Quantcast Does Candlelight Processional sell out?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does Candlelight Processional sell out?

We'll be at MK on Wed - Dec 5th & wondering if it's worth our effort to hop to Epcot to see the Processional if we don't reserve a dining pkg ahead of time? We'll be at Micky Christmas party the night before & don't know if we'll have energy to do 2 parks.... Will there by space available on a weekday if we don't pay for the dining?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's very popular, and the line for those that paid can get long, the line for walk ups is even longer. They do allow walk ups, but there's no guarantee as its first come first served.

Personally, I wouldn't jump from another park in hopes of getting in. If you want to see it on a schedule, get the package.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bevyoakum View Post
    We'll be at MK on Wed - Dec 5th & wondering if it's worth our effort to hop to Epcot to see the Processional...

Will there by space available on a weekday if we don't pay for the dining?
    The CP crowd-level can depend heavily on just who the celebrity narrator is that evening.

We don't know who that narrator will be on Dec. 5-7 at this time. That has not been announced.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MickeysBestPal View Post
    We don't know who that narrator will be on Dec. 5-7 at this time. That has not been announced.
    It's not Blair Underwood? He's listed on the Disney site: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/par...-processional/
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

According to the crowd calendar I looked at, Epcot is a good park to be in on the 5th. And I'm not sure about you guys, but I had never heard of Blair Underwood before he was announced last month. You have three different shows to try to get into. If the first show is filled, wait for the next. If that gets filled, then see the third. Plus, isn't the show in the theater across from American Adventure? When we went back in 2010 to see Starship, the seats were full, so we just stood at the top and watched along with a ton of other people. That could be a last resort if all else fails couldn't it?
    Natalie

WDW ~ 1987
    WDW ~ Jan 1997
    DL ~ Jan 2004
    WDW ~ Dec 2007
    WDW POR ~Oct 2010
    WDW POR ~ Dec 2012
    WDW Offsite ~ Mar 2016
    WDW POR ~ Aug 2016
    DL ~ Jun 2018
    WDW ASMovies ~ Mar 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Be prepared to be in LINE by 3:30 if you don't have the package...and still may not get in the first show...you have to remain in line for the second, third show. Yes you can hear from the street and or American restaurant chairs across the street. We have done that, but not very satisfying. We have the package and are going to see Whoopie Goldberg on the 30th!
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there that day at the first show! I'd say get in line about an hour before the first show. That will just about guarantee you a seat in the first show. If for some reason you can't get in, you'll be forced to wait until the second. Not a fun option, but at least you'll get in to see it. If you stand in line for the second show, you'll be in line with all the people who tried and failed to get into the first show.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    It's not Blair Underwood?
    Yup.

Blair Underwood has been announced to narrate on those dates.

Post Thanks / Like

When we were there in december, the line was so long and some of the people who paid for the dining/candlelight dinner package didn't get a seat. We stood along the perimeter and had a pretty good view. Got tired of standing though!

By the way, to intercot!!!!!
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone that has a dinner package is guaranteed a seat for the shows... Thats why they paid extra for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSad View Post
    Everyone that has a dinner package is guaranteed a seat for the shows... Thats why they paid extra for it.
    EXCEPT...
    If those Dining Pkg. guests don't show up early enough
    before show-time to be allowed into the theater with the rest of the DP guests that performance... before the CM's finally open the venue to walk-up guests.

DP guests can't show up just a few minutes before show-time of a sell-out performance and expect to be seated.

Same thing with the Dining Pkg. at Fantasmic!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey310 View Post
    When we were there in december, the line was so long and some of the people who paid for the dining/candlelight dinner package didn't get a seat. We stood along the perimeter and had a pretty good view. Got tired of standing though!

By the way, to intercot!!!!!
    Must have been the NPH readings - I got stuck in that horrific package line - it was insane. I wrote a letter and when I talked to guest relations, they admitted that they just didn't realize that Mr. Harris had such a cult following.

For all the trouble, I have to admit that NPH was the absolute best narrator I have seen at the event.
    DL/DCA 40+ days a year 1999-2004
    10 D. CBR 6/02
    11 D. AKL 7/05
    6 D. CBR 12/05
    11 D. BWR 7/06
    11 D. POFQ (never again) 7/07
    7 D. CBR 11/07
    12 D. AKL/CR 7/08
    11 D. AKL 12/09
    12 D. BWI 6/10
    10 D. AKL 11/10
    10 D. POR (never again) 6/11
    10 D. AKL 12/11
    10 D. CBR 6/12
    Next 11D BWI 11/12

Post Thanks / Like

I know that the Candlelight Processional is a special event, but NOTHING in this world would get me to stand in line for hours on end. To me, it's just not worth it, because there are so many other things that you could be doing. I can't justify paying all that money for park tickets and then spending 2-3 hours in a line. Plus, all that standing would make my legs hurt.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to the CP last year on a similar early December weekday (it was a Thursday), and was pleasantly surprised to get into the first show with only a short wait. Actually, I think folks were continued to be admitted until just about showtime. I think the crowd can vary greatly based on the day, narrator, and the big unknown of how many lunch or dinner packages were sold for that performance.

Post Thanks / Like

I know it will be awesome on the 25th of November because my stepdaughter will be singing in it with her high school choir!
    Mary
    College Program Spring 1993
    Casual Temp Castmember 1993-2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter May 2005
    Port Orleans Riverside September 2008, 2010, 2012, 2016
    Yacht & Beach Club September 2006
    Caribbean Beach September 2014
    Wilderness Lodge September 2007, 2011
    All Star Movies June 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4 View Post

For all the trouble, I have to admit that NPH was the absolute best narrator I have seen at the event.
    Oh, wow! I've heard Jeremy Irons is the end-all-beat-all. Unfortunately, he's not scheduled this year! BUT I would absolutely love to see Neil Patrick Harris. I could believe that he's incredible.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDawgette View Post
    Oh, wow! I've heard Jeremy Irons is the end-all-beat-all. Unfortunately, he's not scheduled this year! BUT I would absolutely love to see Neil Patrick Harris. I could believe that he's incredible.
    We have the CP dinner package on the night NHP is narrator. We've seen John O'Hurley twice and Angela Basset once. Jeremy Irons I would believe would be great. The one person who I'd love to hear narrate would be David Ogden Stiers. Don't know if he still does it or not, but the hear Cogsworth/Major Winchestor narrate would be great.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: