Quantcast Needing some Pixie Dust... - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I 'm sorry.

Is there a disney dating site out there when you are ready? Might be a lot of fun.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    St Pete Beach FL- Too close and too far away
    Post Thanks / Like

No matter what the situation-or the loss, grieving is a difficult task, yet it is one that we all must do at various points in our lives.
    I encourage you to allow yourself to grieve your loss, so that when you are done grieving, you can open your heart back up to the possibilities of a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow...
    I will keep you in my prayers that your heart heals quickly and easily-as you count each day past as a blessing, and each day forward a treasure...

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry you are going through this! I went through the same thing last December when my ex BF blindsided me and left after almost 13 years together. So I know exactly how you are feeling and what you're going through right now. It's hard and unfortunately it might get worse before it gets better. But, the good news is that you WILL get through it and you WILL come out of it a better, stronger person!

The best advice I can give you is to lean on the people who are there for you and let them help you through this. Let yourself feel whatever you're feeling at any given moment, good or bad. If you're angry, then let yourself be angry! If you're sad, then let yourself feel sad! And when you start to feel better, embrace that and hold onto it. Take the small moments of strength that come along every so often and hold onto those, and soon they will bind together and become the foundation of the person you'll become post-relationship. Allow yourself some time to wallow, but as soon as you feel ready, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and take that first step to moving on and moving forward.

Getting through my break-up is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. But, almost 1 year later, I am a better person because of it and I am better off without my ex. It took me a long time to realize that, but once I did, I was able to start figuring out who I am now and what I want out of life. You will get there, too. It's so hard to believe it now, but you will be OK!! And you'll be better off in the long run!

I wish I could give you a real hug, but I'll have to send you a virtual Icot hug instead. If you need to talk or vent or rant or anything, please feel free to PM me! All of your Icot friends are here for you, including me!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to add that one of the things that helped me the most in the aftermath of my own break-up was music. I know you mentioned listening to Adele and Taylor Swift, so I thought you might view music in a somewhat similar way, as a healing force. There were lots of songs that have helped me along the way, some upbeat, some not so upbeat, some about making myself stronger, some about realizing I was better off without my ex. Anyway, I made a list of the songs that helped me the most, and I thought I'd share it with you. Some might not be to your taste, but I hope some of them can help you get through tough days like they did for me. Anyway, here it is!

“I Don’t Care” – Apocalyptica
    “Jar of Hearts” – Christina Perri
    "Titanium" - David Guetta & Sia
    “Live My Life” – Far East Movement
    “Good Feeling” – Flo Rida
    “Shake it Out” – Florence & the Machine
    “Some Nights” – Fun.
    “Up Up Up” – The Givers
    “Somebody That I Used to Know” – Gotye
    “Heart’s a Mess” – Gotye
    “Eyes Wide Open” – Gotye
    “It’s Time” – Imagine Dragons
    “Swim” – Jack’s Mannequin
    “I’m Ready” – Jack’s Mannequin
    “The Resolution” – Jack’s Mannequin
    “Leave (Get Out)” – JoJo
    “Heartless” – Kanye West
    “Stronger” – Kanye West
    “Part of Me” – Katy Perry
    “Stronger” – Kelly Clarkson
    “Smile” – Lily Allen
    “A Lifeless Ordinary (Need a Little Help)” – Motion City Soundtrack
    “You Can Do It” – No Doubt
    “This Too Shall Pass” – OK Go
    “That’s What You Get” – Paramore
    “Blow Me (One Last Kiss)” – Pink
    “There You Go” – Pink
    “Hope Song” – Rock Kills Kid
    “Goodbye” – Save Ferris
    “I’m Not Cryin’ for You” – Save Ferris
    “Mean” – Taylor Swift
    “You Got Lucky” – Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
    “Don’t Come Around Here No More” – Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
    “Something Good Can Work” – Two Door Cinema Club
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you have to go through this... I think if you sit down and weigh out your relationship you will see it is probably in the best interest for the both of you. You don't want to wake up years from now and say "why". It’s going to stings for a while and then you will start to realize things ALWAYS happen for a GOOD reason. He was your rock, but he also made you a very strong young woman that can face anything. This is just another stepping stone to lead you too where you need to be in life. I really believe that. One day when you have a beautiful family, you will look back and say "Now I know WHY"...Hang in there it does get a whole lot better...
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laprana View Post
    “Some Nights” – Fun.
    “Up Up Up” – The Givers
    “Heart’s a Mess” – Gotye
    “Eyes Wide Open” – Gotye
    “Leave (Get Out)” – JoJo
    “Heartless” – Kanye West
    “Stronger” – Kanye West
    “Smile” – Lily Allen
    “There You Go” – Pink
    “Goodbye” – Save Ferris
    “Mean” – Taylor Swift
    Great list of Songs
    I would just add one
    "Sometimes I Thank God, For Unanswered Prayers" Garth Brooks!!!
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laprana View Post
    I just wanted to add that one of the things that helped me the most in the aftermath of my own break-up was music. I know you mentioned listening to Adele and Taylor Swift, so I thought you might view music in a somewhat similar way, as a healing force. There were lots of songs that have helped me along the way, some upbeat, some not so upbeat, some about making myself stronger, some about realizing I was better off without my ex. Anyway, I made a list of the songs that helped me the most, and I thought I'd share it with you. Some might not be to your taste, but I hope some of them can help you get through tough days like they did for me. Anyway, here it is!

“Some Nights” – Fun.
    “Up Up Up” – The Givers
    “Heart’s a Mess” – Gotye
    “Eyes Wide Open” – Gotye
    “Leave (Get Out)” – JoJo
    “Heartless” – Kanye West
    “Stronger” – Kanye West
    “Smile” – Lily Allen
    “There You Go” – Pink
    “Goodbye” – Save Ferris
    “Mean” – Taylor Swift
    Thank you SO MUCH Laura! I think you and I are cut from the same cloth, lol. I have a lot of the same songs on my "Best Breakup Songs Ever" playlist I made a few years ago. Just didn't anticipate ever listening to it again. I have to update it now since so many good songs have come out in 4 years. I LOVE Gotye and also added a lot of Vanessa Carlton, All American Rejects, Linkin Park, and Muse.

Today has been a little better, but not much since I am still in the process of telling people. It's the last news any of our friends ever expected to hear so they are also shocked and very surprised. It's really hard to keep having to hash it out over and over, but at the same time I don't want to put anyone in an awkward position because they don't know.

Also just made plans for New Years to go to DC and spend a few days with my sister who lives there. It would have been our anniversary. I will NEVER get together with a person on a national holiday ever again.

Thanks again to everyone for their thoughts and support!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    Also just made plans for New Years to go to DC and spend a few days with my sister who lives there. It would have been our anniversary. I will NEVER get together with a person on a national holiday ever again.
    Sounds like a wonderful way to stay distracted!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Also just made plans for New Years to go to DC and spend a few days with my sister who lives there. It would have been our anniversary.
    Blood is thicker than water.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you SO MUCH Laura! I think you and I are cut from the same cloth, lol. I have a lot of the same songs on my "Best Breakup Songs Ever" playlist I made a few years ago. Just didn't anticipate ever listening to it again. I have to update it now since so many good songs have come out in 4 years. I LOVE Gotye and also added a lot of Vanessa Carlton, All American Rejects, Linkin Park, and Muse.
    You are so very welcome! It looks like you have great taste in music! I hope those songs help you in some way.

I think it's great you're making plans now to help with what might be a tough day down the road. It gives you something else to think about and focus on! And right now, you can't worry too much about how your friends feel or if it's awkward for them. You have to do what's best for you, and if that means waiting a little while to tell everyone, then that's what you should do. You have to take care of yourself right now!

I hope today is better for you, and I hope it gets a little better with each day to come. It does get better, I promise!
    Laura

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    On the bright side, this means you can find someone who will attend the next icot meet WITH you instead of just talking about him.
    That sounds awesome.

Aw, Nikki, I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this. I'm sure there is a new path ahead of you.

Some love advice from my girls:

My 8 year old says to eat gummy bears and rip their heads off if it makes you feel better.

My 9 year old says to watch your favorite movie and forget about it all for a while.

Hope you're feeling better soon!
    Kathy (and Katie, and Julie)
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Nikki after meeting you I can say you are a very upbeat, lovely person and you will someday find a person who will appreciate that. Sometimes people just aren't right for each other no matter how nice they are. Hang in there...we have all been through this before finding our other half.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I don't often get to the water cooler but your post caught my eye. I'm so sorry to hear this news and even more sorry to know you're hurting. You are a very kind and fun person to be with, you'll do just fine in the future. Hang in there! (((hugs)))
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just seeing this now, Nikki. I'm SO sorry. Is it too early for me to say really insulting things about him? Like...I said he was cute when you showed me his picture, but he wasn't THAT cute. And he had a kind of shifty look like he was untrustworthy, and immature, and not so bright, and cravenly, and a poo poo head. He is going to look back at this decision and totally regret it, because it's not like a stellar person such as yourself comes along every day! Is he going to be in Colorado any time soon? Cause I can definitely make sure he has a little "accident"! I know people!

Chin up, sweetie.

Amy
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mousefever View Post
    I'm just seeing this now, Nikki. I'm SO sorry. Is it too early for me to say really insulting things about him? Like...I said he was cute when you showed me his picture, but he wasn't THAT cute. And he had a kind of shifty look like he was untrustworthy, and immature, and not so bright, and cravenly, and a poo poo head. He is going to look back at this decision and totally regret it, because it's not like a stellar person such as yourself comes along every day! Is he going to be in Colorado any time soon? Cause I can definitely make sure he has a little "accident"! I know people!

Chin up, sweetie.

Amy
    I love you!!!!!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: