Quantcast Healthy Living Club 2013 - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Great job! That's so exciting! I've been doing alright (alright being the key word, some days are way better than others - like today I've kept inside my alloted calories but that's with breaking down and eating 6 (yes I said 6) girl scout cookies). Each day is a new challenge!

Rose

"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly" - Lauren Bacall

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Genna: sometimes small victories are the best victories, and they don't usually hurt as much.

Rose: six girl guide cookies? You should be in my house right now. I made a large batch of chocolate chip cookies for an Easter dinner here!

But it's okay. Half the batch is gluten free!
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

WooHoo!

I have dropped about 15 pounds so far...Lots more to go though!

It is going slowly, very slowly.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Well, after a failed start at commuting by bike this spring (bad infection, couldn't breathe) I have started again haphazardly with rides on days off and a few rides to work.

I got to work today and after showering, put my clothes on only to find my pants loose and my belt on the last hole!

I would have to guess that the riding is working. 20 to 40 km a day will do that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    WooHoo!

I have dropped about 15 pounds so far...Lots more to go though!

It is going slowly, very slowly.
    That is FANTASTIC news! I'd take slow loss over slow gain any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by garymacd View Post
    I got to work today and after showering, put my clothes on only to find my pants loose and my belt on the last hole!

I would have to guess that the riding is working. 20 to 40 km a day will do that.
    I LOVE the feeling of looser clothes. I'd say you're correct about riding. Congrats!

I finally ran my 5K...on the treadmill. It took me 40min, but I did it. I promptly proceeded to go out and route a 5K lap through my neighborhood. However, the weather has been so blazing hot, I've not had the motivation to go out and actually run. It's not easy choosing a run over the treadmill in an 70 degree fitness center.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

New carbon fibre Giant TCR bike last year. Put on so many kilometers that I had to buy new tires today. I noticed a split in the tread area of my rear tire. Probably not a good thing to be riding on.

I also bought a new seat today. I have been trying to punish the stock seat into submission, but MY seat was losing the battle. I was going to go for a ride after I changed the tires and seat but it's just too darned hot to even think about it right now.

Just a quick safety note: we had rider in town knocked off his bike and another was killed after getting knocked off his bike a few hours north of us, both yesterday. Please make sure you have working lights, reflectors and bells on your bike and ride according to the rules of the road for your area. If you are driving your car, please keep an eye out for those of us on our bikes. We all want to get home and get home in one piece.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys so I was recommended to come here I'd like to join this club because I am trying to lose a goal weight of 15 pounds. My next Disney trip is mid August and even if I can't lose 15 pounds before then I'd at least like to try. So far I have been working out for 1 hour each day first by walking my dog as a warm up then proceeding to doing a cardio/ab workout on optimum on demand (it's free!). But I was wondering if anyone else had any tips on helping me achieve my goal (I can't afford P90x)?
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arielfan98 View Post
    Hi guys so I was recommended to come here I'd like to join this club because I am trying to lose a goal weight of 15 pounds. My next Disney trip is mid August and even if I can't lose 15 pounds before then I'd at least like to try. So far I have been working out for 1 hour each day first by walking my dog as a warm up then proceeding to doing a cardio/ab workout on optimum on demand (it's free!). But I was wondering if anyone else had any tips on helping me achieve my goal (I can't afford P90x)?
    Glad you found us. I hope you meet your goals. Here are some tips for you.
    • Mix up your workouts. Don't do the same things over and over, day after day. Try doing a strength day and then a cardio day. Walking the dog is great and can be a great warmup for your exercise or, done right, it can be a great cardio exercise in itself.
    • Watch what you put in your body. Mix that up as well.
    • Get lots of fresh veggies and fruit, and limit the sweet treats. I always hated the idea of never again having chocolate cake. Take everything in moderation.
    Anybody else have some other ideas? Lets help Arielfan meet her goal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by garymacd View Post
    Glad you found us. I hope you meet your goals. Here are some tips for you.
    • Mix up your workouts. Don't do the same things over and over, day after day. Try doing a strength day and then a cardio day. Walking the dog is great and can be a great warmup for your exercise or, done right, it can be a great cardio exercise in itself.
    • Watch what you put in your body. Mix that up as well.
    • Get lots of fresh veggies and fruit, and limit the sweet treats. I always hated the idea of never again having chocolate cake. Take everything in moderation.
    Anybody else have some other ideas? Lets help Arielfan meet her goal.
    Thank you for the tips. I am trying to mix up my workouts but it's hard when I'm immobile but nonetheless I plan on joining a local gym and attending kickboxing and zumba classes.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

I am sitting here having mixed feelings. On the one hand, my daughter was married on the weekend and we are all heading to WDW for a group honeymoon this coming week. Can't wait. The wedding was wonderful. It went off without a hitch; smiles, laughs, tears, dancing our you-know-what's off! My wife made all the floral decorations and centre-pieces. Our younger daughter designed and made all the invitations, place cards. Basically everything paper related, she made. She even designs Disney products for Wal-Mart, Target, and numerous other outlets, so she brought home Mickey and Minnie luggage tags for everyone going on the trip. It is going to be so much fun. There are several people who have never seen the World before and I can't wait to experience it through their eyes.

On the other hand, the weather has started to change, and with my bike only being able to accommodate narrow road racing tires, I have decided to put my bike away until spring. I am really missing it!

I did manage to meet some of my goals this year. I road well over 2000 km's. Saved lots of gas and money. Fitness level now is better than ever - for an old guy. I actually feel better now than I did when I was in my 30's.

After we come home, I will start planning for the spring when the bike comes back out of the shed. (I feel a bit like Pee Wee Herman in Pee Wee's Big Adventure)

In the mean time, Tony Horton: I'm coming for you! Here we go with another couple of rounds of P90X.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: