Quantcast 2 Parks in 1 day?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 Parks in 1 day?

Can we use 2 days on our multiple day passes to go to 2 parks in one day? For example...MK in the AM and Epcot in the PM and use 2 days of our 4 day tickets.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Not unless you have the Park Hopper option added to your ticket. If you have a Base ticket it's one park each day. You can leave the park and go back to the same park later in the day with a Base, however.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately no.
    You would have to have the park hopper option on your tickets to visit more than one park in one day.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

If you have a multi-day, one park per day, ticket, on your first use of a given day, the system knows you have used the ticket, and knows what park you have visited. If you try to use that ticket on that day in a different park, the system will not let you do it.

The greater than 90% discount per day for longer than 3 days is only to reward longer stays, not to provide a loophole for those who want to visit multiple parks on a single day. Since I am an incurable hopper, I would have loved to have been able to hop for an extra $5 per day, rather than paying $55 to upgrade my multi-day tickets to hop. Multi-park single day visits requires either two seperate tickets, or, with about a 50 percent discount for te second park, a park hopper.
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 13tink13 View Post
    Can we use 2 days on our multiple day passes to go to 2 parks in one day? For example...MK in the AM and Epcot in the PM and use 2 days of our 4 day tickets.
    First to Intercot!

I am not the expert on Park Ticket use and maybe PP didn't understand your question. or were indeed correct.

I would THINK one could go to say Animal Kingdom on your FIRST day and use one day of your 4 day ticket. Exit AK and go to EPCOT and use another day of your 4 day ticket book leaving you now ONLY 2 Days/Parks on your ticket. NOT the best use of your 4 Day/Park TICKET.

Now....someone will follow this correcting or supporting my personal thoughts on your question. If my thoughts are correct, you could actually take a 4Day Ticket and go to ALL 4 Parks in 1 Day and USE UP your Ticket all in the same day.
    Still not the way to use the ticket or your time?
    There may be something written to not allow this in order to "encourage" you to buying/upgrading to a Hopper Ticket?
    Now....I'm curious myself?
    1972- FW 1st WDW trip/Dad
    73-79 WDW Cast(Water Craft)
    1980 - 2005 - FW,ASM, PO,Poly
    Sept 28-Oct 6, 2007 - DW 50th
    Sept 6-19, 2009 ASM Calypso 25th Annv.
    Sept 23-Oct 1, 2011. Calypso w/Dash, his 1st Disney Trip
    Dec 9-19, 2012Christmas
    Oct 2-14, 2013 ASM
    Sep13-24. 30th Anniv. Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Like I said....great place to LEARN from the experts! Thanks WDWFAN,
    1972- FW 1st WDW trip/Dad
    73-79 WDW Cast(Water Craft)
    1980 - 2005 - FW,ASM, PO,Poly
    Sept 28-Oct 6, 2007 - DW 50th
    Sept 6-19, 2009 ASM Calypso 25th Annv.
    Sept 23-Oct 1, 2011. Calypso w/Dash, his 1st Disney Trip
    Dec 9-19, 2012Christmas
    Oct 2-14, 2013 ASM
    Sep13-24. 30th Anniv. Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdwfansince75 View Post
    Since I am an incurable hopper, I would have loved to have been able to hop for an extra $5 per day, rather than paying $55 to upgrade my multi-day tickets to hop. Multi-park single day visits requires either two seperate tickets, or, with about a 50 percent discount for te second park, a park hopper.
    I am an incurable hopper too, as well as being OCD. Couldn't restrain myself from examining ticket prices for base and hopper. Disney does reward buying (visiting) more days.

If you figure the cost of each subsequent day as the difference from the day before, by day 3, a hopper ticket costs less than does a base ticket. The 4th day's cost are almost the same, $14 for base and $15 for hopper.

If you also figure, using the OP's question, in using two "days" of tickets for admission to two parks on one day (IF it were possible) then you'd have to compare a 5 or 6 day base ticket with a 4 day park hopper. Then the price increase for a hopper drops below $40 - and less than $10 per day to go to a second, or third (or fourth ) park in one day.

Which makes me an even more confirmed park hopper ticket purchaser.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat willy View Post
    I would THINK one could go to say Animal Kingdom on your FIRST day and use one day of your 4 day ticket. Exit AK and go to EPCOT and use another day of your 4 day ticket book leaving you now ONLY 2 Days/Parks on your ticket. NOT the best use of your 4 Day/Park TICKET.
    This is exactly what I believe the original poster suggested wanting to do and it is NOT ALLOWED by Disney. If you have a multi-day pass, you can visit the same park multiple times in the same day (Go to Animal Kingdom on your first day, leave Animal Kingdom, and return to Animal Kingdom later in the day) but you CANNOT use two days off your tickets to visit two separate parks on the same day. The second park will refuse you admission unless you want to upgrade your ticket by adding the park hopper option. Only those who have purchased the park hopper option can visit more than one of the four theme parks in the same day.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 13tink13 View Post
    If you are only going to visit the parks 4 days, you really don't want to park hop anyway. You will waste too much of your time on logistics. We never hop at all....ever...even if we are there for more than a week. We never did it when park hopping was included in your tickets for free years ago either.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I'm going to be pretty mean here...on our last trip we we waiting to enter EPCOT..in front of us was mom, dad and two young girls dressed up...the mom put her ticket in the machine and it was rejected...she turned to dad and said I told you so in a low voice. The CM said, you already went to MK and this is not a hopper pass...dad looked back at mom, with a watch this look, and said, really, we didn't understand, you don't want us to disappoint our two little girls...cm said to purchase park hopper option and they can come in. Dad said,but it's $200 and our dinner won't even cost that...cm relented and let them in...and dad turned to mom when they were through the turnstiles and smirked...and yes, the CM was nice, but it really made me mad...
    They were aware of the policy.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
    Ok, I'm going to be pretty mean here...on our last trip we we waiting to enter EPCOT..in front of us was mom, dad and two young girls dressed up...the mom put her ticket in the machine and it was rejected...she turned to dad and said I told you so in a low voice. The CM said, you already went to MK and this is not a hopper pass...dad looked back at mom, with a watch this look, and said, really, we didn't understand, you don't want us to disappoint our two little girls...cm said to purchase park hopper option and they can come in. Dad said,but it's $200 and our dinner won't even cost that...cm relented and let them in...and dad turned to mom when they were through the turnstiles and smirked...and yes, the CM was nice, but it really made me mad...
    They were aware of the policy.
    Oh that just burns me up. They obviously knew the policy and took advantage of the fact that CM's usually don't want a scene, especially with kids involved. Parents setting a bad example for their children.

Post Thanks / Like

This bugs me too, but I would think it is the exception instead of the norm.

We almost always get a park hopper, since we seem to eat in a different park than we spend the day (too many yummy places in Epcot).

Even though the ticket costs have gone up a lot in the past few years, it is still a good value, base or park hopper.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat willy View Post

First to Intercot!

I am not the expert on Park Ticket use and maybe PP didn't understand your question. or were indeed correct.

Now....someone will follow this correcting or supporting my personal thoughts on your question. If my thoughts are correct, you could actually take a 4Day Ticket and go to ALL 4 Parks in 1 Day and USE UP your Ticket all in the same day.
    Still not the way to use the ticket or your time?
    There may be something written to not allow this in order to "encourage" you to buying/upgrading to a Hopper Ticket?
    Now....I'm curious myself?
    NOPE! It does not work that way.

Magic Your Way (MYW) BASE tickets give you one entry into one of the 4 main parks - Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Disneys Hollywood Studios, or Animal Kingdom - per business DAY.

As an earlier poster said, once your park pass is used in a turnstile to enter a park, unless you have the Park Hopper (PH) option, you can not use that park pass to enter another park during business hours on that day. (Business hours being from earliest opening of any of the 4 parks to latest closing of any of the 4 parks on that 'calendar' day.) You CAN, however, enter the same park multiple times in that one business day.

Since all the turnstiles are linked to the MCP (LOL) they know where you have been and what kind of ticket you have (Park Hopper or Base)

Not to change, or confuse, the subject, but if you have the Water Park Fun and More (WPFM) option, then you could get in to either of the water parks - Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach, DisneyQuest, or Oak Trail Golf in any combination in one day using ENTRIES from the WPFM option. The WPFM option gives you the same number of ENTRIES as you have number of DAYS on your Magic Your Way (MYW) park ticket.

Quick Summation:
    MYW ==>> 1 DAY = 1 Park - can only use 1 DAY of MYW ticket per Business Day
    MYW + PH ==>> 1 DAY = up to 4 Parks - no need to use multiple days
    WPFM ==>> 1 DAY (of MYW ticket) = 1 ENTRY to BB, TL, DQ, or OTG

A quick addendum: Individually, PH & WPFM options are approximately $55, flat fee no matter how many days are on your MYW Base ticket. Purchased together, there is a discount, I believe (and may be wrong about the exact price) that brings them down to approximately $74. I say approximately because I do not think that includes taxes.....

Hope this helps!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: