Quantcast The Big 40 Day 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Big 40 Day 5

Cast
    Me . Trish, Turning 40 during the trip

DH Shaun 40,

DD1 Sammy(8), gamour girl fashionista

DD2 Alex(6) (well almost 6)

DS Josh (2) VERY 2,

DM Claire 60

Day 5 Magic Kingdom (Sun 12/2)
    I should tell you all at this time we have had wonderful weather so far as it continued to hit about 80 each day. This kept Shaun in a very good mood as he cannot handle the heat or humidity. We took our time getting to the park this morning as it was originally going to be an “off/rest” day… but we just don’t rest well, and if we stuck around the resort the kids would beg too much for swimming and it was still a little too cold for that heated pool or no heated pool for Mommy’s taste! So off to Magic Kingdom. We really just stuck to New and Old Fantasy Land doing every ride there (Except the new Enchanted tales with Belle because 40 minute wait was too long for us with Josh) We had lunch at Cosmic Ray’s and listened to Sonny Eclipse while Alex tried to decide whether he was a “Real “ alien or not… and decided he is only a puppet and the deciding factor being that he was not reacting o anyone in the audience; especially the kid in the table right in front having a total melt down. I mean stretching out on the floor kicking his feet and pounding his arms tantrum. I felt for the parents. I have been there. And I give them credit for continuing to get their other kids fed, while they just made sure the tantrum maker was safe while he carried on. I mean you gotta take care of all of your kids, and sometimes leaving is NOT an option. We had 4pm tx to Hoop De Doo. We have never been to this show before, and I have always wanted to see it. I was worried with Josh if he would be able to handle a dinner show, but was convinced that it was silly enough and musical enough to hold his attention. (Mind you we are a pretty musical family. Musical theatre runs in my veins, the Shaun prefers straight acting to any musicals.) We got there, and we did the pictures, wandered around a little. Once we got in there, we had pretty good seats. The food started coming and it was DELISH! The music started and Josh wanted nothing to do with it. We had to take turns walking him out of the room to the bathroom, to anywhere… He just did NOT want to stay at the table and watch the show or hear the music. We didn’t want to distract the performers… It was frustrating. The girls LOVED the show, its slapstick and silly. What I saw was really fun. I bet in another year or two he would be fine… just now, he does not have a love of Musical theatre. All well , it will come, it has to… It is in his DNA. After he show we let the kids play at the playground outside the hall and then took the boat back to Magic Kingdom and the bus back to the resort. We ran into Nana who offered to watch the kids again if we wanted to go out for more “adult” time at Epcot for an hour or 2. YAY! Bonus. Shaun and I headed to Epcot, he grabbed a beer and I got a gr and marnier orange slushie thing in Paris and we headed to the Candlelight Processional and listened to Andy Garcia narrate the Christmas story for a while. Then we went to the caramel store in germany and shared a Dark chocolate/caramel/sea salt.. Holy Moly that was good! We took some photopass pics infront of the Eiffel Tower and the fountain in Paris. It was nice to be able to walk and hold hands with my husband… Love holding hands with my kids, but it is nice to do so with my husband everynow and then too!. Got home. Thanked Nana for watching the kids, and went to bed!
    Trish

Next Trip Jan 2015 1 night POR, then BWV renting points
    Sept 2013 BWV renting points
    Nov 2012 BWV renting points for my big 4-0
    Sept 2011 BWV renting points
    Sept 2009 POP
    Sept 2008 POP
    Sept. 2007 POP
    Sept 2003 ASMu

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice day especially being able to spend some adult time with your husband at the end. Your mom sounds like a real gem!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reporting!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for your reports! You're getting me through to our April trip!!!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!