Quantcast WORST recent experience? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Ohanas. It was awful. I felt like we were rushed in and rushed out. The food was thrown at us. I actually had a fork dropped on my head. They cm was rushing so much to clean tables that a fork flew off the tray and onto my head. YUCK. I know accidents happen but I felt if they werent rushing around to move the guests in and out it wouldnt have happened. It was way too much money for the rotten way we were treated.
    Moe
    1991 CBR, Honeymoon
    2004 POFQ
    2005 BC & Poly
    2006 Yacht Club
    2007 Yacht Club

2009 Boardwalk Inn
    2010 Boardwalk Inn
    2011 Boardwalk Inn

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

....Chefs de France...usually one of our "go to" favorites, was a large disappointment for us this past trip in August.

.....I ordered the half roasted chicken, rissole potatoes and Broccoli ...and the chicken was dry and overcooked. It left me longing for Boston Market chicken...that's how bad it was.

......my wife and oldest daughter got the grilled tenderloin of beef with black peppercorn sauce...and it was SO salty that they really didn't finish it. That's a dish that I've had there many prior times...and enjoyed greatly...but I had to agree that it was just about inedible.

....topping it off was a waiter that was pretty much invisible (inattentive) our whole meal...and when he was there he was stone-faced and rude.

....the desserts were..of course...decadent and wonderful ...but hardly made up for the let down surrounding the rest of the dinner.

....sometimes a place is SO busy that service staff are stretched to the limit. However, we had an early dinner reservation, the place was just about empty, and there was no reason that I could see for the terrible service.

...it's one of the more pricey restaurants ...and I guess that I expect more in the way of service (which is what we experienced all our prior times there)
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say, whatever the restaurant, McDonalds, San Angel Inn, California Grill, or Victoria and Alberts, if the food or drink is not right, send it back, and do not take no for an answer. You are paying, either they take it back, or don't pay, period.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Prime Time

We had a bad experience at prime Time last year.
    First we got a bad waiter, who could care less about being fun, then we had a table of teenagers ( their parents were in another section of the restaurant) throwing food and being loud. I ended up getting into a confrontation with one of them before they finally calmed down. The CMS did nothing to quiet them.

The food was so-so, combined with a bad waiter and the poorly mannered kids, it was a bad experience.
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

We just had one ... Liberty Tree Tavern last night. The server just didn't want to be there, we had a really long wait to be greeted at the table, and then another really long wait for drinks. She wasn't friendly at all and actually brought the wrong food refills twice, and sighed at us when we re-ordered food (which we had already asked for).

I think the kicker is when she asked how much tip we'd be leaving. Sigh ... we'd had excellent service the night before at Garden Grill, so it realy stood out.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    I think the kicker is when she asked how much tip we'd be leaving.
    Wow! I can't believe the nerve of this server. I would have told her, "Not a single dime!" I'd say management definately needs to hear about that one.
    Natalie

WDW ~ 1987
    WDW ~ Jan 1997
    DL ~ Jan 2004
    WDW ~ Dec 2007
    WDW POR ~Oct 2010
    WDW POR ~ Dec 2012
    WDW Offsite ~ Mar 2016
    WDW POR ~ Aug 2016
    DL ~ Jun 2018
    WDW ASMovies ~ Mar 2019

Post Thanks / Like

1900 Park Fare for breakfast. Horrible service. Standard breakfast offerings. Characters were rushed and we even missed Alice and Mary Poppins after repeatedly telling our waitress about wanting to see her. No refills. Waited for our bill for 20 minutes.
    POP 05, 06, 07, 09
    All Star Sports 08
    AKKV 10
    CBR 9/14 -25, 2011
    POR 9/9/2012 - 9/20/2012
    8/31/2013 thru 9/1/2013 All Star Sports
    9/2/2013 thru 9/13/2013 Caribbean Beach Preferred Room

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone who has worked in food service will tell you that it's a stressful, thankless job with low pay and "interesting" customers.

That said, I wonder if the Dining Plan has exacerbated the usual food service problems one can encounter.

I remember meals pre-Dining Plan, and could honestly say we did not have nearly as many "issues" with food and/or service that we do now.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

50's Prime Time. The server had no sense of humor nor did she play the part of my "aunt Sally". The food arrived, after what felt like an hour, cold. All that and it cost us almost $100. Never again.

Post Thanks / Like

DBF and I LOVE Prime Time. We never make rerservations, but we're perfectly happy sitting at the bar.

We show up around 4:00 for a late lunch/early dinner and the hostess stops us at the door saying that the resturant is closed. I said "Closed as in you have no reservations open or the doors are shut?" She said "Probably closed for the day. You don't want to know."

She went on to tell us that Hollywood and the Vine is also closed and that all other TS resturants we're trying to accomodate all of their reservations as well as their own reservations. There was close to no chance getting in. DBF and I heard rumors that it was a pluming issue.

I tried to keep it upbeat and optimistic but we were starving and probably in the worst park for CS options.

I forgot the name of the place where we ended up, but it was gross. I ordered a taco salad which came with wilting lettuce, very little corn and black beans, stale tortilla crisps and disgusting dressing. DBF's burger was greasy and undercooked. The fries were cold. DBF said we were better off eating at a McDonalds. I can't believe we paid $20+ for our awful meal.

We ended up going back to our room early and laying in bed with tummy aches.

It was the biggest let down in Disney that we've ever had and easily the worst meal.

Post Thanks / Like

WCC in October. Bad service without refills on drinks. Food just ok. Who had the idea of jalapeno cheesecake?
    Amanda, Mom of 4

ASMo Mar 2005
    Pop Sep 2006, Jan 2014, Jan 2016
    SSR Dec 2006
    Disney Magic Jan 2008, Mar 2009, Apr 2011
    OKW Jan 2009, June 2012, December 2017
    POFQ Jan 2012
    VWL Oct 2012
    AKV Jan 2013, June 2013, Aug 2015
    AOA July 2014
    All Star Sports Jan 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet, but we had a not so nice experience at Hollywood & Vine in October. This always used to be my FAVORITE meal in WDW- don't ask me why... I'm honestly not sure... but when they had zucchini bread on the dessert line, I would beg to go back just to eat it.

The food was... okay. Quality has definitely gone down since I have been last. The sweet corn spoon bread was still great, though!

My main qualm was with the service. She was lacking any sort of personality, she had a terrible attitude, and I honestly couldn't tell you what she looked like. That's a reflection of how many times we actually saw her during the meal.

Sad day. Another example of a former favorite gone rogue.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

On Friday, 11/2 we used the Disney Experience app and I booked Liberty Tree Tavern for 2:20 pm and it was 12:50. We checked in at 2:12 and waited and waited and waited.....the place was nuts when we walked in but my husband stood inside to hear our name. We continued to wait and wait (when we could all sit down I side we did so, at approx 2:30). I waited until 2:40 and asked how much longer the wait would be and the woman said very curtly, "we called your name like four times a half hour ago". When I pointed out we were sitting inside the ENTIRE time she just looked confused and stood there. She blamed us and when my husband said, "lets go" she then said she could seat us immediately. There was no one else in the waiting area--NO ONE! We waited for our server who seemed to be bothered by us and threw silverware on the table in a pile and asked what we wanted to drink --got our orders wrong and again we were blamed! I ordered colony salad which was wet and soggy, kids ordered Mac n cheese and a cheeseburger, husband ordered lamb stew. What came was not was my older son ordered....instead he got the vegetarian burger, not the real thing, but as keeping with the theme of our experience it was his fault, not the servers. We will ßnot recommend this place EVER, not will we return. We found that service all over property has gone down since last year, in fact it seems to slip a little more each year. Hands down though, this was the worst meal experience EVER at WDW. Conversely, the best meal of the trip was had at Mara at AKL. I had nut crusted salmon-- the portion was HUGE and it was quite tasty!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

After just getting back, I would add Coral Reef. We usually love this, but I think that this time, it was just enough little things that were wrong that made us leave there feeling "meh". The food was good (but not great). However, there were ten of us, some small kids who were probably tired, we sat as far from the aquarium as possible, etc, etc. Our server was not rude, but just somewhat unattentive. I don't remember a single drink refill, and I also don't remember seeing her between the time she took our order, and when the desserts were ordered.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

These didn't happen recently but they're the only bad experiences we had at Disney restaurants.

My Dad and I were in EPCOT and he insisted we go to a table service restaurant for dinner. Since we couldn't get into Rose & Crown we tried Chefs de France and got a table. It was beautiful inside, the food was very good but our waiter was awful. From the moment we sat down he rushed us. He was rude when we asked him for a suggestion on wine. We didn't even finish our salads and our dinners were in front of us. He kept coming back to see if we were finished. We wanted coffee and a little dessert but decided to skip it there and went to Morocco instead. Anytime we go past the restaurant or it's mentioned in conversation my Dad says "Never, never again. Ever." We like to have relaxing dinners, enjoy our wine, talk, enjoy our experience, and Chefs de France isn't the place for that, in our experience anyway.

For my Mom's 50th, one of her brothers and his family, my Grandma, and my parents very best friends, and I came to Florida to spend it with her. My uncle wanted to get everyone together for a nice birthday dinner and made reservations at the Brown Derby for 12. My mom, Grandma, and I got there first so I went inside and explained that we had reservations but not all of our party was there yet. The hostess checking me in was very nice and told me to just come back to her when everyone was there. I sat outside with my Mom and Grandma to wait. A few minutes later a different hostess came out and called our name. I stood up and she held up her hands and said to me "Not so fast. Sit." I felt like a dog. So, she said to me "Do you want your party seated together?" I said "Yes, of course." She sighed, rolled her eyes, and told me it would be a while. I just smiled and said "That's fine. We'll wait." We had a great table in the middle of the restaurant, a patient waiter, and a nice meal but I couldn't believe how incredibly rude the hostess was.

Post Thanks / Like

Default XO'd

Tx for the reports on WCC I changed to Bomas and XO WCC. Don't want to take a chance =and did not really like the way the changed the menu anyway 5 Days and counting

Post Thanks / Like

DBF and I were planning on having dinner at Prime Time. We're tired of making reservations so we were going to just sit at the bar. It works almost every time.

As we approached the resturant we realized the doors were closed and cast members were directing guests away. Turns out there was some sort of plumbing issue and it was not very pretty.

Since Prime Time and Hollywood and the Vine share a plumbing system, Hollywood and the Vine was also closed.

The other TS resturants were swamped with all the hungry guests. We knew there was no way of getting in.

In any other park, this would not have been a problem since there are PLENTY of delish CS and snack options. HS, however, has probably THE WORST food options in Disney.

I ended up eating a "taco" salad which featured stale tortilla strips and fatty chicken. There were practically NO beans and corn and the dressing was gross. DBF had a greasy cold burger. He said we should have gone to McDonalds where the food would be cheaper and more tasty. Can't say I disagree.

Dinner sent us back to the hotel early with stomach problems into the night. Awful.

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back from a seven day trip and the WORST dining experience was at Tony's at Magic Kingdom. We had been looking forward to eatting there since we all loved it the last time we were there two years ago.

It started when we walked in. We had checked in on time and they called us in to be seated in a reasonable amount of time. As the hostess was leading us in to seat us they stopped us because the table had been given away. It only took a minute and they seated us at a different table. No big deal, really, and if things hadn't continued it wouldn't even be worth mentioning.

The room they sat us in was COLD. We asked if they could possibly turn up the heat (there was no heater) or close the door that was leading outside (they could not). Again, I understand. You can't do anything about a room not having a heater (I don't know WHY a room wouldn't have a heater, but okay) and the door was open to allow the servers to go through, but there wasn't even a suggestion for us to move to a different area. We litterally had our jackets and gloves on.

When the food came it was ALL bad. Four of the five of us had pasta. Every single pasta dish was overcooked and mushy. This is an Italian restaurant, the pasta should be cooked correctly! The seat I ordered was way over cooked. Things that were listed as being included on the menu were not included on the dish. My sister asked about it and was told that the chefs had told them today that they weren't doing that anymore.

The server was BAD. Really bad. Never came to refill drinks. When asked about things she said, and I quote "I don't know. I just serve the food." She never even suggested that she could check on that for us.

Over all, just a horrid experience, which was made worse since we had all been looking forward to this meal so much because of our prior time there.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Last Holiday season I relented to try Coral Reef because my sister insisted ( going against all reviews here ) - it was less than average - well, it was bad, actually - the worst we had that trip . The bill was pricey - although, we had dining plan, the tip was almost the price of a less expensive and probably better meal somewhere else. We had ADR and waited one hr before being seated. I wil not go back . Service was just average . Tea refills once .
    Am I picky ? No , not usually - don't mind paying for good food and service. Maybe reading this thread , food in general is on the way downward - soory for that , I am .

Post Thanks / Like

interesting ... notice how a thread with negative experiences gets more eyes and posts than others?

I never felt Disney had good dining options up until about 2000ish... (and MK food was the worst out of a bad lot) then there were some good dining options, quite a few fact. Then the Disney Dining plan came along, at first it was ok and there were still good options for dining.

Then the dining plan was promoted as an free add on to packages and dining experiences spiraled down hill. Guests dined in restaurants they never would have before and the plan had "tips included" as a feature. Try getting decent service from someone who feels they aren't getting tipped.

Now Disney Dining is very hit or miss experience and that's sad. We used to plan a special evening out every trip (DS with special made chopsticks at what is now Teppan Edo) is one we'll always remember. Illuminations being performed while we were seated at a window at what is now Tokyo Dining is another one, amazing slow cooked pork at what is now Tutto Italia was to die for

This coming January we are weighing our special night out dinning options and ... en we'll see
    WDW
    7 trips off site
    96- Swan
    98- CB
    00- CB
    01- PO (FQ)
    02- PO (FQ)
    03- Feb 2nd - 7th ASM
    04- Oct 26 - Nov 2 PO RS
    05- Jan 11-13 (engaged)- ASM
    05- Oct 3-8 CBR
    07- Jan 7-12 ASM