Quantcast Construction by TTC

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Construction by TTC

Hey All, can anybody tell me about the construction that is going on over by the TTC. I went past that area yesterday and it was a large hole in the ground with alot of heavy machinery working. Is it a new TTC for a monorail expansion? Any body have a clue, it is a big job site...
    To many visits to keep track of.
    Finally Living The Dream!!!!!!!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

How close was it to the POLY? Maybe the DVC they are building there?
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

Did I miss something? I knew about the new DVC at the GF, but must've missed news about a Poly DVC. Is that for real?
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Basket Mommy View Post
    Did I miss something? I knew about the new DVC at the GF, but must've missed news about a Poly DVC. Is that for real?
    Poly DVC is coming... Just a matter of when, not if...

As for TTC construction, I doubt this has anything to do with Poly DVC, not yet anyway.... Some rumors went around a while ago about a new TTC being built, but I don't think anyone ever took the rumor serious...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Poly DVC is coming... Just a matter of when, not if...

As for TTC construction, I doubt this has anything to do with Poly DVC, not yet anyway.... Some rumors went around a while ago about a new TTC being built, but I don't think anyone ever took the rumor serious...
    Piggybacking off that, is there any truth to the rumor of Poly being closed during the DVC build so they can basically rebuild the resort?
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!
    Disney College Program alumnus Aug 2011-Jan 2012 Electric Umbrella in Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy2315 View Post
    Piggybacking off that, is there any truth to the rumor of Poly being closed during the DVC build so they can basically rebuild the resort?
    More rumors... I don't think anyone knows for sure... However, it is known that the Great Ceremonial House is in terrible shape and that more than a handful of rooms in the Poly are pretty much in no better condition than your $40 a night no tell motels where truckers tend to spend the night on long drives delivering goods... And yes, I have recently seen pictures of the poor condition of these rooms in recent trip reports... Some people have also said that the way the Poly was built, and the material used back then, the resort only had a 40 year shelf life... We've reached that point if true...

There is a guy out there, Tikiman i believe he calls himself, who is pretty much a Poly expert... I am not sure if he is a member here or not, but he is on other forums and he has his own website dedicated to the Poly... Check it out (Google search should find his site for you)... I believe he has all the information regarding the condition of Poly and possible future plans you seek...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    More rumors... I don't think anyone knows for sure... However, it is known that the Great Ceremonial House is in terrible shape and that more than a handful of rooms in the Poly are pretty much in no better condition than your $40 a night no tell motels where truckers tend to spend the night on long drives delivering goods... And yes, I have recently seen pictures of the poor condition of these rooms in recent trip reports... Some people have also said that the way the Poly was built, and the material used back then, the resort only had a 40 year shelf life... We've reached that point if true...

There is a guy out there, Tikiman i believe he calls himself, who is pretty much a Poly expert... I am not sure if he is a member here or not, but he is on other forums and he has his own website dedicated to the Poly... Check it out (Google search should find his site for you)... I believe he has all the information regarding the condition of Poly and possible future plans you seek...
    Uh huh. The GCH is not in terrible shape the issues are about asbestos and are mostly about the water feature which could use work but like all asbestos work if its not deteriorating and intact it's safe to leave it.

As far as the rooms and shelf life, the last major refurb was about more than room refreshing, it was a major gutting of the rooms, removing asbestos, and redoing structure. There is NO 40 year shelf life issue. All buildings are designed for a certain period before the fix up needs to take place and that was done in the last refurb.

And more than a little over the top about the $40 rooms. Where did you get that from? They refresh the rooms every 6 to 8 years and are about to do it again. Hardly fleabag type maintenance. Oh, and age means nothing in terms of quality, many of the world's fine hotels are a century old, but they are regularly refreshed, that's the key not age.

Tikiman's site is good but he sometimes reports rumor before final decision and has backtracked on a few things recently that I knew weren't accurate. Including some of what you've put in here.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

All I know is I spent a night in John's Poly room during ICot-15 and I saw not one thing wrong. It looks as splendid as it always has, if you ask me.

Now obviously I can't speak to any structural issues or asbestos issues, but the resort itself was near-pristine. John's room was basically perfect.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

When I was there it was full of water and looked like a collection pond, nothing more.

Post Thanks / Like

Are speaking of near the ferry boats? If so, we saw that same construction, they are replacing the docks and pillars.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16