Quantcast NextGen, Magic Band, and FP+ - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I'm sorry, but that's awesome.
    No need to be sorry because that IS freakin' awesome!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    No need to be sorry because that IS freakin' awesome!
    Until the system crashes and it takes you three "freakin awesome" days standing in the concierge line trying to get it all sorted out. True story with the old system. My "best memory" of the trip: Being on the monorail between Epcot and the Magic Kingdom at 7:00 at night and arguing with the resort because they checked us out of our first room, and then out of our next room, leaving us with no room at all. Ah, memories.... It was resolved at the resort after MVMCP at 1:30 a.m.... But there were still plenty of other problems with charges that were not ours, a dining plan that vanished, etc....
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Natalie...

Do you happen to know if the room reservations and theme park tickets have to be purchased together in a package to participate in the MyMagic+ program? I ask because we typically do a room only reservation and just pick our tickets up when we get there. I think all the new implementations sound pretty cool, and I'd like to be able to check it out this summer!

Thanks for all the neat info you shared. I always enjoy reading your posts

Post Thanks / Like

Waiting to hear more information about the park ticket relationship. Hoping, but not hopeful, that no-expiration tickets will still be sold when this is all said and done.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soph and Han's Mom View Post
    Hey Natalie...

Do you happen to know if the room reservations and theme park tickets have to be purchased together in a package to participate in the MyMagic+ program? I ask because we typically do a room only reservation and just pick our tickets up when we get there. I think all the new implementations sound pretty cool, and I'd like to be able to check it out this summer!

Thanks for all the neat info you shared. I always enjoy reading your posts
    All current information shared by Disney is that guests need only have a Resort Reservation and hold a valid theme park ticket in order to participate in the program. There was no specific mention of packages, as I imagine this would be impossible to regulate since there are many sources of tickets out there. We also buy our tickets not from Disney, usually from our military base ticket office.

However, I would imagine that if you have tickets you obtained separately, you would have to stop by guest relations or the resort front desk to "connect" the ticket to the RFID wristband, similar to how you can "load" previously obtained tickets onto a KTTW card.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stu29573 View Post
    Until the system crashes and it takes you three "freakin awesome" days standing in the concierge line trying to get it all sorted out. True story with the old system. My "best memory" of the trip: Being on the monorail between Epcot and the Magic Kingdom at 7:00 at night and arguing with the resort because they checked us out of our first room, and then out of our next room, leaving us with no room at all. Ah, memories.... It was resolved at the resort after MVMCP at 1:30 a.m.... But there were still plenty of other problems with charges that were not ours, a dining plan that vanished, etc....
    I'm sorry you had that experience. I really like the thought of bypassing check in altogether and just going to my room. Of there was an issue or my wristband didn't unlock my door I'd just have to go work it out like in any other instance. In a perfect world there would be no problems, but sometimes those things happen even though it's not in the least magical.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    I'm sorry you had that experience. I really like the thought of bypassing check in altogether and just going to my room. Of there was an issue or my wristband didn't unlock my door I'd just have to go work it out like in any other instance. In a perfect world there would be no problems, but sometimes those things happen even though it's not in the least magical.
    I like the idea too, its just that we got burned so bad on that last trip that trust and goodwill still hasnt been reestablished. They did give us a free night, which I appreciated, but after loving Disney so long, it was really a slap in the face with reality. I fear I will never feel the same about them again.
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question. Does this mean there will be three lines now? A fast pass line, a fastpass + line and a regular line? Are they going to eliminate the fastpass as it is now? So many questions. LOL We are going in May and I guess since we are staying on property and have tickets we will be able to participate in wristband experience?
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crltkcagle View Post
    I have a question. Does this mean there will be three lines now? A fast pass line, a fastpass + line and a regular line? Are they going to eliminate the fastpass as it is now? So many questions. LOL We are going in May and I guess since we are staying on property and have tickets we will be able to participate in wristband experience?
    I would think FP+ will share the normal FP line. All FP+ allows is to hold your FP electronically, vs. a paper ticket. You show up at the designated time and your RFID key/wristband allows you to enter the FP line (there will be special posts installed with a Mickey head that will turn green when you are good to enter the FP line...this will serve in lieu of the CM taking the ticket for those folks).
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

After reading up on this development I'll keep it simple = I have a bad feeling about this set-up....don't try to fix what isn't broke....
    March 99 - POFQ
    Feb 04 - WL
    Feb 05 - POLY
    Nov 05 - CB
    Oct 06 - POLY
    Nov 07 - POLY/BC
    Nov 08 - BC
    Mar 10 - WL
    Nov 10 - POR-Riverside
    Apr 12 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 13 - POR
    Jan 14 - WL
    Nov 14 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 16 - POLY
    Aug 17 - POLY
    Aug 18 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by crltkcagle View Post
    I have a question. Does this mean there will be three lines now? A fast pass line, a fastpass + line and a regular line?
    No. There will still be just one FastPass line and it will be used by both FastPass+ users and regular FP holders.

The only difference between FP+ and regular FP is that you'll get FP+ in advance and it will be held on your RFID wristband.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Some more info:

Guests with room reservation + theme park ticket will be able to participate in MyMagic+ (info regarding AP holders has not been released)

Guests will receive the wristbands at HOME, prior to the trip (like the luggage tags). Guests will be able to check in online 60 days in advance of arrival. The Magic Band will allow guests the opportunity to BYPASS the check in desk entirely, opting to receive a text message or email with your resort room number when it's ready. You will be able to go straight to your room when it's ready.
    I guess this part confuses me. Will they be making us pay for our packages at 60 day out or even longer then too. Right now it is 45 days, so how can I check in if I have not paid for my package yet??

I too am reserving judgement on all of this. I will see what people have to say between now and when we go in October. It just seems to me a lot are getting all worked up over something we don't know 100% how it will work. I see so many saying they don't like it, aren't going to like it and they haven't tried it and it isn't being used completely yet.
    Life I tell my kids "how can you say you don't like something if you haven't tried it yet."
    1999 off site- July
    2001 All Star Movies- Sept
    2004 CBR-Oct
    2005 Poly won free from Disney-Jan
    2007 POP-Oct
    2010 POP-Oct

2013POP - Oct First trip /all 3 kids- DD's 1st
    2014 All Star Movies-Nov / Mother son 2 day visit, after college tours
    2016 POP-Sep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeri View Post
    I guess this part confuses me. Will they be making us pay for our packages at 60 day out or even longer then too. Right now it is 45 days, so how can I check in if I have not paid for my package yet??

I too am reserving judgement on all of this. I will see what people have to say between now and when we go in October. It just seems to me a lot are getting all worked up over something we don't know 100% how it will work. I see so many saying they don't like it, aren't going to like it and they haven't tried it and it isn't being used completely yet.
    Life I tell my kids "how can you say you don't like something if you haven't tried it yet."
    Well, possibly they will make full payment on packages due 60 days out. However, remember, room only reservations don't need to be paid in full until check in. No plans to change that. Really, this system won't need to require that a trip is paid in full in order to make FP+ reservations.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

I am interested to see how this system works, and am reserving judgement until I experience it.

Privacy - not too concerned about it. First of all, my understanding is that the RFID device only holds a unique ID. The Disney devices that read the RFID then connects to a database with your information. Also, if someone does have a reader device at WDW trying to steal your info, it's not as if it is a credit card or something. Are we really worried that someone will steal the info, then have some sort of way to embed that info onto another "fake" magic wristband? Seems far fetched.

Data mining - how is this any different than what they do now? When I am at Disney, I use my room key for everything - theme park admittance, charges, fastpass, etc.

I know I get tired of criss-crossing the park getting and using fastpasses. If Disney can come up with a fastpass system that lets me plan their use in an efficient manner, I am all for it.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

So, as far as what is known right now, those of us who will be using paper tickets instead of purchasing a package will not participate in Fast Pass +, but will have all the same other perks (ADR connection, room key/check-in registration)?

Or will a paper ticket be able to be connected to the wristband?

Thanks! I usually purchase a package but I already have a paper ticket that was given to me as a christmas gift

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfan123 View Post
    So, as far as what is known right now, those of us who will be using paper tickets instead of purchasing a package will not participate in Fast Pass +, but will have all the same other perks (ADR connection, room key/check-in registration)?

Or will a paper ticket be able to be connected to the wristband?

Thanks! I usually purchase a package but I already have a paper ticket that was given to me as a christmas gift
    The only requirements to use FP+ are a hotel reservation and valid ticket media (which, frankly, I think they mention because you need park access somehow). The FP+ will actually be tied up with your room reservation, not your theme park ticket. Only resort guests may use FP+ (for now), so it doesn't actually need to connect to your pass, just your room key. Although, I suspect there will be a way to link your theme park ticket to your wristband.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Just thinking about this a little.....Starting to get a bit leery about the whole "plan"....

This will make EMH a bit "interesting"...Now that everyone can stay in the park during EMH, will all the open attractions have RFID readers so they can tell who is eligible and who is not. But, what of those who opt-out of using the MagicBands? Will they now be turned away? Highly unlikely, but who knows at this point?

Also, for the 'hard ticketed' parties...Will they be able to put your reservation on the MagicBand so that you would not need the separate hard ticket? If so, the same question comes up - Do you NEED a MagicBand to enter, or will the 'hard ticket' still be issued? I expect that, at least in the early going, it will be a separate 'hard ticket' only.

Not a fan of setting up FastPass+ (FP+) 60 days out. Who knows exactly which park you are going to visit 60 days prior to arrival? And allowing only 3 FP+ reservations per day, for a single park....What happens if you do not have a device that can run MyDisneyExperience with you and you forget your FP+ return times (since you scheduled them 60 days prior)? Also, not knowing if you could get more FastPasses in the park of choice for that day, or for another park, if you park hop, is disconcerting at best.

I, honestly, never had a problem with the KTTW cards - easy to just put in your pocket to carry around. It should not have been any problem to incorporate RFID chips into the card itself and forgo the hassles of making sure you wear your MagicBand every time you leave your room. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!"

Sorry for the rant...I got a bit carried away!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Fastpasses will be bookable 60 days in advance, no more.
    This is horrid, bye bye fun vacation, hello spreadsheet planned to the minute vacation. This is a very bad idea, this will make it harder and harder to do anything spontaneous at Disney and quite honestly, if it gets out of hand, might make us rethink our trips and whether they are worth going or not.

I'm not planning out every single second of my vacation like disney wants me to, they can shove it.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry guys. I didn't read through all 5 or 6 pages, and I'm sure this was answered somehwere. When does this all kick in?

We are arriving on Feb. 9th and I'd like to know what to expect. While I have always said I hate this whole NextGen stuff, I have to admit..... booking a FP for Toy Story Mania seems very appealing right about now. LOL.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Just thinking about this a little.....Starting to get a bit leery about the whole "plan"....

This will make EMH a bit "interesting"...Now that everyone can stay in the park during EMH, will all the open attractions have RFID readers so they can tell who is eligible and who is not. But, what of those who opt-out of using the MagicBands? Will they now be turned away? Highly unlikely, but who knows at this point?

Also, for the 'hard ticketed' parties...Will they be able to put your reservation on the MagicBand so that you would not need the separate hard ticket? If so, the same question comes up - Do you NEED a MagicBand to enter, or will the 'hard ticket' still be issued? I expect that, at least in the early going, it will be a separate 'hard ticket' only.

Not a fan of setting up FastPass+ (FP+) 60 days out. Who knows exactly which park you are going to visit 60 days prior to arrival? And allowing only 3 FP+ reservations per day, for a single park....What happens if you do not have a device that can run MyDisneyExperience with you and you forget your FP+ return times (since you scheduled them 60 days prior)? Also, not knowing if you could get more FastPasses in the park of choice for that day, or for another park, if you park hop, is disconcerting at best.

I, honestly, never had a problem with the KTTW cards - easy to just put in your pocket to carry around. It should not have been any problem to incorporate RFID chips into the card itself and forgo the hassles of making sure you wear your MagicBand every time you leave your room. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!"

Sorry for the rant...I got a bit carried away!!
    The short answer...KTTW will have RFID already in the cards. So it could be used for EMH and special events.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: