Quantcast The Big 40 Day 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Big 40 Day 6

Cast
    Me . Trish, Turning 40 during the trip

DH Shaun 40,

DD1 Sammy(8), gamour girl fashionista

DD2 Alex(6) (well almost 6)

DS Josh (2) VERY 2,

DM Claire 60

Day 6 Hollywood Studios (Monday 12/3)
    This is Nana’s last day, she will be flying back tonight. It has been so great to have her here, and she has needed this vacation. She does our daycare each day, so she was not here to watch the kids, but to treat herself to some resort hopping, and shopping. I wanted my Mommy with me on my 40th birthday dinner and she was there. I am a lucky girl!
    We headed off to DHS. Shaun and Alex wanted to do Tower of Terror first. For some reason Sammy didn’t want to do it this year despite doing it about 5 times last year. No problem, we didn’t push her. Before that tho we grabbed our fast passes for Toy Story. While Alex and Shaun did TOT Sammy, Josh and I went to the Disney Junior Show. After this we had breakfast at Hollywood and Vine. I think this and the Disney Junior Show could be updated. I am not sure if Handy Manny is still on, same with Agent Oso. Josh loved seeing Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates tho… and June from Little Einsteins. Would love to see Doc McStuffins added (This would thrill Alex to pieces and she is her favorite right now, or even Izzy from Neverland Pirates) Anywhooo breakfast buffet was good… I think this was Josh’s favorite park because of the amount of R2D2 in the park. Josh LOVES his “D2” I think we went home with about 6 R2D2 toys for him … ya, we are suckers, and Mommy and Daddy are both Star Wars fans… I saw that giant overpriced R2D2 popcorn bucket and knew without a doubt it would be his before the end of the night. We did all the rides we could there, Tried that Honey I shrunk the Kids playground which was a HUGE mistake. That place is crazier than the boneyard at AK! Hated it! I swear the only play areas I like at the laughing place and the Pooh area in MK. For Dinner we went to Sci Fi and played musical car seats trying to keep Josh occupied and keep the girls from pouting as one would inevitably be sitting in a seat alone. The food was good. When we got out, it still wasn;t time for Osurn Family lights yet, so we went to the Little Mermaid show. We love this show. I don’t know why, it isn’t amazing… it is just the perfect amount of time, mix of technologies to interest everyone. “And it RAINS ON STAGE!!!” which is Alex’s favorite part. By the time we got out we went over to the lights and WOW! We have Bright Nights around here. But it is a JOKE compared to Osburn family Spectacle! This was CRAZY! The kids LOVED it. We could only look up and around. And it was snowing and that was fun! We got our pictures taken and had fun, after I took Josh home and Shaun took the girls on Star Tours a few more times before meeting us at home. I think he also took the girls to the hot tub this night.
    Trish

Next Trip Jan 2015 1 night POR, then BWV renting points
    Sept 2013 BWV renting points
    Nov 2012 BWV renting points for my big 4-0
    Sept 2011 BWV renting points
    Sept 2009 POP
    Sept 2008 POP
    Sept. 2007 POP
    Sept 2003 ASMu

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The Osborne Lights are such a fun way to end a day at the Studios!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for reporting!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm loving the trip report so far and Happy belated Birthday. We were there almost the same time as you and the weather was fantastic.

I hadn't paid much attention to where you said you were from until you mentioned Bright Nights and then I said, I know where that is! We've only done it one time though. Maybe we'll have to take my little nephews out there again next year.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

we had to skip Bright Nights once we got back this year, because we knew after Osbourne lights we would be disappointed. We need to get it out of our minds, so we can enjoy bright Nights for what it is!
    Trish

Next Trip Jan 2015 1 night POR, then BWV renting points
    Sept 2013 BWV renting points
    Nov 2012 BWV renting points for my big 4-0
    Sept 2011 BWV renting points
    Sept 2009 POP
    Sept 2008 POP
    Sept. 2007 POP
    Sept 2003 ASMu

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!