Quantcast Fantasyland soft opening - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    I'm in the car headed that way!

I'll report ASAP
    Yay!!! I was hoping to read that! Have fun Christine!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

At TTC- about to burst!!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    That doesn't mean there won't be more soft openings for part of those days. These sort of test-and-adjust openings are fickle and random. Anything's possible. They could fit some guest time around the cast time.
    Jared - Absolutely true. Anythings possible. I guess my point was that since the CM previews pretty much block out the whole day, no one should get their hopes up during that timeframe.

I've hit a few soft openings in my time, and I've always concidered them a blessing.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by melanie View Post
    hopefully it will be open the week leading up to icot15.
    t
    h
    i
    s
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed a few thumbnails on "another " website. But I can't bring myself to look at them. I really want to have that genuine surprise when I get there. It's almost seeing your wife on you wedding day.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Checking out the pics as they come up on twitter. It looks great! Really hope it's open to the public some time next week. Not even asking to go on rides, I just want to be able to walk around and look.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    Checking out the pics as they come up on twitter. It looks great! Really hope it's open to the public some time next week. Not even asking to go on rides, I just want to be able to walk around and look.
    Agreed! It really, really does remind me of DisneySea. I'm hoping I'll have the same dropped jaw I did the first time I entered that park.

Less than two weeks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post

Less than two days!
    fyp
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    fyp
    HA!

Post Thanks / Like

We will be arriving next Thursday, I hope that we get a "sneak peek" while we're there!

Post Thanks / Like

It's mind blowing!
    I'll report tonight- about to have to leave for 'Ohana dinner! And it's a MNSSHP night so it'll close anyway
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Hope it stays open. We are going Oct 3o th for 7 days and wqas so upset when we saw we were going to miss by a few days. this would make my girl so happy. Oh pleeeease stay open.

Post Thanks / Like

Open again this morning!

Post Thanks / Like

Spoke with a former co-worker that transferred to Mermaid, she said that "soft openings" should continue at random times throughout the week. ending on the 19th. On the 20th, CM preview days will begin thru Nov. 2 and some guests may be brought in at various times throughout the day depending on the amount of CM's and their guests that have reserved times and whether attraction "adjustments" have to be made.

Based on what she told me, they probably will bring in guests at various times but on a somewhat random basis and for a predetermined amount of time only (CM's only get 2 hours for the tour). Got my tour reserved for Nov. 2.

I'll be down on the 22nd and will try to post up as to what is going on unless someone does that first. Be aware that Disney can and does change operations "on a dime" depending on attraction situations, so you might get to go in and might not.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I get there on the 26th ... Pleeeeease be open!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I get there on the 26th ... Pleeeeease be open!
    It's a CM preview day so it will be "open" whether to guest's or not, anyone's guess right now.

Just my personal opinion, there are one hour gaps between the CM reservation times. Whether that will allow guests in, who knows and how they actually handle the "in and out" at the attractions of the CM's attending the preview will determine whether guests will be coming in or not. My guess, guests will be coming in throughout the day but that is just my opinion.

Might get some ideas tomorrow morning when the scheduling comes out for the week beginning the 21st after seeing what some of us get (times & locations) for schedules.

Post Thanks / Like

Cast Member previews start on Oct. 20 and will happen just about every day until early November. Originally, guests weren't going to be admitted into New Fantasyland during that time, but there is at least some reason to believe that plan has changed. The soft opening was supposed to last from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. Yesterday, the land stayed operational until midnight. Could this mean that at night, after cast previews end, the land will stay open for guests? Will they let guests in with cast? It's certainly possible.

Also, there are no scheduled previews on Saturday, Oct. 27. I know the ICOT15 schedule doesn't call for the Magic Kingdom that day, but it may be worth reconsidering if Fantasyland will actually be open that day.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fantasyland Soft Openings ....Questions

Been a while since I've been on here. I just booked a trip for the days prior to Thanksgiving 11/19-23 and we are staying off property for the first time...I am reading that some of the construction in Fantasyland might be getting wrapped up and soft openings are happening. We were there last week of October last year and I said I would wait until they were done the Construction and Changes in Fantasyland but I might make a special trip to MK just to see whats changed.
    INFO PLEASE:
    Anyone there or have you seen anything open new like Dumbo, Ariels Grotto or Beasts Castle yet?? My girls will be sooo excited. There are 9 and 6 and I don't know how much longer they will be into anything Disney, why they want to grow up so fast these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Folks - Is the "official" soft opening scheduled for 11/19 and then the grand opening for 12/6?

Might try to pull together a last minute fall trip around Thanksgiving but not if the New Fantasyland will not have a chance of being open. I understand how soft openings work (was able to preview Tink and the Fairies early - magical!) with the maybe open one day for an hour, the next for three, the next not at all - but would need to know that there is at least a chance to see/use this area of the park before booking.

Also, are there any events (CM previews etc) that would halt any soft opening days? We are in Boston so not a quick trip and want to make it worth it. Haven't had a fall trip in about 3 years - always do FlowerFest now - and anxious to get back. Thanks!
    Or do you still wait for me dream giver? Just around the river bend....

Poly 2x a year from Oct 95' - Apr. 04', N/05', M/10.
    Boardwalk: J/05', M/05', O/06', A/07', O/07, M/08, 1O/08, 5/11
    Y&B: N/09'
    Special events: Poly/Oct 94'/Honeymoon; Poly/Jan 00'/Millenium; Poly/Nov 05'/Vow Renewal.

Post Thanks / Like

Cast previews begin next week. I'm hearing more and more than there will be slots open to guests even on those days, but nothing's certain.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: