Quantcast Transformers The Ride 3D Officially Annoucned

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Transformers The Ride 3D Officially Annoucned

I know, I am late to the game... Had a 1 week power outage from Hurricane Sandy which coincided with Universal's November 1st announcement... I mean, we all knew it was Transformers from Day 1 of SS44 demolition, but it is now official... Here is the press release.. Maybe the mods can close the SS44 demolition thread since, well, it is now redundant...

"TRANSFORMERS: The Ride - 3D" Coming to Universal Orlando in Summer 2013
    THE BATTLE CONTINUES...IN ORLANDO

JUST ANNOUNCED: BLOCKBUSTER MEGA-ATTRACTION "TRANSFORMERS: THE RIDE – 3D" COMING TO UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT IN SUMMER 2013

Hugely-Successful Attraction Will Now Be Featured at Three Universal Parks Worldwide

Guests Will Be Fully-Immersed in a TRANSFORMERS Adventure with Their Favorite Characters and Nemeses from the Popular Film Series

ORLANDO, Fla. (November 1, 2012) – Get ready – it's time to prepare for battle...

Universal Orlando Resort announced that its next blockbuster attraction will be the widely-popular TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D. The groundbreaking ride – created under license from Hasbro, Inc. and based on its iconic TRANSFORMERS brand – will bring the intergalactic battle between the Autobots and the Decepticons to Universal Studios Florida in summer 2013.

Already a "must-see" at Universal Studios Singapore and Universal Studios Hollywood, TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D is a mind-blowing, action-packed ride experience that you have to see to believe. You will come face to face with Megatron. You will dodge explosions and attacks by the Decepticons. You will fight to save mankind alongside Optimus Prime and the Autobots. It will be the greatest battle you'll ever ride.

Universal worked closely with Michael Bay, the award-winning director of the "TRANSFORMERS" film series and the ride's creative consultant, to create an authentic experience that brings the non-stop action of the films to life. The attraction combines the larger-than-life TRANSFORMERS characters and an exciting storyline with life-like HD CGI media, state-of-the-art 3-D technology and amazing special effects to place riders right in the middle of an epic battle between good and evil.

"We broke the mold and have taken this ride to a new technological level in terms of blending seamless 3-D," said Michael Bay, director of the "TRANSFORMERS" films.

"TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D is the perfect addition to Universal Orlando's thrilling theme park experiences," said Mark Woodbury, president of Universal Creative. "The ride has already proven to be a hit at our Hollywood and Singapore parks, and we're excited that Universal Orlando guests will soon be able to join the Autobots in the fight to save the world."

TRANSFORMERS films, television shows and merchandise have captivated millions of people all over the world. To date, three blockbuster films have been released – "TRANSFORMERS" (2007), "TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN" (2009) and "TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON" (2011) – grossing more than $2 billion combined worldwide at the box office. The three films were directed by Michael Bay, executive produced by Steven Spielberg and released by Paramount Pictures.

TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D is slated to open in summer 2013 at Universal Orlando. The attraction will have one of the shortest build times in Universal history – making it one of Universal's most ambitious projects ever. For more information about TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D, visit www.prepareforbattle.com.

About Universal Orlando Resort
    There are many ways to enjoy your Orlando vacation, but there is only one place where vacation becomes adventure: Universal Orlando Resort. It is a unique destination featuring two theme parks, three magnificently themed on-site hotels and a nighttime entertainment complex. It's the only Orlando destination where you are not just entertained – you become part of the most exhilarating entertainment ever created. You can soar above Hogwarts with Harry Potter, swing above the streets with Spider-Man, be transformed into a banana-loving minion in the hilarious and heartwarming Despicable Me Minion Mayhem ride and help Shrek save Princess Fiona in Shrek 4-D. Universal Orlando Resort is an NBCUniversal company.

About Hasbro
    Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company's world class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its global customers with well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORM's Hasbro Studios develops and produces television programming for markets around the world. The Hub TV Network is part of a multi-platform joint ventureERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY. The Company between Hasbro and Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK), in the U.S. Through the company's deep commitment to corporate social responsibility, including philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to build a safe and sustainable world for future generations and to positively impact the lives of millions of children and families every year. It has been recognized for its efforts by being named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" and is ranked as one of Corporate Responsibility Magazine's "100 Best Corporate Citizens." Learn more at www.hasbro.com.

© 2012 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Check out the website linked in the press release... it is pretty cool...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This is great. Remind me...is this what is replacing JAWS.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    This is great. Remind me...is this what is replacing JAWS.
    Transformers is not too far from the Mummy and Mel's diner. The waterfront area where jaws was is said to be the potter expansion.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Transformers is not too far from the Mummy and Mel's diner. The waterfront area where jaws was is said to be the potter expansion.
    Thanks, I thought that's were the Harry Potter expansion was going but couldn't picture were Transformers would be going.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Another permit filed for Project 007... The permit calls for interior demolition, foundation, and drainage work for building 43... Assumption is building 43 is Monsters Cafe, since Transformers is SS44... If this is indeed for Monsters Cafe, could it be getting a Transformers theme as well? Maybe a N.E.S.T Cafe?

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!! sounds cool can't wait to take my DS8 when it opens...
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

The name of the merchandise store will be SUPPLY VAULT... no signage up yet but the name has been painted above the entrance (which resembles two garage door entrances)... The building facade is still being worked on and consists of a bar code, a few chevrons, NEST and the NEST logo, and of course some autobot logos... The Optimus Prime statue has not been added yet...

The walls between Transfomers and Shrek have now bee removed... Guests can now walk between the two buildings... The Supply Vault is rumored to be opening 2 weeks from today, March 8th...

Soft openings for the attraction are rumored for beginning of May with a grand opening end of May/June... Universal has not confirmed these dates...

Post Thanks / Like

The Transformers merchandise store The Supply Vault has opened today... Work is progressing on the facade, with one side complete... Construction continues on the inside, however, ride vehicles have been cycling, but the ride isn't close to team member testing or soft opening...

And a side note... Project 007 was, at first, believe to be a transformation of Monsters Cafe to a Transformers/NEST themed restaurant... However, this was wrong... Project 007 is the return of Donkey from Shrek meet and greet, which may have reopened, and if not, should be reopening at any time...

Post Thanks / Like

Stilt walking Transformers characters are expected to make their appearance in USO within the next day or two..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Stilt walking Transformers characters are expected to make their appearance in USO within the next day or two..
    Optimus Prime and Bumblebee have started doing meet and greets today...

Inching closer and closer!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I love the stilt walkers at the Mummy....I'm sure these will be great too!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    I love the stilt walkers at the Mummy....I'm sure these will be great too!
    Pictures are floating around Twitter and online sites... The characters look great... Megatron hasn't started yet but the costume is on site...

People are reporting the lines are long to meet Optimus and Bumblebee...

Post Thanks / Like

Staying at AOR in Aug, can't wait.

Is there any more information on the ride technology? Is it like spiderman or Revenge of the Mummy where you move along or is it more simulation?

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone heard any type of date other than Summer 2013? We will be there mid July. Really hope it is open then!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mgmnut View Post
    Staying at AOR in Aug, can't wait.

Is there any more information on the ride technology? Is it like spiderman or Revenge of the Mummy where you move along or is it more simulation?
    Similar to Spider-man, but people who have been on the Hollywood version says it is better... Transformers takes place on two floors... Your vehicle ascends and descends via elevator that you have no idea you were even on...

Quote Originally Posted by kcrc View Post
    Has anyone heard any type of date other than Summer 2013? We will be there mid July. Really hope it is open then!
    Reported opening should be in May... June possibly depending how ride testing goes... You should be fine for July pending any unforeseen issues...

Post Thanks / Like

The Hollywood Transformers ride is impressive, but I do prefer spiderman. Just feel like there is alot more physical effects in spiderman where as transformers seems to rely alot more heavily on the 3d screens. They are both very good though I might add!

Post Thanks / Like

Megatron has now started doing meet and greets along with Optimus Prime and Bumblebee... There is a rumored 4th character to make a meet and greet appearance, but no word on who...

Post Thanks / Like

Any updates on the opening of this ride?
    Looks like we will be there for Memorial Day weekend.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MizMissy View Post
    Any updates on the opening of this ride?
    Looks like we will be there for Memorial Day weekend.
    I think they are still aiming for a Memorial Day Weekend opening... Haven't started softs yet, mostly the walls are down... Still got some work going on...

Post Thanks / Like

The attraction signs have now been installed... We are still waiting to see the large Optimus Prime statute (which is now rumored to be animatronic!!!!), to be installed above the attraction entrance...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: