Quantcast lesser of 2 evils

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default lesser of 2 evils

So, we know we will be at wdw from july 4-7. The question is..7 days before or after these dates? One of our travel party will only be with us July 4-7, and we know...crowds, heat, etc. BUT, we are taking a first timer (in her early 30's no less) and wondered if it would be best to go before or after? We were thinking after...but...opinions welcome!

I'm trying to get this trip set...since its within our 180 for dining!
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have been down for Memorial Day weekend. We landed that Sunday morning and found it to busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking competion for the next two and a half days. After that it was fine. Since Fourth of July is a Thursday this year I would assume that weekend is going to be MOBBED! So, (for me anyway) the question is do I want to be less crowded early or late? I don't mind the hustle and the bustle early in my trip but by the end I want everything to be nice and easy. I also found I have more patience for waiting in queues early and by the end of my trip I just want to get in, get on, and get moving to the next attraction!

Post Thanks / Like

From the different crowd calendars I look at, June 29-July 13 is all 9-10 out of 10 crowd levels so it doesn't look like it would make much difference between the week before and after.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Ugh! Us too!

We are going from the 5th to the 12th of July this year. We usually go at the end of May, beginning of June when school gets out (husband and I are both high school teachers / coaches), but he has some big baseball tournaments in early June this year. Because my birthday is the 6th of July, our compromise is, I'll wait to go if I can be there on my birthday. I figured it might be better after the 4th than leading up to it, but its probably all the same. You just never know b/c we have been at the end of May with terrible crowds and 98 degree weather. I just figure, we'll see what we can see, swim alot at the pool and just be happy to be in my "happy place!" Enjoy your trip!
    Missy
    #1 LSU fan 2003 AND 2007 National Champions!

POR Feb 1997
    ASMo Dec 1999
    POR Feb 2002
    ASMovies Feb 2004
    Pop Century May 2004
    ASMovies Feb 2006
    Offsite Jan 2007
    May 2008 Swan
    May 2011 on the Dream!
    BLT July 2013
    POFQ July 2015

Post Thanks / Like

It is Summer. Crowd levels will be 10 the entire time. It won't be any less or more crowded 1 week either side.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Done both...recommend before...Tour Groups seemed heavier the week after the 4th. Know it is hot and crowded, but especially with FP+, you can avoid the 2-5 (ish) heat...and the parks are usually open late, even without doing EMH
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

It's not like Thanksgiving or Christmas where it can be dead one day and at capacity the next. I've never really noticed a huge swing in crowds around the fourth, except for the fourth. You'll see a lot of locals showing up for the fireworks, etc. Bt, it's going to be equally crowded the weeks before and after the fourth.

Post Thanks / Like

We got married the week leading up to 4th of July and don't recall the parks being that bad. However, this was in 2001, so things have probably changed. I do recall, though, that "back in the day", this was considered the peak of summer season. It wasn't that bad at all.

If you will be there on the 4th, take the first timer BEFORE, so she can see the awesome 4th of July fireworks show at MK. They do this on the 3rd and 4th of July only.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: