Quantcast Baltimore Inner Harbor. - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding the bald eagles, I just have to share - I saw one perched in a tree in our backyard last month!!! We have 2 ponds at the entry to our developement and we every so often see them fishing there. But in my own backyard! I was racing around like a mad woman calling everyone I know and even showing my cat. The only thing I didn't do was take a picture, how dumb is that.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    Regarding the bald eagles, I just have to share - I saw one perched in a tree in our backyard last month!!! We have 2 ponds at the entry to our developement and we every so often see them fishing there. But in my own backyard! I was racing around like a mad woman calling everyone I know and even showing my cat. The only thing I didn't do was take a picture, how dumb is that.
    That's funny.....We have a pair in our neighborhood also. They have made a comeback, but now they are thinking about taking them off of the endangered species list.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

There have been bald eagles spotted in our town for the past two years as well.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

How was your trip?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CynBeth View Post
    How was your trip?
    It was nice, thanks for asking. We deviated from our plans a bit due to the weather but nothing worth complaining about.
    Friday night after we left the aquarium, it was freezing out and my wife doesn't do well in the cold because of back surgery she had years ago. So we decided not to go to Blue Agave since it was a bit of a walk. Instead we went to Mex over in Power Plant Live. The food was pretty good especially the fish taco's. The only complaint we had was, we were seated by the door and people were constantly coming in and out to the bar. The whole time we were getting blasted with cold air.
    After Mex, we went next door to Howl at the Moon. It was our first time at a dueling piano bar and we had so much fun. There were 5 musicians who rotated while we were there. Probably the funniest parts were when they received requests for rap songs. The one guy had a nerdy look to him and he was hilarious trying to rap. It really was a great time. Power Plant Live kind of reminded me of PI when it was in it's prime.
    Saturday we slept in real late because my wife was pretty sore. We just relaxed until later in the afternoon before heading out to the harbor again for some shopping & browsing. We had lunch at Dick's Last Resort which was unplanned but we were so happy we went. Talk about fun!!! The waiters/waitresses are all rude & obnoxious which is intentional. I had read a quick review of the place before we decided but I had no idea what we were in store for. As we were being seated we could hear shouting and noticed a waiter open a whole pack of napkins and throw them all at once at the table of guests. We then noticed many guests wearing tall paper hats with some of the funniest sayings written on them. As we were seated they tied a bib around us, tossed two paper place mats at us and told us that was our plates, now set the table. I could go on & on about all the zaniness but there's just too much. As for food, I ordered the fish & chips which was served in a metal bucket similar to Hoop-De-Doo & probably the best I've ever had. I believe I caught a hint of garlic in the batter which added a nice flavor. My wife had the chicken fried chicken which I had to help her finish. This was really good as well. It was covered in a jalepeno white gravy that I really liked. Not spicy like you would think even though I enjoy spicy. For dessert we shared the apple pie ala mode which had a nice balance of tartness & sweetness.
    By the time we left it was snowing pretty hard and starting to get dark. We didn't have plans until later so we went to Barnes & Noble and sat on the second floor at a window overlooking the harbor while we drank coffee, enjoyed the view, and read some magazines.
    Later we went back to Power Plant Live to the Comedy Factory to see Josh Wolfe. Again we had an awesome time and my wife got to take her picture with Josh after the show. The ticket prices for the place are very fair but they require a two drink minimum. Drinks ranged in the $6-10 range but you can order soda which qualifies as well.
    We had a light dinner after at Joe Squared which was the Chicken Balsamic pizza. Good but nothing to rave about. I'd definitely go again to try some of their other offerings.
    There were still some flurries coming down so we went back to our hotel for a while to relax. Then about 3am the flurries stopped so we went down to the harbor for a little while to take some pictures. That didn't last too long since it was cold.
    Sunday we checked out & decided to just head home instead of touring the city like we had planned.
    We made the detour and stopped at Conowingo Dam as suggested. There were two bald eagles I spotted perched high up in the trees,one of which I was able to get a decent picture of. It's on my FB page if anyone wants to see.(link is in my profile)
    I definitely want to go back to the dam when the weather's nicer.
    Even though the weather didn't cooperate causing us to skip a few things, my wife had a great time for her bday, which is all that mattered.

Thanks again to everyone for all your suggestions & help.
    șoș Joe șoș
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a good time. I am going to make it to the dam sometime to see the eagles. Glad you were able to stop.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

I was talking to a local and he said Sept & Oct they are pretty active but the parking lot is jam packed with bird watchers & photographers. I'd think all those people would keep the eagles from doing much flying/hunting/etc. But that's what the guy said. I think I'll do some research anyway.
    șoș Joe șoș
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Glad you enjoyed the trip. I am sure you have heard about how crazy it has been here since we won the SB. I was at the stadium for the celebration yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

I can imagine. I remember how crazy Philly was when they won the WS.
    It was great seeing all the team pride/support in the city while we were there. The mood of the people every place we went made the trip even better.
    șoș Joe șoș
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHORTY View Post
    I was talking to a local and he said Sept & Oct they are pretty active but the parking lot is jam packed with bird watchers & photographers. I'd think all those people would keep the eagles from doing much flying/hunting/etc. But that's what the guy said. I think I'll do some research anyway.

I think what happens alot is that when too many people ge word of the nests and come out to see them, they will end up moving their nests the next year. This happened in our area a few times. The one that is in our neighborhood now is being kept quite....at least so far.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: