Quantcast Life is a Highway and a Safari Trip Report Day 8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Life is a Highway and a Safari Trip Report Day 8

Day 8

Sunday, September 23rd

Cast Members:
    Me, Joanne
    Dh, Jason
    Ds Caden age 3
    DS, Hudson 8 months

Today we decided to be Disney traitors and take the boys to Legoland. We were so excited as no one in our party had ever been.*
    The line just to buy tickets was an hour long. Try to buy tickets ahead of time!!! This was a huge time waster as the park opens at 10am and closes at 5pm. We ended up tackling the park the right way as we started in the back of the park first. We beat the crowds and walked right on the main rides which was great for Caden. He did the lego boats and the driving school for 3 to 5 year olds. They gave him a license. Then we wanted to get him a real lego license so we had to go in the building to take his picture. Then we went back out to pay for it and she couldn't find the picture on the screen.*
    She told us she would just take another picture but by that time Caden was done with it and we were so annoyed they just lost the pic he just took that we just said forget it and left. Oh well.*
    They had a penny souvenir machine there so we made that.*
    Jay and him had some race where they had to race emergency vehicles to put out a fire. It was a lot of work! Just as I was thinking how dangerous this 'ride game' was the worker's foot got runned over by someones vehicle. He was in so much pain and had to call for help. I felt so bad for him. The thing is the parents need to pump the vehicle. Caden couldn't do it, it was too hard for him and then when you get off the emergency vehicle you have to get out on the side near the next emergency car being pumped. However you are so busy pumping and looking down that if a little kid happens to walk into the path of a vehicle they could be runned down. Just as I was thinking this, the guys foot got runned over. These are pretty big and heavy looking vehicles.*
    Anyways Jay and Caden came in 2nd place. My hubby was sooo hot after doing all that work so we went into the imagination center where Caden built a car with me and then raced it. He made a pretty good one as it won many races. The older kids would see Caden's win and they would run back to the tables to try to make theirs win. They were shocked that Caden kept winning. Caden loved this so much he played in there for an hour and a half!!! Jay and I didn't mind as a) it was in air-conditioning and b) Hudson was taking a long and much needed nap.
    After we ate lunch and then Caden and I rode these airplanes. Another ride that was work as I had to pedal like a bike to make it go up. Lol Caden loved it and the work wasn't hard at all.
    We made our way around the park. Jay insisted taking Caden on this roller coaster I believe it was called Dinosaurous. *It was like the wooden roller coaster in many other theme parks. This was making me nervous. Older kids were screaming their heads off. I was terrified for my son and I was literally nauseous. Then suddenly I saw an empty car go up and I texted Jay telling him I didn't think it was a good idea. When I saw them coming back out I was so relieved!!! There was this other Mom listening to us talk about it and she too said she worries about her kids on rides and they are in their early teens and her hubby says they are okay to go on it. I was so glad though to hear that I wasn't alone.*
    Caden and I went on a safari truck. It was cute as Caden thought he was really driving the vehicle again like at the driving school. But he wasn't as this ride was on a track like the Speedway at WDW.*
    We went into a little ball area after this. He shot some cannons and then headed towards a castle. There he became a knight and jousted on a lego horse. This was a really cute ride and we filmed. Caden loved it. We headed to the carousel as it was almost closing time. We rode this 2xs and then into the stores where we of course bought LEGOS! We even bought Hudson a Tigger and Pooh one. Caden got a lightning McQueen one.*
    Then out of the park and back into the car. We were sweating!!! Too hot out again. Couldn't wait to feel air conditioning!*
    We got back to AKL and we went swimming! We all had a blast. After we went up to the room to change and decided to eat dinner at Mara. We ate some yummy food and then walked around resort. We took a look at Simba's club for little kids to be babysat. It was really nice. Then we went by the pool and they were playing Dumbo on a movie screen. Caden and I watched it on a pool chair. I haven't seen this movie in YEARS! It was pretty disturbing basically watching Dumbo drink champagne, watching *his drunk dream *and then those black crows smoking. This movie would definitely not *fly today! It amazes me how much things change!*
    I was listening to the other kids asking parents questions about it. Like,"why is that bird smoking? ! Smoking is really bad for you, right Dad?"*
    After that scene and before Caden asked me any more questions we left to see if they were still doing the night time vision goggles.*
    They were closing up but the cast member remembered Caden from the skull session for the first day and so she took the goggles back out and showed us a giraffe with them and everything. It was so nice of her to do that.*
    After this we went to the gift shop and walked around. Then we called it a night.

Next Report: Disney's Hollywood Studios
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a right mixture of a day (exhausting, frustrating but mainly fun).

As you posted this we were walking into the Magic Kingdom, up before the Monorails
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I hope that person with the injured foot was okay! We went to that park once once - way back when it was still Cypress Gardens. Is it worth a visit for adults without kids?
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't recommend it for adults only. It is mainly geared for the young ones ages 3 to 7.
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for reporting!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good day. Thanks for sharing.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: