Quantcast Life is A Highway and A Safari Trip Report, Day 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Life is A Highway and A Safari Trip Report, Day 6

Cast Members:*
    Me, Joanne
    Dh, Jason
    Ds, Caden age 3
    Ds, Hudson, 8 months

Friday, Sept 21st, 2012

Woke up, fed the boys breakfast and hubby went downstairs and got us coffee and muffins. Then we hung out on our balcony looking out over our savannah. The baby giraffe is adorable. Lots of animals were out in our area.*
    Drove to Epcot and we parked fairly close to entrance. We arrived around 10am.
    Entered the park and went on Spaceship Earth. Then went over to The Land and since Hudson was asleep Caden and I went on Living With The Land. He loved it. ( we did the tour last visit and he remembered everything about it!)
    Caden was wearing a Nemo outfit so we took pictures of him in front of The Living Seas building. He watched the 'Mine' seagulls and had a ton of *belly laughs at them. He loved them.*
    We then went to check in at Coral Reef restaurant. We had 11:35 lunch ressies. We got a table towards the back but Caden loved it. I got lobster pasta and my hubby had salmon. Chef came out for my g free kid and made him a pizza and his own bread. Everything was good. My son screamed shark a few times and laughed so hard because a sea turtle layed down right next to a man eating dinner and the guy had no idea an enormous sea turtle was sleeping beside him. It was pretty funny.*
    After lunch we went to Turtle Talk With Crush. I told Caden he could talk to Crush and ask him questions. This was his first time ever experiencing this. When they asked who wanted to ask a question my son raised his hand immediately. He got picked right away. (thankfully I was filming!) Crush commented on his Nemo shirt. Caden told him his name (his voice sounded so cute in the microphone) and then asked, "what do you eat?" Crush told him and then asked him what he liked to eat, he answered, "yogurt" but he says yogurt so cute kind of like yogwert that Crush repeated it that way. Caden thought it was so funny. He amazed my hubby and I and how well he did and wasn't shy about speaking in front of so many people. He ended up being the only one who asked a question that Crush could answer. The other kids didn't speak English and you couldn't understand at all what they saying not even their names Crush just cracked some jokes about them and their parental units who weren't claiming them. *It was very funny.*
    After the show went and explored the fish tanks, made some penny souvenirs and then went to ride Living with The Land again so that my hubby and Hudson could ride.*
    After I tried to get Caden to go on Journey into Imagination but he wanted no part of it. ( he got scared of this ride last visit). So we decided to go over to Mexico to ride Donald's boat ride . Caden loved it. Then we found the penny machine there. Had to make them. Then he saw the Duffy coloring table and did that. Hudson was sleeping so we decided hanging out in the air conditioning wasn't so bad as it was very hot out!*
    We left this park around 2:30pm. We were heading to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party this night!
    Got back to the room and freshened up. Fed them dinner in the room and then headed out. The skies started to look not promising and sure enough started pouring and didn't stop till around 10:30pm *
    I looked at the schedules and we decided to get on some lines for characters. We went to the area by Tinkerbell and her fairy friends meet and greet area. We were 2nd on line. They checked our wrist bands a million times while we were on line. (plus it was the same cast member who kept asking the same people to show him. (too much pixie dust I think) Terk and Mary Jane came out. Hudson literally is so strong he almost pulled Terk's head off. I apologized profusely as I couldn't get Hudson off of him. I felt so bad.*
    Then we walked over (basically swam) to meet Capt. Jack Sparrow. He was really funny. He looked at Hudson and said, Boy you don't miss a meal do you!? He told Caden he could be honorary capt of the Black Pearl. Caden was in his glory! During the picture once again Hudson got hold of his beard and I saved Capt Jack from losing his dreads. *
    We then got on line for some candy and bathroom break. It was STILL pouring. After this we headed towards the parade route. It was STILL pouring. We found a great spot around the circle facing by the castle.*
    We waited and right when it was supposed to start they announced it was cancelled due to the weather. *
    The Villain stage show was cancelled as well. *
    We went and got some more candy in Fantasyland (long lines for all candy) and then Caden and I rode It's a small world because Hudson wanted to go to sleep in the stroller.*
    After that we went to the front of the castle to watch Hallowishes. We were happy because they started on time regardless of the rain.*
    Then stayed in the same spot in hopes the 2nd parade would be on.*
    *No headless horseman but at least the parade went on!!!
    Caden loved the parade. Back at home we had to guess what Mickey was going to be dressed as. I guessed a pirate, Caden guessed a pumpkin, Jason guessed Goofy and Caden said Hudson chose a ghost. We were all wrong as he was dressed as a joker.*
    The parade was great. It is all of our favorite. The rain stopped completely half way through the parade. My son came out of the stroller finally and watched the rest of it on my lap. The characters kept coming up to us. Caden got many lollipops from the parade people. After the parade, we*stopped at Casey's, got yummy dogs and looked at people's costumes.
    We headed over to The Emporium to see if we could get a soundtrack of the parade but they only have Boo To You (which we want) but there is also other songs from other special events on the cd and they were out of it completely. We did end up purchasing a coin book holder for my son for all his penny souvenirs and made another pressed penny there.*
    Then we were heading out the park. I took Caden by Tony's so he could see Lady and Tramp's paw prints in the cement as he loves that movie.*
    Took a pic of him by the Goofy statue as he says Goofy is his favorite and then off to the buses we went.*
    Rest of the way back of hotel was uneventful and we were all very tired. Off to bed!*

Next up: cousin meeting us in Magic Kingdom

First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

SO sorry to hear about the Headless Horseman- he is very cool to see. Great report.

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad about the rain, but sounds like a great time anyway.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

You kept your party spirits up despite the rain!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for reporting!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a wonderful MK day

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!