Quantcast One more ressie: Cape May or Wave

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default One more ressie: Cape May or Wave

Need one more reservation, Dinner end of first full day on property. Planning on chilling, relaxing and getting set for a long week at the parks starting early the next morning. DW and DD (15) and I need one more place to eat. Thoughts on each? I am leaning towards the Wave, as we will be done a little before MK Fireworks, and then roll back to CBeach. Thoughts?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cape May is good. And the Boardwalk is a neat area to chill out at. We have not done the Wave and I didn't think we would (I thought I remembered not liking the menu), but I looked at the menu last night and was considering doing it during our Jan trip in place of Cape May actually (Cape May is pricey and we're paying OOP).

DVC members since 2006....OKW, HH and BWV

Post Thanks / Like

We have never eaten at Cape May. I regard to the Wave it is one of our favorites.

When we were talking to the chef on our trip in early Sept he said that they were getting ready to change the menu as they change it up periodically.

We have never had a bad meal and the service has always been good.

Hope this helps..
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

It's hard for me to pick either one of these.

We have had two very enjoyable meals at Cape May. Both of those meals were for Thanksgiving dinner and we had a large party (extended family) and that may have added to the overall positive experience. Then last Dec. we had dinner there and I was very disappointed. I didn't remember the cost being so high on the other trips, and I just didn't think it was at all worth the price tag.

This Aug. we tried the Wave for the first time. I'd heard mostly bad reviews, but we were looking for a location that we could just "walk up" since we didn't have any ressies for that night. I always say if a place is empty there must be a reason. This place didn't appear to be even half full, and we were seated immediately without a reservation, at 8pm. While it was no where near as horrible as some of the reviews I've read, I can't say that we'd ever return. There was just nothing special about it, nothing to make me want to return.

I guess for food I'd go with Cape May, even though I think it's highly overpriced. But honestly, what isn't overpriced in WDW anyway????

We always have our first night meal at Ohana's folllowed by Wishes from the Poly beach. Not sure if Ohana's would still be available for your trip, or if you have it booked for another date during your trip, but that would be my pick for first night.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

never been to Wave but I love Cape May. My favorite Buffet in Disney.
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried the wave yet (but would love to) but we do love cape may cafe. Great choice

Have a magical time
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Count me in as one of the people that thinks Cape May is over-priced and the quality of food is just okay. The ambience is nice though. I'v also dined at The Wave for breakfast and lunch and found the food very good. The one negative about The Wave (for some, anyway) is the lack of theming. It has a very neutral, modern look to it, I think to compliment the "innovative" menu, but it's not everyone's cup of tea.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: