Quantcast Hurricane Sandy - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Sandy

Post Thanks / Like

Stay safe everyone - we're all thinking of you and hoping it isn't as bad as being predicted.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It has been pretty quiet so far. Woke up to wind, and the rain didn't start until about 8am. We are located in Central NJ near the Raritan Bay/River that is connected to the Atlantic Ocean at Sandy Hook. The Weather Channel is predicting we might get the eye (?) in our location; they said it will pick up near evening time.

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

I'm keeping everyone in Sandy's path in my prayers and sending lots of to the northeast! I hope everyone stays safe and that the storm is not as bad as predicted! Take care of yourselves!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Getting ready to go to work in tropical storm winds and 7 inches of rain! I'd rather be stranded in disney world.

Post Thanks / Like

To everyone in the path, stay safe!!!! These storms are nothing to mess with...Please listen when they say to stay home and stay inside. Make sure you have all your supplies and bunker down... your all in our prayers down here in Miami. We know exactly what’s coming and what comes after words..Don't take the warnings lightly, be prepaired..
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Here in MD near Baltimore my office was on liberal leave but I went in as it was just a little rain and no wind. They let us go at 12:30 pm. The wind and rain have picked up a lot but I am not sure the exact mph. The lights have flickered every now and then but we still have power at this time. Thanks for everyone's concern!

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Just wanted to report that I am ok. So far we have not lost power and work is closed today.
    My prayers and thoughts are with everyone that is being hit by this storm.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope everyone is ok!! We're feeling the effects here in Michigan. Rain and sleet this morning with 30+ mph winds. Nothing compared to what the east coast has had to deal with of course.

Post Thanks / Like

Waiting to hear from family this morning, but they were all fine when I checked in late last night. Lots of wind, lost cable-phone-internet, but still had power. I got on an earlier flight out of MCO tomorrow, if it's not canceled, so should be home by tomorrow evening.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

All okay here today too. That was a rough night :/
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Plex and I are ok. Quite thankful we moved away from the shore this summer... schools are still closed and there are almost a half million power outages in the state. Hope the other intercotees in Sandy's path are alright.
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Other than taking an hour to get to work this morning, due to flooded roads, we weathered the storm pretty well. What was left of the leaves on the trees are now in my yard, but that is minor (and will get the work done much more quickly now!! LOL) A few smaller branches and twigs down as well, but nothing on the house, in the pool, or creating more than a minor nuisance to take care of as time permits.

Isabel in 2003 was worse than Sandy for us.

Good luck and happy thoughts to those who were not as lucky!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I posted earlier about my folks in NJ. They live on the barrier island, 50ish miles north of Atlantic City. The barrier island communities have been destroyed. My parents were very lucky to weather the storm with water in their first floor and no other major damage.

Every car on the island is totaled. Boats have been moved to the middle of roads. The seaside pier with its roller coaster collapsed into the ocean. Whole homes lifted off foundations and floated down roads and into the bays. The sand pile up is astronomical in areas and the water accumulation is still 3-4 feet in most areas.

Its horribly sad and surreal. My heart is breaking for my hometown.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Question

What town was that, Dulcee? I've got family in that general area.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Dulcee, so sorry to hear that. They are all in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad others who have reported have been okay.
    Rhonda

Trips to WDW: Priceless

Impossible is not a word.

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers for all of you in Sandy's path. I hope everyone is safe and thoses traveling return home safely.

Post Thanks / Like

Just thought I'd check in, we're standing - powerless but safe. I had lost touch wish DS who is away at school in Pleasantville NY and to make it worse the dean sent an email sayingg they couldn't get in touch with them and since the bridges were closed no one could get up there. I heard from him yesterday, storm or no storm they were at GameStop for a new xbox game release. Kids!

I live in a wooded area and trees fell all around but thankfully no cars or houses were damaged. Closer in town about 15 homes weren't quite as lucky. They had lowered the reservoirs prior to the storm so no flooding this time. Schools are still closed as are the stores and gas stations around me.

The Jersey shore is devasted, quite a few of my friends have lost everything. I cannot get hold of my cousin that lives there. They're recently moved to a high rise condo on the beach in a building touted as hurricane proof, I hope so.

DH went to check on his office today near Woodbridge. They're waiting for power but no flooding.

Everyone affected, please stay safe. My prayers are with you all.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter goes to school in Madison NJ, but she came home before the storm. Good thing, she would have been evacuated to who knows where. Her school has lots of trees down and will be closed until Sunday at least, but no lasting major damage, I think. My best friend's mom has a house in Sea Bright, though. She stayed in East Windsor through the storm, with my friend, but I'm worried what she will find when she goes home. So sorry for everyone with damages.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I am at a loss for words with the images coming out of all the areas affected. Between the fires and the floods, it looks like a war zone. Like many I've grown up going to the Jersey Shore, many of my friends have houses there, some year round residents. It's all so crazy.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Has this person been heard from again?

Quote Originally Posted by ckaranassos View Post
    We are here at the Jersey Shore. (Manasquan to be exact) We are ready as we can be! Winds picking up and water level rising fast. Best of luck to everyone in Sandy's path. Be safe.
    ***I know that Manasquan has been hit very hard...wonder if this person is ok***

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: