Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast - December 31, 2012 - Jan 16, 2013 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cer View Post
    I know it is voodoo land still, but am I reading that right? Low's in the mid 70's Jan 10-11?
    That's what it's looking like right now. As you said, it's voodooland so things can always change but for the moment it looks pretty comfortable. If I had to guess, given the overall pattern, I would say if it changes it would be more likely towards cooler than warmer.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What kind of rain event is it looking like for Saturday (Dec. 29)? Talking scattered rain/storms or an all-day type thing? Planning on doing MK that day, but MK has fewer indoor attractions so if a lot of rain expected I may switch to Epcot.

Thanks!
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws View Post
    What kind of rain event is it looking like for Saturday (Dec. 29)?
    Unfortunately, the model guidance page is down this morning. Not sure what's going on but I don't have access to any of the new model data. As soon as I do I'll update. As of last night it looks like the rain will start Saturday afternoon and be fairly heavy throughout the rest of the day. A good soaking rain. Epcot might be your better choice.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Unfortunately, the model guidance page is down this morning. Not sure what's going on but I don't have access to any of the new model data. As soon as I do I'll update. As of last night it looks like the rain will start Saturday afternoon and be fairly heavy throughout the rest of the day. A good soaking rain. Epcot might be your better choice.
    Thanks! I will keep an eye out for when the models are updated. I know that the NOAA site is now showing the rain moving in a bit earlier, with a 40% chance after midnight tomorrow and a 60% all day until 6 p.m. where it drops sharply to about 12%. Thinking that Epcot may be the way to go since most of the day may be off and on wet. We will stick to Sunday for MK.
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws View Post
    Thinking that Epcot may be the way to go since most of the day may be off and on wet. We will stick to Sunday for MK.
    There's a lot of arguing between the GFS and the Euro models on timing so rain might not start until late Saturday or it might start early Saturday. I'm thinking lunchtime, but going with Epcot is the safer bet given the uncertainty.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    There's a lot of arguing between the GFS and the Euro models on timing so rain might not start until late Saturday or it might start early Saturday. I'm thinking lunchtime, but going with Epcot is the safer bet given the uncertainty.
    Thanks! Yeah given the crowds expected and the fact we are only in the parks 2 days before heading over to Tampa for the Outback bowl, we are going to do an all day MK marathon (with a break or two) so don't want that interrupted by rain, so Sunday looks like the best bet. At least with Epcot most any of the attractions, shows, etc are indoors so easy to get out of the rain if it pops up.
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Chris! Sitting outside at Olivia's at OKW enjoying dinner. It is raining now. Do you think this could mean more of a chance of rain tomorrow morning? Citrus Parade starts at 10am. Packing ponchos just in case but hoping the rain holds off so our son's HS marching band gets to march!
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
    TDo you think this could mean more of a chance of rain tomorrow morning?
    The rain tonight is the result of a little impulse out ahead of the front. It'll last an hour or two. The heaviest rain will stay north of WDW. The main rain band is still here in Alabama. It has sped up a good bit, though, so rain in the morning is possible. All indications had been it wouldn't start raining here until after midnight but the rain mass is here now so I was initially thinking around noon for the rain to start tomorrow, but it could come earlier. Definitely be prepared. I hope it'll still slow down a little as it hits Florida and let you get the parade in before it starts. Have fun!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Always love watching your weather updates for our upcoming trips. Don't really like the idea of rain on Jan 13th for the Marathon, but I know that is voodoo land.

Thanks,
    John and Becky
    Next Trip Jan '15 - Boardwalk - Minnie 10K
    Last Trip Nov '13 - Vero Beach / Saratoga Springs

Previous trips
    Old Key West/Beach Club/Saratoga Springs/Animal Kingdom Lodge/Port Orleans - Riverside/Gaylord Palms/All-Star/Movies/Contemporary/All Star Music/All Star Sports/Vero Beach

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: