Quantcast MNSSHP with Little Ones

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default MNSSHP with Little Ones

We returned from attending the MNSSHP last Friday, and I thought I'd throw out some of our experiences for those of you with little ones who are thinking of going. The trip was for DS's 4th birthday. He is old enough to be excited to go to the party but is still at the age where he really does best going to the park in the morning, napping, and enjoying the hotel in the evening. We spent the morning at the pool, and he then refused to take a nap, having to put on his costume 1 1/2 hours prior to being able to go to MK at 4 pm. He really enjoyed the regular MK experience, in costume, but then fell asleep in the stroller at about 7, also just as it started to rain. He woke up after about 15 minutes and enjoyed Woody's Dance Party a lot, but was very cranky when I talked him in to leaving to queue up for the 8:15 parade...in the rain. Sadly, Disney chose to wait until 8:15 to announce that they were cancelling the parade due to the rain and only having the 10:00 parade instead. There was no way we would make it to 10:00, so we didn't get to see it. So.....I can really see how much fun the party would be, but if you have a little one, the lateness and the limited flexibility is tough. We definately want to try again, but we are going to wait until he's 7 or 8, I think. I just thought this might be useful for folks out there. My kid is pretty easy going and loves Disney, but he just wasn't ready.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry that you didn't have a better experience. It's such an added expense to do the parties that it's a shame when it doesn't work out, and the young ones are often unpredictable in such situations. I hope you got some cute pictures, anyway.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Im so sorry to hear that! I hope our experience is better tomorrow night! Thankfully ours still get in for free because they are so young. Im sorry!
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

We did have a good time. He loved the characters and the one trick-or-treat spot we hit. We were undecided whether or not to try it, so I thought it might be helpful to others out there who may be on the fence about it. It's very hard to have a truly bad time at Disney!

Post Thanks / Like

In 06 we went with DS then 4 and just barely 4 at that - he had a great time, but he is an adventurer at heart. MNSSHP is a family favorite, we just can't seem to get down there now with school.
    1st WDW trip - 1973 at 5 weeks old!

Disney addict since 1973!

Post Thanks / Like

That really stinks about the parade. We always leave after the first parade and fireworks so no 1st parade would be a real bummer for us as well.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

What bothered me the most about the parade wasn't even that they cancelled it. It was that they let everyone sit in the rain right up until the minute it was supposed to start before announcing it.

Post Thanks / Like

We are taking our DS (2 1/2) to the last MNSSHP party on 11/2. I too was curious to see how other little ones have handled the party.
    I am not exspecting much and we will enjoy the party as long as we can before he gets too tired.
    I am hoping he makes it until the fisrt parade and the fireworks, but won't be upset if he doesn't.
    I will be sure to report back on how our experience goes.
    1984 - Off Property
    May 2002 - AKL
    May 2003 - DL - One day
    January 2006 - One day
    March 2006 - CSR
    March 2008 Swan/Dolphin
    December 2008 - CBR/AKL
    November 2012 - AoA Lion King
    March 15-22 2014 - Swan/Dolphin
    Nov 13-22 2014 AoA Cars

DVC Owners @ GF
    Up Next:
    Sept 4-12 Poly Villas

Post Thanks / Like

We took our children when they were older -- like 10 and 8 and my 10 year old wanted to leave early because she was tired. In theory she could stay up late, but with all the day long walking and activities, it takes its toll! We did this party twice and it was one too many for us.
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

We are taking DDs 2 1/2 to the party on 10/11 as a family party of 9. Hoping to see the first parade and lots of characters before the two girls are out for the night. Then we think we will leave them with their grandparents and mom & dad can have a little fun. Will report back.

#35 - SSR 05/16
    34 trips
    2015 SSR
    2014 GFV & CBR/ToT 10mi!
    2013 DWL & POFQ
    2012 Bdwlk & SSR
    2010, 2011 OKW
    2009 BLT & SSR
    2008 SSR & AKV
    2007 SSR 2x
    2006 SSR 2x
    '05 DVC!SSR/DCL
    '03,'04, '07 POP
    '98, '99 ASMo
    '95, '96 2x, '97, '98 ASMu
    '89-'94 Off

Post Thanks / Like

We were at the same party that night on sept 21st and we were mad too about them cancelling it when it was supposed to start. We wasted so much time waiting for it. My son was almost 3 last year when we did it the first time and he had a great time then. I had my 8 month old who stayed up until the 10pm parade this time and then he was asleep in the stroller till we got back on the bus to go back. My 3 year old had a blast and stayed awake till we left. It all depends on the child and how they are that day.
    The rain this time put such a damper on the night but we all had a great time. A great thing about the rain was we got to meet Capt Jack Sparrow as the line was really short. I wrote all about the party in my trip report.
    If anyone is going with young ins just don't do early reservations that day or the morning after. It is too much. Take it slow the day of and the little ones should be fine.
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

We have been here since Saturday and I can't tell you how many young ones we have seen/heard screaming and crying not only during the day but at night as well when the parks are open late. Have also seen it at restaurants later in the night. Yes, this is a place for children but I think adults need to realize that taking an hour out of the day to let a child nap is okay. I truly feel bad for these kids because you can just tell they are so tired and worn out but I think its the parents that push them to stay awake because they don't want them to miss anything. I have even seen parents get mad at their child because they are taking a fit....it's not their fault!!! My daughters are 15 and 13 and they're ready to head back to the hotel around 11, get a good night's sleep and head back out in the morning. We all love Disney but I think we enjoy it more when we and our children are not tired.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: