Quantcast Your Favorite Trip to WDW

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Your Favorite Trip to WDW

After years of posting here, I've finally reached my 3000th post. I'm pretty excited - my wife, not so much

So I wanted a fun post. What was your favorite trip to WDW? What made it the best?

For me, it was my trip during the first week of Feb of 2004. It was my second trip after our summer honeymoon trip, but it was pre-kids. I had gleaned all sorts of info from here on Intercot, so we were going prepared. We hit really low crowds and perfect no-rain weather - a vast difference from the summer trip. We went from 80 minute waits for RnRC to hitting it 3 times in a row on our first morning there. Plus we got to see Tom Brady after the Super Bowl in the MK parade, and got to see Illuminations 3 times! We got to experience some great Disney dining for the first time. I could go on and on, but it was the perfect trip.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

DW said it is always the last one since you plan it based on experiences (mistakes ) from previous trips.

This year I would agree. No rushing between rides, but time spent exploring (AK especially), dining (Citricos, Jiko, Sanaa & Le Cellier to name a few). However the creme de la creme was the Wild Africa Trek. The first tour, though not cheap, we both said that we wanted to do it again. And how could I forget about meeting some Intercot friends.
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

Post Thanks / Like

It would definitely be our trip last December. We decided to make a road trip out of it, rather than fly and we just had such a great time. We ended up stopping in Charleston, SC and then St. Augustine, 2 places that we had never been before. This was our 25th anniversary celebration trip, so it was special anyway, but it just seemed that we encountered so many people who made it extra magical. There was even a cast member at the Christmas store in Downtown Disney that had a special ornament made for us because we were celebrating our 25th anniversary. A very special trip indeed!

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

I visited a few times as a kid in June or Aug and have been 3 times as an adult usually in June and go with my hubby and Mom. My husband and I don't have kids unless you count the dog. As of right now the best trip I have ever taken was last year during Thanksgiving Week. We stayed at POFQ. It was our first trip during the holiday season. Every trip has been magical but somehow with the parks and resorts decorated and experiencing Osbourne Lights and CP it was even more magical. Next year we are going in Dec 2013 so we will get to experience MVMCP and most of the new FL and are splurging by doing a split stay between WL and CR so my guess is my answer will change if the question is asked a few years from now.

Post Thanks / Like

Great topic! But such a hard question for me to answer. Each trip has been wonderful for it's own unique reasons. Overall, our trips just keep getting better and better, so each last trip has always felt like our best trip yet!

Post Thanks / Like

Our trip in 2005 when we stayed at CSR. We brought my mother along (we surprised her by giving her a card containing her plane ticket ). It was SUCH an amazing trip - our oldest daughter turned 10 while we were there, and it was our son's first trip too. It was also the first time I made my way to the France bakery for dessert and now it's a must EVERY trip. Very memorable! Smiling now ear-to-ear just thinking about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Loved every trip to WDW but I have to say my favorite was when we went in December 2011 for 10 days. Stayed at boardwalk villas.
    Everything was decorated and the lights were spectacular. I have never seen anything like that...I loved when they started the lights with the transiberian orchestra song, it was something I will never forget. Def got me in the Christmas spirit...and it's my least favorite holiday!
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

That's easy, it was my first trip. There is nothing like seeing the castle for the first time, going through the Haunted Mansion or hearing "We wants the redhead". It truly seemed "Magical".

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

First trip. The magic with the kids being little. It was the start of it all.

Post Thanks / Like

Great topic! Our first trip was so magical. Seeing things for the first time and so many "wow" moments! However looking back we didn't know what we were doing. We booked a package through a travel agent that cost us way too much and we were all over the place in the parks. Then I discovered Intercot...now I know soooo much more about saving and planning!
    Every trip has it's own special moments. I treasure those memories and I know my daughter will too.
    WDW is a special place!

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

St Pete Beach FL- Too close and too far away
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say 2011 MNSSHP...that's when I got the magic back!
    I hadn't been to WDW in about 12 years, since my nephew was just a lil dude...and I don't have great memories of that trip!
    I met a really cool dude and he said hey let's go to Disney. I thought Yeah-It's something different to do, but I wasn't expecting much.
    I can't tell you exactly what about that night brought the magic back for me, but it did...I got my self an annual pass the next week, and here it is a year later, and I just renewed my pass for another great year.
    I hope I always get that feeling when I come out the other side of those tunnels and smell the popcorn and see the castle...and hear the sound of the pins jingling on a pin bag

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Post Thanks / Like

Each trip has it's new experiences for us but I'd have to say our 2007 trip is my favorite because we took my Niece for her birthday. She was 12 so she wasn't old enough yet to think certain things were "corney". Seeing her face during different meals when CM's did something special along with her interactions with characters will always stay etched in my memories. I'm actually looking forward to hopefully taking her next year as a graduation gift.
    ºoº Joe ºoº
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

I would definitely say our most recent trip in September 2012. In fact, because it was so amazing, I did my first trip report about it in another section, detailing each day so I could re-live it.

There were so many reasons this trip was great: CMs were outstanding. Crowds were low and very, very polite. Our resort was beautiful. Our children were of the perfect age. (DD is 9 and can ride everything; DS is 2 and now recognizes his "pals" from the Disney Channel.) But most importanly, my DW was feeling healthy again and really enjoyed herself.

Last year, after giving birth to our son, she had an 18-month-long series of health issues. We went last October, hoping it would bring some happiness into an otherwise dismal year for her, but to be honest, she felt so poorly, the entire trip passed without her enjoying any of it. There was a "shell" of her present, but she couldn't have a nice time. This year, she felt SOO MUCH BETTER! She cried the moment we entered the Magic Kingdom, saying, "Last year, I felt so bad, I can hardly remember coming." She was looking forward to feeling better and enjoying herself at Walt Disney World and WDW did not disappoint.

Best Trip EVER!!!!!
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great question! I've been debating it since we've been back from our most recent trip in August, and I'm not sure if I can definitively answer it, but I will try. I've been to WDW exactly five times, and each one of them was special in its own way, so it is so difficult to decide!

Here's how I would rank my 5 trips, and why, but if you ask me again tomorrow, don't be surprised if I don't give a different answer, especially for the first three.

1. August 2010: We stayed 10 days at Port Orleans Riverside, with me, my wife, DD1 9yo, and DD2 6yo. While it was less days than this most recent trip, and not as well planned, it was our first trip as a family of four, which made it really special to me, and a trip I'll never forget.

2. April 1998: We stayed 9 days at the Wilderness Lodge with just me and my wife, and it was not only our first trip, but it was also our honeymoon. It was difficult not to rank this #1, because it was the first time we both experienced WDW, and neither of us could imagine such a place existed. The Wilderness Lodge is by far our favorite resort and we ate at so many nice places. I think, however, as delightful as it was to be alone with my wife on this trip, when I look back at it, I miss my kids. Strange, isn't it?

3. August 2012: We stayed 14 days at Pop Century, with me, wife, DD1 11yo, and DD2 8yo. I could easily rank this first for several reasons. It was our longest trip, it was well planned, and it was certainly our best trip for dining ever. It was truly magical!

4. October 1999: We stayed 8 days at Coronado Springs, with just me and my wife. It was a bounce-back trip because I wouldn't shut up about WDW after our first trip. October was an awesome time to go, because we got to enjoy Halloween and the Food & Wine Festival.

5. August 2003: We stayed 8 days at All Star Music, with me, my wife, my 2yo daughter, my sister, and 10yo nephew.(Apparently our second daughter was along for the ride, but I just didn't know it yet.) Easily the least favorite trip, though I certainly enjoyed it. Going with a 2yo, and extended family was trying at times. I liked ASMu, but it was also my least favorite of the five resorts and one of the shortest of the trips.

Well, that's it. Again, I could easily flip-flop any of the top three, though the last two are certainly set. Thanks for the question. It was very thought-provoking.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    4. October 1999: We stayed 8 days at Coronado Springs, with just me and my wife. It was a bounce-back trip because I wouldn't shut up about WDW after our first trip.
    Yeah, that's what made the second trip for us so great. It was the bounceback because I couldn't stop obcesing over every detail. That's what made it the best - it had the best return on investment.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

For me it was easily the visit in June 2001

Highlights from this trip included:
    - E-ride nights at MK (these were great)
    - Tapestry of Nations parade at Epcot
    - Wonders of Life
    - Main St still had some attractions
    - Diamond Horseshoe Saloon show
    - My only visit to Alien Encounter

This was the ultimate trip. Everything was still a new experience for our family. Cast members were amazing. WDW had not begun any cut backs and every detail was perfect.
    1984-first visit only one day 1996-WL 1998-CSR 2001-CSR 2003-POR & AKL 2004-AKL 2005-CBR 2006-CBR & BC 2007-Pop & CBR (solo) 2010-Pop (solo) 2011-Pop (solo) 2012-Pop 2013-Pop 2014-Pop (solo) 2015-Pop (solo) 2016-Pop (solo)

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2:
    July 2005: My mom's surprise 80th Birthday - she had no idea all of her kids(I am the youngest of 5) were going to be with her resort hopping in Disney so when we all popped out at the Contemporary Atrium Club she was beyond excited and the CM's were the best- after returning from MK they put balloons and a stuffed Minnie in her room with a card signed by Mickey and Minnie. It's in the living room framed to this day!

November 2009: DH and I surprised our 3 grand nieces with a trip to Disney. They thought they were going to Boston. We got as far as the gate before they found out. Stayed at BLT got an upgrade loved it so much, we ended up buying DVC on Thankskgiving Day!
    If you can dream it, you can do it ...Horizons
    **Been there, done that at Disney!!!**
    Next Trip:
    Post Mother's Day trip May 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Mine was may 2011
    i went with my mom and her (jerk and no longer) boyfriend. Although her dumb boyfriend was there it was still my favorite trip. He didnt stick around much. He spent a lot of time sleeping in the hotel so it was pretty mych just me and my mom.
    it is my favorite because I got to spend a lot of time with my mom, it was my first stay at wilderness lodge, we did everything really slowly, I ate at artist point for the first time, we were surprised with an upgrade to a suite, and we got to do everything we wanted to.
    i feel like that was a really great bonding experience for me and my mom. I felt like I was just spending time with my best friend at my favorite place. I remember every detail.
    First trip: 1999 AS Movies
    Stayed since at: AS Music, AS Sports, Contemporary, Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, Port Orleans FQ
    Next visit: October 15-22, 2016 [Port Orleans French Quarter]

"In dreams you will lose your heartache.."

Post Thanks / Like

We've had several.

April 2011: We took my aunt, who is a huge Disney person, back to the World for the first time in almost 25 years. We spent 2 full weeks there, first week with DH and DS, the second just the 2 of us. I got to do all the girls things, dinner at the Castle, pictures with princesses

December 2011: We spent 3 days before going on the Magic and because of what had happened the parks were empty. DS, almost 3, got quality time with all the characters no matter where we went. The rides, even Dumbo, were walk ons.

April 2013: Upcoming trip DS, now 14, is bringing a friend who has never been and most likely never would have gotten to go, on vacation with us. He is soo excited about being able to show him Disney and not having to hang with us. Not sure who's happier him or me.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

For me, my first visit to WDW in October of 1971 was pretty exciting. MK was brand new, just opened a few weeks and my family surprised me and my brother with a one-day visit to MK while we were on a week long camping trip. Now I look back and think only one day? But back then, we didn't know any different and were thrilled to get to go at all. I will never forget it.

But even that excitement doesn't top the first trip my wife and I took our boys for a 7-day vacation at WDW in 2002 when they were 9 and 6 years old. They joy we took from their excitement and happiness and the family memories we made on that trip made it a truly magical vacation. Every trip since has been special, too, but that first trip together with my own children was the best.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Share This Thread On Social Media: