Quantcast 1900 Park Fare

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: 1900 Park Fare

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1900 Park Fare

I just wanted to say I am very disappointed in 1900 Park Fare. DH & I dined there for breakfast back in '08 and thought it was okay. Nothing striking on the menu and the character interaction was blah for just 2 "kids at heart". So when DH suggested ressies for our trip last week with our twin DDs at dinner, I said I'll try it, hoping for better. Still no good. We felt rushed by the server, rushed by the characters. We were not happy with the food selection - we felt the meats were salty and the fish was iffy at best. The girls didn't mind the food but we had one picky that evening and the server was accommodating - after more than 20 minutes and begging somewhat on my part. The plus was the photopass cast member was very helpful. Needless to say we sank $75 down the drain and will never return.

Has anyone else felt the same? Any other meals I should second guess before our next trip in February - my 30th trip, DH 40th bday & twin DD's 3rd bday.

#35 - SSR 05/16
    34 trips
    2015 SSR
    2014 GFV & CBR/ToT 10mi!
    2013 DWL & POFQ
    2012 Bdwlk & SSR
    2010, 2011 OKW
    2009 BLT & SSR
    2008 SSR & AKV
    2007 SSR 2x
    2006 SSR 2x
    '05 DVC!SSR/DCL
    '03,'04, '07 POP
    '98, '99 ASMo
    '95, '96 2x, '97, '98 ASMu
    '89-'94 Off

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry you had a bad experience!

1900 Park Fare has been one of our favourites, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come ... we have an ADR there next week.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We had dinner at Park Fare back in 2007 and it was the worst meal we've ever had in WDW, maybe worst meal I've had anywhere. The food was down right disgusting. We had a group of 15, and only one person thought the meal was "ok", everyone else was severely disappointed. Character interaction was great, but the food.......
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We went there in 2010. It was one of the worst dining experiences we've ever had, in or out of WDW. We were rushed by the waitress, brought the wrong drinks and never brought the correct ones, the food was dry and tasteless. Then, after paying, the waitress came back and asked for more of a tip than I had left! I was appalled. I'll never eat there again.

Fortunately, it was the only blemish on an otherwise wonderful trip.

Post Thanks / Like

We had breakfast in 2011, wonderful experience and the food was great!
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Had breakfast in 2011 and thought it was great.

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. This is one of those moments where I really surprised. I've been there twice for breakfast and dinner, and love each visit. Thought the characters were great and the food was good (not great). Sorry to hear that.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Grand Floridian Cafe so much that I've never actually tried 1900 Park Fare. Though, I have seen some glowing reviews, and some not so good. Our worst dining experience was at Coral Reef, but it was a long time ago now. I'm also not a fan of Kona Cafe, but other people love it. So it goes. I'm sorry you had a bad experience.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

FYI - there's a new chef @ 1900 Park Fare, as of last year. He previously worked at Boma and more recently at 'Ohana. Of course, he does have days off. But if you last ate there in '07, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Sorry that the OP had a bad experience.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

It makes me sad to hear that. 1900 PF is definitely one of our top 5! We love the variety...I can get California rolls and salmon, DH can have chicken and peel and eat shrimp, DD1 can get beef with the horseradish sauce she loves, and DD2 can get mac'n'cheese or whatever. The food has always been incredible. We've always had great character visits too. I just wish we'd see the mice again. We haven't seen them there since our first visit when DD2 was a year old and they scared the heck out of her. In the past year, we've eaten at 1900 PF 3 times and haven't had a single complaint.

Maria
    1980?–DL,1988 – DL,Nov. 2002(off-site),Oct.'04 WL, Oct.'07 WL,Feb. '09 Poly, Feb.'10 Poly,Dec. 2010 Contemp., April '11 DL. Sept.'11-Poly, Dec.'11-Yacht Club , June '12- POFQ,Aug. 2012-Disneyland ,Oct. 2012 I-15 BC NEXT UP: April 2013- The Disney Fantasy Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Suprised as well. We have eaten there for breakfast and dinner and no bad experiences. Nothing memorable or a "top 5" nominee type place but no issues. Too bad.
    March 99 - POFQ
    Feb 04 - WL
    Feb 05 - POLY
    Nov 05 - CB
    Oct 06 - POLY
    Nov 07 - POLY/BC
    Nov 08 - BC
    Mar 10 - WL
    Nov 10 - POR-Riverside
    Apr 12 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 13 - POR
    Jan 14 - WL
    Nov 14 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 16 - POLY
    Aug 17 - POLY
    Aug 18 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Its interesting to me that the character interactions weren't that great for you. when I went there I had the best character interaction I have ever had. The prince talked to us for nearly 20 minutes and it looked like the people next to use were getting impatient but we just had so much to talk about! he really took his time. And we teased the step sisters the whole meal. I will always remember that dinner.
    I hope you decide to give it another shot. Sometimes its just hit or miss with these kinds of things.
    First trip: 1999 AS Movies
    Stayed since at: AS Music, AS Sports, Contemporary, Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, Port Orleans FQ
    Next visit: October 15-22, 2016 [Port Orleans French Quarter]

"In dreams you will lose your heartache.."

Post Thanks / Like

We ate there last November. I wasn't really impressed by the food. It wasn't bad but wasn't great either and I really didn't think there was a good variety.

However the character interaction was top notch. Lady Tremaine and the step sisters were a riot. My daughter got to dance with the Prince and Cinderella. She was in heaven. It does sound like an off night for the characters. I think sometimes too it matters where you are seated. Some tables there are more in the middle of the action.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I had been thinking of breakfast there in January - which characters are there???

thanks
    CMCTxMom

Next trips - Disney Cruise December 2013; WDW April 2014 offsite

Previous trips:
    BC Club level June 2013
    BCVillas Jan. 2013
    DLR - 2010, 2011
    Offsite-2007
    CSR-2006
    Offsite DLR, CA-2003
    Disneyland Paris - 2001
    Beach Club - 2000
    Multiple trips in the '80s and '90s

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CMCTxMom View Post
    I had been thinking of breakfast there in January - which characters are there???

thanks
    I did breakfast there a couple of years ago. We had fun. The characters were Tigger, Pooh, Mad Hatter, Alice and Mary Poppins. I believe they are still there, but someone who has been more recently might be able to confirm.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

We have gone to 1900 Park Fare , the past 3 trips and have had a very good experience for each one.
    The food has been very good, and the character experience has been awesome, I am sorry to hear you had a bad time.

We had some great interactions with the step sisters, they always seem to have fun.
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: