Quantcast Needing some Pixie Dust...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Needing some Pixie Dust...

I am going through a really hard time at the moment. Many of you heard me talk about my boyfriend at ICOT 15 and here on the boards. Well today he ended our relationship, which completely took me by surprise. He felt our relationship was going in two different directions and he couldn't give me the commitment. "he wasn't ready." I won't get into it completely but needless to say I am shocked and devastated that this is happening. We were together four years and although I knew we weren't headed toward marriage for a while, this was the last thing I ever saw coming from him.

I have been through breakups and heartache like this before and I know that I will be ok, but I just have a really hard time letting go of a person who had been my rock through some of the worst times of my life. I have a great family and very supportive friends to lean on and I am thankful for that. I know my situation isn't nearly as terrible as what many others are going though, like the aftermath of Sandy for example. It's still just going to be really, really hard.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Nikki,

I am so sorry. It just stinks to be blindsided and I understand how much it hurts when you find out everything you were expecting isn't there any more.

I know there is nothing I can say to make you feel better, but here is a little pixie dust. I'll be thinking of you.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Nikki, I'm so sorry! That really stinks!! When I was going through a difficult time, a friend gave me a little plate that says "Everything happens for a reason". I keep that plate in my office as a reminder that things often work out better than we think when things are at their worst.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear, Nikki. It can be hard to look at the good side of things during a time like this, but if he was really feeling that way it's probably better he ended it now instead of stringing you along indefinitely. You have a good head on your shoulders and you'll get through this. You said you have a great support system so don't hesitate to lean on them. We are here for you, too! The best piece of advice I could give would be to just get out and do things whenever you can. Indulge a hobby further, go running often. The more active you are the better you'll feel.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Nikki, that just stinks. I'm so sorry! Every day you'll feel a little better, and then like Linda said, you'll see that everything happens for a reason. Hang in there, and like Maryanne said, stay busy!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everything the previous posters have said. You seem to have your head on straight and are thinking logically about this. It bites and it hurts. Wish it didn't have to be that way. Try to stay busy and go out with friends. Tomorrow is always just a day away.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Nikki, I am SO sorry... ... I wish there was more I could say or do, I can't imagine how difficult it is when something comes out of the blue like that. It's one thing when you can see it coming - but when it blindsides you, it's even worse. Like everyone else has said, things happen for a reason, and I know you know that... you are a strong, smart, really level-headed person and I know you'll get through this... but it still hurts, and I'm sorry. If you want to get together, remember that I'm not that far away... we all have strong shoulders here for you, but if you need "real" one, just give me a text/call/PM.

Hang in there, this all must mean that there is someone/something even better out there waiting for you.
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry Nikki!!! There isn't anything I can say or do to make you feel better, but know we are all here for you!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Nikki,

I ditto everyone's sentiments as well. Just remember. When God closes one door, he always opens another.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry Nikki. My oldest son went through this a couple of years ago. It's not easy; but you will get through it.
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

I always hate to see a friend get hurt.

If there's a "silver lining" to the situation, it would be that you weren't married and now facing the further heartbreak of a divorce.

Take full advantage of your support system, keep your head high, and don't let it wear you down. Stay strong!

and headed your way.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Nikki - so sorry that you are going through this and I too Ditto all of the previous posts! You WILL get through this, but it may not seem like that right now. With each passing day it will get a little less difficult although it may not seem that way right now. And remember you are a strong and beautiful woman and there is so much to look forward to for you!
    Melissa
    "I'm Goofy for Mickey"

2008 - Dolphin, 2010 - Port Orleans, 2011 - Coronado Springs, 2012 - Beach Club, 2013 - Beach Club, Next Trip Oct 2014 - My first trip to Disneyland!!!

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Hang in there, this all must mean that there is someone/something even better out there waiting for you.
    Sorry to hear that!
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everybody. Reality hasn't really hit me yet, but I really appreciate all your kind and encouraging words. Luckily I live very close to my family and my mom is here with me now. I just need a lot of Taylor Swift, Adele, and wine.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry, Nikki.

It's hard to even imagine now that he was not "the one" - but there is someone out there for you. Feel better, Hon. Time will help you through this.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear about this Nikki!

Hopefully, this means there is something better for you just around the corner.

Sending lots of hugs and your way!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear you are going through a hard time Nikki. Been there, done that too. *sighs* But just know that it only means the best is yet to come for you. I promise! Just focus on yourself right now and surround yourself with good friends and family who love you. Do fun things with girlfriends - get your nails done, go to the movies, go shopping! Staying busy always helped me stay distracted when I went through the same thing. Just give it some time...

You WILL get through this lady!!!!
    Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

BC: 9/12, 7/13, 1/14, 5/14, 9/14, 1/15, 9/15, 9/16
    GF: 9/16
    SSR: 9/13
    WL: 5/16
    BW: 9/11
    OKW: 7/10
    AK: 6/09
    BLT: 9/15
    CBR: 8/07
    ASMo 12/14
    Offsite: 8/88

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry you are going through this Nikki. The future will hold bigger, better and brighter things for you. You just have to take time to heal and then go on with your life.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry, wishing you brighter days ahead.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear you are going through such heartbreak.

On the bright side, this means you can find someone who will attend the next icot meet WITH you instead of just talking about him.

In all seriousness, you can get through this with your head held high and will find love again.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: