Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast - October 31-Nov 16, 2012

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Weather Forecast - October 31-Nov 16, 2012

I'll update this first post each day with the forecast (though I'll occasionally miss Sundays), both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. If you want to see the exact conditions for your travel dates over the last few years, go to our historic weather page in Info Central here. Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Update Wednesday pm, October 31, 2012
    Happy Halloween!

Nothing scary about the weather today. Should be a perfect Halloween night at WDW. The high today will be about 70 and clear and cool this evening. Tomorrow will be 75-77 with scattered thunderstorms. Any rain that does fall will be brief, but there's still a chance you'll get wet at some point tomorrow afternoon. After that, the next chance of rain will come late Monday into early Tuesday with the passage of the next front. Wednesday should be dry. Friday will be 76-78, then 80-82 for Saturday and Sunday before dropping back to 75-77 for Monday. Tuesday will be 71-73 and back to around 75 for Wednesday.

Long range...Nov 8-16 doesn't show significant rain. It looks like the fronts are deflected north from Florida. Nov 8-10 will be in the mid to upper 70s, then low 80s for Nov 11-16.

Travel Impact
    Everyone is reopen today except La Guardia. No time table on that one. No major delays tomorrow except possibly La Guardia.

Any of you who are nervous about flying, especially related to turbulence, go here and here to learn a lot about turbulence. Those two articles should be very helpful in allowing you to understand turbulence and flight safety when it hits. Hopefully all of this will help you relax and enjoy the trip to WDW more!

Tropics
    Nothing out there right now and hopefully we're done for this season.

See the 2012 Hurricane Policy for WDW HERE.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

So, for my trip next wk. (11th-17th) are we thinking hot and humid or maybe a little more comfortable? We're traveling with my sister and her family (all Disney newbies) plus they have a 7 month old. Trying to think how we'll pack...and if we'll be uncomfortably hot.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe a little more comfortable and less humid. It's still going to be plenty warm, but not horrible. Probably need to give it 3-4 more days to see if the models will keep flip-flopping before we know if there's going to be a good chance of some cooler weather during your trip.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Keeping my fingers crossed. This is a big deal-first time trip-first grandparent trip-and a birthday-kinda trip! I will anxiously await your daily updates!

Post Thanks / Like

As always Thank you Strmchsr!! You are always on target when it comes to the weather!!
    We are leaving on Friday and wasn't sure what to pack but it seems like tank tops and shorts are in order with swimsuits!!
    If you can dream it, you can do it ...Horizons
    **Been there, done that at Disney!!!**
    Next Trip:
    Post Mother's Day trip May 2016

Post Thanks / Like

I'm stalking this thread! 9 days and counting....

While I hope for cooler weather for park touring, I'm secretly longing for high temps to swim!!

Thanks Strmchsr!!!! You're always spot on for our trips every year!
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, please don't let it rain on Oct 18. Thats our MNSSHP night!
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer_and_Chris View Post
    Oh, please don't let it rain on Oct 18. Thats our MNSSHP night!
    Well, according to the models it would be out by lunch on the 18th, but that's all voodooland right now so nothing at all to worry about for the moment. Way to early to get into specifics.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Do you think Oct. 16 will be a wash out? We've got tickets to the Halloween Party.

Post Thanks / Like

What are evenings going to look like for this coming weekend? As in how much cooler will it be than during the day?
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDawgette View Post
    What are evenings going to look like for this coming weekend? As in how much cooler will it be than during the day?
    Temps during the evening will get into the low 70s. 68-69 isn't out of the question but that should be middle of the night. So, nothing too cool. The only time you might need a sweater or something would be riding the boat to DTD or something like that.The wind/water will make things feel a little cooler.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Arriving on the 24th....even though it is still 16 days out it is wonderful to see that date in your long range forecast. Getting closer!!!
    Diana

3-19 Old Key West
    10-18 ASMovies
    6-18 Pop
    4-18 ASMovies 50th BDay AP!
    10-17 Pop
    11-15 Boardwalk GV
    10-12 Saratoga Springs GV
    7-11 Beach Club
    7-09 Old Key West
    10-08 Boardwalk GV
    4-07 POP Bday & 40th Anniv
    4-04 CB
    5-99 ASMovies
    1-91 Honeymoon & 2 times as a kid

Post Thanks / Like

Chris, We're getting ready to pack! How is the humidity going to be over the next wk? Thanks for updating your posts every day!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BiloxiMom View Post
    How is the humidity going to be over the next wk?
    Shouldn't be too bad. It's still there but not as bad as the previous few weeks. Drier (not dry, but drier) air will be in place for the next week or so. If you take my highs, the heat index will generally be 5-7 degrees above that, which is an improvement on the 10-12 degrees we've been seeing. Have a great trip!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!! And, I'm sure we will!

Post Thanks / Like

Hope it's not too "cold" for iCot15. mid 70's seems a bit chilly for my idea of what Florida weather is supposed to be like. I land the 23rd so fingers cross there aren't any rain delays at MCO, or weather issues here in update NY!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    Hope it's not too "cold" for iCot15. mid 70's seems a bit chilly for my idea of what Florida weather is supposed to be like. I land the 23rd so fingers cross there aren't any rain delays at MCO, or weather issues here in update NY!
    My sister and I want heat, heat..... She lives in Winnipeg(Winterpeg) and has already seen some snow flakes. Here in Nova Scotia it has started getting really cold. So, a short reprieve would be so.....nice.

Sorry to those wanting a cold front to come in. After the 30th of October would be okay.

Strmchsr- Do you have mother nature's ear. Please put in a good word for us Northerners who would love one more week of warmth during ICOT.
    Pally

Past Trips

Pop- Dec 2015
    Portofino Bay-(Club)Universal Dec, 2015
    Pop - Oct 2012
    Pop- Aug/Sept 2009
    Wilderness Lodge - Dec. 2006
    Portofino Bay-(Club)-Universal- Dec 2006
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- May 2003
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- April 2002
    Off-site-May 1989-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pally View Post
    Strmchsr- Do you have mother nature's ear. Please put in a good word for us Northerners who would love one more week of warmth during ICOT.
    I have a bit of conflict of interests there. Those of us who live in the deep south are sick of warmth and ready for the change to cooler weather. Mid-70s, though, is still plenty warm in Orlando. For those of you from up north it will still feel quite warm with the humidity. It's only in the evenings it'll feel cool. But don't worry. Voodooland changes constantly so there's still no certainty that cooler air will come south.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see the anniversary party dates on the weather forecast! Completely dry as of now is even better!
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Nice to see the anniversary party dates on the weather forecast! Completely dry as of now is even better!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: