Quantcast BC Club level stay--arrival day

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default BC Club level stay--arrival day

Hi everyone:

We just returned from our post-Christmas trip to WDW. We arrived on 1/1 and stayed through 1/5, spending the first night at the Swan and the next three nights at the Beach Club in a club level room. We had a blast! Our group was DH and me (mid-30s, Disney vets), DS (age 4, on his fifth trip to the World) and DD (who turned 1 just prior to this trip, on her first visit). Without further ado, here's day 1:

We made the 7 hour drive down, with one stop for lunch at a Cracker Barrel, which is always a family favorite. DS loves Craker Barrel and asks to stop there any time we take a road trip. We pulled into the Swan just after 3:30. We unloaded and went to check-in. We had booked a standard room but were given an upgrade to a room on the 5th floor with a fireworks view!

After freshening up, we went downstairs and grabbed a bus to the MK, then we transferred to the monorail for a ride to the GF for our dinner at Citricos. DS loves the monorail, so we take advantage of riding it whenever we can.

Dinner was great! DS had the kids' grilled chicken with broccolini and mac and cheese (which our waiter substituted for us for the rice). DS at most of it without too much of a complaint. DD was happy with her baby food, blueberries and bites of our bread. DH and I shared an appetizer of arancini (delicious!), and then for entrees, I had the Florida grouper served over pasta while DH had the pork two ways (tenderloin and pork belly). Both were delicious, and our waiter was fabulous. We were very tempted by the desserts, but our kiddos were starting to get antsy, and we didn't want to detract from anyone else's meal enjoyment, so we passed. However, DS asked for a sugar cookie, so while DH paid the check, I took him downstairs to Gasparilla's. By the way, the overhaul there was very well-done! There is a large amount of seating, and the food area seemed more open to me, too. While we were paying for DS's cookie, I noticed a s'mores cupcake. It looked interesting, so I bought it to enjoy later that evening.

We took the monorail back to the MK then hopped a bus for the Swan/Dolphin, got back to the hotel, bathed the kids and put them to bed. Then, I did some packing up for our move to the Beach Club the next morning, and DH and I watched the fireworks. I unwrapped my cupcake to enjoy during the fireworks, and it was sooo good. Seriously, this was one of the best desserts I've ever had at Disney! The chocolate and graham cracker cake was not super-sweet, but it was topped with an almost chocolate mousse-like frosting and then decorated with a couple of toasted marshmallows (and a limp graham cracker, which I tossed). I'll be enjoying another one of these next trip!

After my sugary treat, it was off to bed to get ready for our transfer to the BC and a day in the MK!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Citricos, and that cupcake sounds fab! Will put it on my list of things to try.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Terrific start to your trip! Watching fireworks right from your balcony is such a nice treat!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great beginning to your vacation!

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you enjoyed your first day!

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for reporting! Our DS3 also really likes to go to the Cracker Barrel.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great first day. We love the Swan/Dolphin and one of the reasons is those frequent upgrades and spectacular views.
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

Terrific Start!

Post Thanks / Like

Great start to the vacation! I so want a cupcake now..lol..
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like an awesome cupcake! Gotta love Disney food!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!