Quantcast Princess Girls Christmas Kick-off Day 1

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Princess Girls Christmas Kick-off Day 1

Thursday November 15th!

Cast of Characters:

DH: Fred
    ME: Julie
    DD#1: Morgan age 12
    DD#2: Madison age 10 soon to be 11!!

Resort: Pop Century!

We had a mid afternoon flight out of Newark so I sent the girls to school for a few hours (mean I know) so Fred and I could do the last minute packing and house preparations. This flight was chosen based on price, hate losing a day in Disney, but it worked for us. It was a very low stress morning, picked up some delicious sandwiches from a gourmet deli to eat at the airport, picked up the girls who were beyond excited, and got to the airport long term parking within an hour of leaving our home. Airport EMPTY...we like this very much!
    No problems getting through security. Girls don't have to take off their shoes, and we breeze right through. Flights on time, and we sit and have our lunch in the terminal. I do really like JET BLUE. Plugged in my headphones, watched some mindless TV, they passed around some good snacks twice, and before I knew it we were landing!
    Love going to Florida in off season. Everything is green! I miss the green trees, flowers and all the rest this time of year.
    We quickly boarded the Magic Express, and we left within 10 minutes of getting on. First stop was Caribbean Beach, and then us...Pop Century! I ran off that bus to get to the check in desk! I was that excited!!! I had done the online check in, and we were assigned a great room. Room facing the lake, off the 60's building, a corner room. Perfect. 4360. Great room location! We quickly ran in to drop off our carry-on's, and our garden grocer delivery was waiting for us. Put away the cold items in the fridge (very nice addition to the room) and we were back out to catch a bus to Down Town Disney to catch a bite to eat. It was about 6:30 at this point.
    Bus came quickly...it was a very interesting ride over to Downtown...whoa....
    Bus was full, and right from the start there was a cranky baby. It was an infant. It was dark, I had a seat and my family was scattered around the bus. Good thing, because I couldn't see Fred's eyes roll at me. I just want to state that the baby's crying did not bother us, I have kids, I'm with kids, I get it, the mother of the baby was getting flustered, and although she was sitting with the baby, her husband wasn't and she needed his help, so she was snapping at him loudly, and then she started with the two ladies sitting next to her about them not giving up their seat to her husband, and it got UGLY!!! Really UGLY!!! Foul language, yelling, and very uncomfortable. I was so glad it was dark for many reasons, but the main one being I could kind of just stay out of it!!! Out of it was the best!!!! It's Disney people...get a grip! I could not get off that bus fast enough!
    Thankfully that was our only bus "melee" of our trip! What a way to start...I said to Fred...A glorious round of fistacuffs was narrowly averted. I meant it too!!!
    Our first stop was Wolfgang Pucks for dinner. Delicious dinner!! We almost never get to Downtown Disney. Fred doesn't really enjoy coming here, and I'm glad we did. We ate outside, as it was in the upper 60's, and really enjoyed every bite. The cream burlee was delicious!
    After dinner, we split up. Fred decided he wanted to go over to the Hess Mart to get some "adult" beverages for our room, so he went got a Pleasure Island bus to do that, and I took the girls to Design-A-Tee to make tee-shirts for the trip. This was fun, and something I always wanted to do. Our girls are creative, so we had some fun with this. We made purchases at Days of Christmas (how could you not?) and Little Miss-Matched. We enjoyed a nice evening here. Everyone was happy with their purchases, and we headed back to the Pop, where our luggage was waiting for us in our room. I quickly unpacked and organized and hit the bed for tomorrow was going to be an early call for Breakfast in Epcot!
    Our vacation is off to a good start!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Other than the ruckus on the bus, sounds like you had a great first day.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my! You hate to see or hear that kind of stuff in "real" life, let alone on a Disney vacation! Yuck! Hope your kids were OK with hearing all that, and glad you didn't let it ruin the rest of your evening!
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

A lovely start to your trip - if we could just erase that bus trip. I understand a mom with a crying baby feeling a bit overwhelmed but it's certainly nor reason to get nasty with others on the bus.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my Gosh! I know what you mean about getting to Florida and seeing the green!! It's a fantastic sight!! Off to a great start.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for reporting!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great start to the trip!
    Sean
    So many Happy Trips!

6/30/12 through 7/10/12 Fort Wilderness!

12/27/11 through 1/4/12 Fort Wilderness!

12/27/10 thorugh 1/4/11 Fort Wilderness!

7/1/10 through 7/14/10 Fort Wilderness!

12/27/09 through 1/4/10 Fort Wilderness!

7/1/10 through 7/11/10 Fort Wilderness!

Post Thanks / Like

A great start to your vacation. We arrived on the same day --- but much later (11pm).
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear that 'fisticuffs' were avoided.. WOW! Did that lady not remember that she was at DISNEY??? And that there are KIDS around listening? Anyway.. sounds like a pleasant evening once you got past the bus ride. Hope the rest of your trip is magical!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you arrived safely and your vacation is beginning! Too bad about the people on the bus though!
    Heather

YC-7/99,00,8/07
    BC-8/01
    Poly-8/02,03,7/05

POR-12/03,9/11
    WL-7/04
    POFQ-12/04,8/06
    Pop-10/05,5/07,12/08,8/09,1/11,3/13
    CBR-11/07,09,10/11,5/12
    ASMo-1/09
    ASSp-1/10,8/12

Offsite-8/08,5/09
    ASMu-8/10,11/10
    CSR-8/10
    AoA-12/12, 9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like an interesting bus ride! Glad that you didn't let it spoil the fun.

Can't wait to read more!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: