Quantcast Hurricane Sandy - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hurricane Sandy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Which is really frustrating. That's emotional manipulation to get ratings. There is a possibility of a storm and mid-Atlantic and New England coasts will probably get some rain, maybe some snow, and a little wind. Nothing major. Nothing you would even think about had Sandy not happened. It would be a non-issue normally. The evening models still have the worst impact off shore. So, yeah, there will probably be a storm next week but it's NOTHING like Sandy. It'll hamper some of the repair crews for 24 hours, but that should be about it. At least that's what it looks like right now. Should it come closer to shore, the impact will be a little greater, but still nothing out of the ordinary.
    Thank you. I agree. This is why people are hesitant to heed evacuation warnings. Hype the storms that need it- like Sandy, but please don't hype a coating of snow!!!! People have been through enough, they don't need to be stressed out for no reason.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Thank you. I agree. This is why people are hesitant to heed evacuation warnings. Hype the storms that need it- like Sandy, but please don't hype a coating of snow!!!! People have been through enough, they don't need to be stressed out for no reason.
    Agreed with you and stormchaser! The saying "crying wolf" comes to mind. I cannot even tell you how many people I know didn't prepare for the storm that Sandy brought. Everyone had the same attitude most Rhode Islanders have...."it will be nothing like usual". Most were shockingly surprised when they weren't prepared. And that is mostly because so many times our meteorologists and news stations hype things up so much and then nothing happens that they lose their credibility. I don't know about anywhere else, but everyone jokes that we could throw a dart on a board and have a better forecast than our meteorologists do.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Now that we're a little closer to the system it's easier to tell what might happen this week. The models are now in good agreement. The good news is this week's system will be NOTHING like Sandy. The bad news is with weakened infrastructure, beach erosion, etc from Sandy this week's storm will be a bit of a headache. There will be some wind, maybe a little snow, and a lot of rain for a few hours. Again, nothing horrible, and if not for Sandy nothing you would be really talking about. But, with as much coastal erosion as took place during Sandy, some tidal flooding will be possible this week. If you know anyone who lives right on the coast, I would get them out before the system hits just to be on the safe side. Stay safe!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

We are from Northern NJ and we are all okay here. We got power back this morning, we lost it Monday afternoon. Thank God that is all we lost. The devastation to our poor state is tragic. People looking for gas, if you can make it to PA or NY, there are no lines there. We were there yesterday. Today, I was able to get gas in no line at all on the border of Jersey. Be safe all.
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Now that we're a little closer to the system it's easier to tell what might happen this week. The models are now in good agreement. The good news is this week's system will be NOTHING like Sandy. The bad news is with weakened infrastructure, beach erosion, etc from Sandy this week's storm will be a bit of a headache. There will be some wind, maybe a little snow, and a lot of rain for a few hours. Again, nothing horrible, and if not for Sandy nothing you would be really talking about. But, with as much coastal erosion as took place during Sandy, some tidal flooding will be possible this week. If you know anyone who lives right on the coast, I would get them out before the system hits just to be on the safe side. Stay safe!
    Thanks for the update Chris.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanymouse View Post
    We are from Northern NJ and we are all okay here. We got power back this morning, we lost it Monday afternoon. Thank God that is all we lost. The devastation to our poor state is tragic. People looking for gas, if you can make it to PA or NY, there are no lines there. We were there yesterday. Today, I was able to get gas in no line at all on the border of Jersey. Be safe all.
    Thanks for checking in. I'm glad you're well. I drove my daughter back to Drew U in NJ today (her classes resume tomorrow after a week off due to storm damage in Madison). The last few rest stops in CT before the Tappan Zee had long gas lines and people taking a long time to fill multiple tanks.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Thanks for checking in. I'm glad you're well. I drove my daughter back to Drew U in NJ today (her classes resume tomorrow after a week off due to storm damage in Madison). The last few rest stops in CT before the Tappan Zee had long gas lines and people taking a long time to fill multiple tanks.
    I was wondering about your daughter. Its good she's back and Drew is up and running. The schools in the area were supposed to open today but still have no power. If she needs anything, please let me know, she's less than 10 minutes from me and with winter track upon us I'm usually at Drew 2 or 3 times a week.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    I was wondering about your daughter. Its good she's back and Drew is up and running. The schools in the area were supposed to open today but still have no power. If she needs anything, please let me know, she's less than 10 minutes from me and with winter track upon us I'm usually at Drew 2 or 3 times a week.
    Lynn, thanks again for your offer, very appreciated. INTERCOT really is like a family.

Drew lost a lot of trees, but seems to have cleared up any creating dangerous conditions. One of the dorms (not my daughter's) suffered some damage, and those students had to be relocated, but not a big deal all things considered. They have power back, and she's excited to vote tomorrow. She's registered in Madison.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

My family finally just started resetteling ourselves after the hurricane. We lost power for 5 days and the house was the same temperature inside and it was outside-scary!

We got our power back for 3 days and lost it again yesterday during the snow storm. We got it back in the afternoon only for it go off again at night. At 3 am this morning it was turned on again and are crossing our fingers and toes that it doesn't go away again.

My poor boyfriends family also lost their power for 4 days and then lost it again yesterday afternoon and have been freezing their butts off at home and we are the lucky ones. I have friends who lost their entire homes and jobs from the storm. This really is a tragedy.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

We're praying for everyone who has been hit by Sandy and then the Nor'easter. I know what we're seeing on tv does not truly show the devastation and hardships people are going through. It's truly unimaginable. Let's pray that's the last of it and everyone on the east coast is safe.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: