Quantcast Strollers in Epcot

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Strollers in Epcot

During my trip last week there were very low crowd levels. We were not allowed to bring my sons stroller into any pavillion in future world. Yet in World showcase we could go anywhere. I dont get it, if they allow wheelchairs in and my 3 month old son can hardly walk why not let infants in strollers? It did limit our trip as one parent always had to wait outside with him.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, super annoying. My only thought is that the Land pavilion especially tends to get congested very easily.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, I think it is simply a case that there isn't room for all of the strollers inside the pavillions.

The Land comes especially to find, with the different levels, and a small elevator to get between them.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Unless your child is welded to the stroller, I don't see the problem. One parent carries the diaper bag, one carries (or wears) the baby, and you leave the stroller outside. We did it for years when our kids were little.

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back, and a few times had a hard time finding stroller parking, and found a couple of times that our stroller had been moved and it took us a while to find it.

However, I always try to keep in mind that our baby can be taken out of the stroller and carried, while most wheelchair-bound persons cannot (be taken out and carried). Also, I may be wrong, but the ADA doesn't protect the rights of infants in stroller, just disabled people in wheelchairs. I just always try to keep that in mind whenever I start grumbling about taking a sleeping baby out of the stroller or having to wait with the stroller...I'm just thankful it's a stroller and not a wheelchair. We've been so blessed with the gift of health, and I try not to take it for granted.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

My 3 mo old son weighs 18 pounds. I also have a 2.5 year old daughter and a 9 year old daughter. It is not easy to hold him and watch the other 2. Now I understand its my problem and some of you super strong people are able to hold your babies for an hour or so but.... How can you allow the stroller in the Japan pavilion but not the land or nemo etc... I didn't think to bring a baby Bjorn because I assumed DISNEY is for families and a stroller for an infant wouldn't be a problem. I can understand if I was trying to bring my 2.5 year old in the stroller, she can walk. Just saying its inconsistent and for me was frustrating.

Post Thanks / Like

And Gardenia.... What does a single parent with an infant and additional children do???? Maybe they can call you to come and hold the diaper bag.

Post Thanks / Like

They wouldn't allow it in The Seas (go in the "back entrance"/exit just to view the aquarium, not riding the ride)? Not allowed into ImageWorks (or whatever it's called now? Not allowed into the store at the exits to Test Track or Mission: Space?

I can understand Spaceship Earth (unless you're just going into the post-show part with the games) and Universe of Energy (with just the ride/show). But not to allow it in any of the other pavilions?

Did you ask anything at Guest Relations?
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

I snuck in at the living seas and was found and told strollers not allowed. Same at imagination. I didn't complain, I should have but with three kids I didn't get the opportunity.

Post Thanks / Like

It would be a logistical nightmare to try and accommodate all those strollers in every attraction. The layout of the parks was designed before people started bringing VERY small children with them on trips.

You were completely alone with 3 kids? Wow! You're braver than I am.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

In what year did people "start bringing small children with them on trips"? As long as I have been going I recall seeing babies. And yes I am a 40 year old father of 3 and am quite accustomed to being with them alone. They are my children. I think it's unfair we couldn't go in to certain areas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spinnerf View Post
    I think it's unfair we couldn't go in to certain areas
    Well...I don't think that's the problem...you *could* go into those "certain areas", but you chose not to because they wouldn't allow the stroller...correct?

Having worked in Attractions for almost ten years, I can't tell you how many, uhhh, "discussions"...I got into with guests about strollers on the steam trains....LOL
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

This is becoming semantic. And a bit heated. My point is I would understand if the policy was no stroller in any building. But in every building in every other park (excluding theaters understandingly) and the world showcase, strollers are allowed. I simply do not understand why several buildings in future world do not allow it. Not allowing it is difficult for families. You are quite right Main Street Jim it's not that I "couldn't" go in, it's that carrying the baby with 2 other kids would be "difficult". If I were forced to carry my 180 pound grandma around on my shoulders it would also be difficult, but apparently I wouldn't have to because the pavilions are equipped for wheelchairs just not strollers. Irregardless of the fact that neither has the ability to walk. But the again years ago they didn't build structures for babies because no one travelled with them??? I think its been a long time since many of you have been responsible for children.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at another theme park with my baby and a couple of school-age children. My older kids wanted to go into a play area where strollers were not allowed, and the baby was sleeping in the stroller. Right in front of me a woman in a wheelchair was allowed in.

It was frustrating to me as well, since I had two kids begging to go in and another wheeled vehicle was allowed in. However, I understood the policy. Me being inside with one stroller wouldn't have been a problem. Me times 20 would have been.

I think the real issue is that when you get to an attraction like Soarin' inside the pavilion, there is no place inside to park all the strollers. The number of strollers parked outside tell you how impossible it would be to allow them all in. And it would also be impractical for CMs to allow them in some times and not others.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

It should be allowed for infants though. What's the difference between The Land and the Canadian Pavilion? The Land is much bigger and doesn't allow infants in strollers. It just doesn't make sense. And I wouldn't park the stroller with an infant, he can't ride Soarin, so I wouldn't need a place to park just a means of transport.

Post Thanks / Like

And there's plenty of room for a stroller in the imagination play area. I could park a Chevy from Test Track in there and no one would notice.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry that this put a damper on your trip but I can understand why they're not allowed inside many of the buildings. I've been in The Land pavilion at peak times and you can't move in there. Add in strollers and it would be a complete nightmare.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Is there more room in the Japan store at peak times than there is in The Land?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really sorry about the frustration this caused you on your trip. It does seem inconsistent. Perhaps the WS pavillions aren't as crowded usually? But we've never been there at a peak time. Although, it sounds like you were there at a slow time too.

It's actually possible to understand Disney's policy AND be sympathetic to the OP's problem with it. No need for harsh responses.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking it could just be an issue of shear volume. I mean I just don't see nearly as many stollers in World Showcase than I see in most other areas.
    Jeff

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: