then, but it may have to wait till then. We are considering driving so we can do the Grand Canyon on the way there or back.

Then in 2016 I'd love to take a trip to Hawaii and stay at Aulani for at least part of that trip.

By that time my oldest will be 16! That leaves us with only one extra year incase any of these "plans" get put on hold. I'd also love to squeeze in several non Disney places as well. Anyone else feel like time is running out on them to see and do things with their kids before they become adults? Or am I just super silly???? LOL.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I love your plan, Denise! Not silly at all. Hope it all works out.

Post Thanks / Like

Not silly at all and it sounds like a great plan - one I'd like to do. We just always did WDW every year but your diversity sounds like more fun. Yes, the kids do grow up fast and then you have to pay for college and weddings so there goes your vacation money - LOL. Spend it now!
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

Do it while you can!

Post Thanks / Like

This is not silly at all! We were at WDW in Jan. for our 50th wedding anniversary and we took the grandkids. One day I realized that this trip with our grandson may be the last trip with all of us for along time. He graduates from high school in June and it will be off to college in the fall. We recently found out that one of the scholarships he has received that in addition to paying towards each year for regular schooling, it also will pick up in full any summer abroad studing he may want to do. After this summer I don't see many visits with the old foogies.
    Enjoy your family time trips while you can, the memories will last forever.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Not silly at all...my daughter is 14 and i'm feeling the same way. We've just starting taking real non family visiting vacations and i'm certainly regreting waiting so long to start. Thankfully for us, hubby has a long weekend once a month so we're trying to do more local weekend trips and then our annual big summer vacation. It makes me sad to think she won't be home with us forever.

Post Thanks / Like

Not silly at all and hope all goes well. My kids are 14 and turning 16 later this year so I understand. We are doing everything we want to do with them now before life pulls us in different directions. I want my kids to look back on all the memories we've made and the really nice life we have together. We have been fortunate to be able to do these things for them, whereas growing up myself and my husband really couldn't do a lot of these things. Best wishes!
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: