Quantcast Christmas Party?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Christmas Party?

Our family trip is scheduled this year for November 28- December 5. Our family includes Grandma, Grandpa, son-in- law, dd1, dd2, grandson, age 5 and granddaughter, age 3. Should we spring for tickets for the MVMCP? I love MNNSHP, but I can't remember if I thought the Christmas party was worth it, What would we miss, other than "free" hot chocolate and cookies?
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

They have performances at the Castle and a lovely Christmas parade with Santa Claus. The fireworks you can see from outside the park. As the tickets continually increase in price, I begin to question the value for the money spent - particularly for a large group such as you gave. Ultimately, you'll have to decide whether this is worth the expense for your family or not.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Do they have the parade with Santa anytime other than the party?
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

When we went in December, DH and I went to the Christmas party. We loved it.

Great parade, fireworks and the snow on main street. We ate cookies and hot chocolate in the crystal palace and had a wonderful night. I think it's something you have to experience at least once! Your grandson and granddaughter will have a ball. It's a fun time for everyone and to be able to watch the kids have a great time is priceless
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    Do they have the parade with Santa anytime other than the party?
    Not until after the parties end.

Santa is available for visits in other locations. Mr. & Mrs. Santa Claus typically appear next to the American pavilion in Epcot. I believe Santa Claus also appears near City Hall in the Magic Kingdom and in Downtown Disney.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I would say definitely go for it. We did it twice and loved it. That being said we will probably never pay for it again. But definitely do it once. We are doing MNSSHP for the 1st time this year on Halloween! Can't wait for that.
    May 03 OKW Apr 14 BWV
    Apr 04 Pop. Oct 14 BWV
    Apr 06 Riverside
    Dec 08 BWV
    Apr 09 SSR
    Nov 09 BWV
    May 10 BCV
    Nov 10 BWV
    May 12 BCV
    Oct 12 BLT
    Apr 13 BWV
    Jun 13 AKL kidani

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    As the tickets continually increase in price, I begin to question the value for the money spent - particularly for a large group such as you gave. Ultimately, you'll have to decide whether this is worth the expense for your family or not.
    This is the reason we DON"T go to the party. I'd love to do it, but with 3 kids 7 and under, it doen't make sense to pay SO MUCH for something they'll want to leave around 10pm from sheer exhaution. I'll be arriving the same day you do and staying a little longer, but I won't be at the party. Just too much.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I did it back in 2005 and thought it was a lot of fun. Not as much fun as MNSSHP but still fun. I'm looking forward to doing it again this year.
    ΊoΊKathyΊoΊ TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We like the Christmas party so much better than the Halloween. So I would have to say that if you love the Halloween, I think you will think the Christmas is worth it. The whole experience just pulls you into a world of Disney Christmas. With money being much tighter right now, we agreed to skip the party this year, but I have to admit, I will miss it.

Post Thanks / Like

Would this be something you all would do if you went with just your significant other?

We saw the preview pics on the blog and my dh seemed interested in it. Ive never been to an after hours party before.
    Laura
    VMK: CL_MissAstroCat

Jan 1982-1992-OS • July 1993 - DL Paris • June 1995-ASM • Mar 1998-OS • Jan 2001-OS • Dec 2005- POFQ • Jan 2007- POFQ & Dolphin • Mar 2008- CB • Aug 2008 - Poly • Nov 2012 - POR • Nov 2014 - CSR&AKL • Mar 2015 - POFQ & HilBV • May 2015 - ASSp • Mar 2016 - CB & HilBV

Post Thanks / Like

By my count you are looking at paying for 5-6 tickets, maybe more. I don't think that the 1 & 2 year olds would have to pay. Even if they don't, you are looking at probably $300 or more, with most likely 3 of the kids crashing well before the parades and such happen.

I try not to be cynical, we are heading back down the day after Thanksgiving and won't be doing it. My DW and I have done it twice, now with 3 kids we are saying no, too expensive for too little value. The fact that they do it almost 50% of the time irks me as well, as it comes off as a money grab while restricting my access to the MK. I'm down there 10 nights, and I bet five of those nights they'll be running MVMCP, doesn't seem quite right, and then it inflates weekend crowds even more because they can't go on the weeknights of the event.

Also, beside the Christmas parade and a few stage shows, the transformation isn't all that great. I don't usually go off on Disney rants, but this is one that has bugged me for some time. It's not that its bad or I don't like it, just that being on a budget, it doesn't even come close to providing value, tangible or intangible. Would I like to do it with the family, yes, will I? No.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Santa is available for visits in other locations. Mr. & Mrs. Santa Claus typically appear next to the American pavilion in Epcot.
    Last years Santa & Mrs. Claus in Epcot may be the best Santa I've ever seen. We did a family pic with them and it was outstanding. Didn't even know they were there and just happened to look over and see them.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: