Quantcast The Big 40 day 10

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Big 40 day 10

Cast
    Me . Trish, Turning 40 during the trip

DH Shaun 40,

DD1 Sammy(8), gamour girl fashionista

DD2 Alex(6) (well almost 6)

DS Josh (2) VERY 2,

DM Claire 60

Day 10 EPCOT and fly home (12/7)
    We got our wake up call and finished up our packing. We said good bye to our room. We brought everything to the front of Boardwalk to set up for the flight. One of our suitcases was 54 lbs, so I had to do some rearranging on the sidewalk, but they were so helpful with the weighing. Once that was taken care of, and our carry ons with bell services we headed to EPCOT with a stop at Boardwalk Bakery for some breakfast stuff on the way. We had really wanted to ride Test Track again. By the time we got there, the fast passes were going to be for after our lunch when we would have to head back to the hotel to catch the Magic Express back to MCO, so Shaun took the kids to Imagination and I tried to get fast passes for Soarin. I got them, but then realized they were for when we were at lunch with the princesses in Norway. UGH! Not having luck here. Met up with the others, and headed for a final ride on Nemo, and some pics in Bruce’s teeth. We even got to watch a dolphin after, and went up and watched the manatee for a while too. At this point Shaun wanted his usual Beatles stuff from UK, and I wanted something from Mouse Gears so he took Josh and I took the girls and we split. I found a ¾ sleeve t-shirt that I liked, and then had to rush Alex to the bathroom before meeting up with Shaun and all heading over to Norway for lunch. We had a nice pic with Belle. And Arielle, Snow, Cinderella and Aurora were there. Then it was very funny because Knut our waiter brought a cupcake to the table next to us and sang to them, until they said it wasn’t their birthday, and he said… “Trish” and I happened to overhear and said “Oh that is me!!!” Poor guy was all embarrassed, that table got to eat that cupcake and he brought us another. It was nice to still celebrate my birthday on our last day! The lunch there was good too! Shaun and I both had the open faced steak sandwich and he had one bite left when he had to leave the table to take one of the kids to the bathroom, I thought he was done, and had Knut take his plate. You would have thought I sent his puppy “away to the country.” He practically cried when he came back and said… “It was so good, I really wanted that last bite!” Oh Good Grief! I let him eat all the tapioca off the dessert plate (I don’t like tapioca anyway! ;-)
    Once lunch was over, we took a final ride with the trolls, and headed back to BWV. We got our stuff from Bell Services, and the bus was there. We got back to MCO… Security was a bear at 4pm on a Friday! We got through, by now Josh has gone 10 days with only one nap. He was done. We picked up some water and snacks and hung out waiting and taking turns taking the kids for walks to the little “stores” to keep them busy. At this point got an e-mail from my friend Paula who was house and dog sitting for us that Alex’s fish “Fishy” had passed away. I whispered this to Shaun and we agreed not to tell the kids until we were done with the flight, or it would be a very LONG, tear filled flight for everyone. It was a full flight on the way home. Shaun sat with the girls, and I had Josh. Another man sat with us in the window seat, I let him know when he sat down that Josh was “energetic.” He said, “That is ok, I am too.” Josh bawled and screamed for about 15 minutes until we took off and then he passed out for the entire ride home. It was GREAT! I read my Kindle and he just slept the whole 2.5 hours! Once we got to Bradley Nana was there waiting for us!... Unfortunately it was cold and rainy. After we dropped Nana off we had to tell Alex the sad news of Fishy. There were tears and wails and odes of love to Fishy the betta; exhaustion only adding to the drama.
    Then we got home, to a very weird smell. Paula left a note saying the basement kind of smelled and she could not figure out from where. Well after we got the kids to sleep we started to investigate. We have a ¾ finished basement, and the other ¼ is the area of the furnace, washer dryer and hot water heater… and you know… stuff…. Well our hot water heater chose last week to start leaking and leaked under the berber carpet in the finished part of the basement and THAT is what the funky smell is… OH GOOD GRIEF!
    So that is how it ended folks. However it was not all bad. We actually had 1 month left on the 9 year warranty on the hot water heater so we only had to pay for labor… which trust me for 2 plumbers cost plenty! Alex got a new Fish, and named hers Kyla, and Josh begged for one while we were there, and I agreed, he named his Nemo.
    It was nice to be there for my 40th birthday and to see it decorated for the Holidays though I am VERY behind on my Christmas planning as a result. The weather was GREAT. This helped with Shaun GREATLY as he hates high heat and humidity… But it kind of bummed the girls out to not be able to do as much swimming. (Me too, we are definite swimmers here.) Well thank you for reading!
    Trish

Next Trip Jan 2015 1 night POR, then BWV renting points
    Sept 2013 BWV renting points
    Nov 2012 BWV renting points for my big 4-0
    Sept 2011 BWV renting points
    Sept 2009 POP
    Sept 2008 POP
    Sept. 2007 POP
    Sept 2003 ASMu

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

GREAT trip reports!! I really enjoyed reading them and literally laughed out loud a few times! Sounds like you did a TON! Thanks for all the details

Glad the weather was nice and good luck with the little "fishies"!!
    Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

BC: 9/12, 7/13, 1/14, 5/14, 9/14, 1/15, 9/15, 9/16
    GF: 9/16
    SSR: 9/13
    WL: 5/16
    BW: 9/11
    OKW: 7/10
    AK: 6/09
    BLT: 9/15
    CBR: 8/07
    ASMo 12/14
    Offsite: 8/88

Post Thanks / Like

What a way to end the trip! Still, it sounds like you had a great birthday celebration!!

(By the way, I have a travel scale which we use to weigh suitcases to be sure we are within the airline's weight limits. Works wonderfully and I highly recommend having one.)
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed your reports. Sounded like a great birthday trip! Knut was our waiter when we were at Norway too! Lol It stinks to be hit with so much reality upon returning from vacation, but it sounds like it all worked out ok.
    It's not easy being green....

Post Thanks / Like

What a great birthday. Thanks for sharing.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reporting!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR