Quantcast Last min shoe issue!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Last min shoe issue!

Sooo I recently bought some Merrils because I'd always heard they are amazing, I got the um...barefootish ones? Because I live in my Vibrams and they have the same bottoms which is super grippy to me. I wore them to a big Scifi convention to break them in and they killed my feet, they made my ankles hurt which is weird because I'm never in shoes that touch/support my ankles. So my new quandry is I'm gona for sure take my Vibrams but I need a alt pair, I have some old tennis shoes I've took before and they worked well enough and I've also got some of the canvas topped crocs with Mickey on them. I like those alot but can't figure out what I should do. Has anyone done the parks in the canvas top crocs?
    You can't take the sky from me

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has different footwear needs. I have found through trial and ERROR, that I am most comfortable wearing running shoes at the parks. I walk fast and they tend to be more flexible while still providing enough cushioning to prevent my knees from swelling up like grapefruits.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

Even among any brand, there are many different shoe options. I have some Merrils which I love. However, I personally would not bring any shoes with me to Disney that I know make me uncomfortable. I'd definitely go with what you know will be easy for you to walk in while there and not cause you any pain.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We took a 17 yo friend of my DD to Disney last Sept and she wore comfortable shoes, but still got blisters. So we bought her a pair of the canvas crocs and she had no more problems for the rest of the trip! According to her they were so very comfortable. Good luck!!

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic, I'm strongly considering taking these, it would give me more packing space if I didnt have to bring socks lol

Post Thanks / Like

Please, only bring shoes that you know are super comfy! WDW is not the place to "break-in" a new pair of shoes, the blisters just aren't worth it! Sore feet can make a trip miserable...
    șoș figgie șoș - Now living our dreams in sunny Florida close to the mouse!

Post Thanks / Like

I bring my most beat up shoe wear when I go on vacation. I mean the ones that you are going to throw away. And then I leave them there to make room for anything I might have bought.

Never bring anything we on vacation...

Post Thanks / Like

Alright yall I wanted to do a follow up with you guys cause I'm so grateful for all the advice! I wore the canvas topped crocs to work Friday and on all my errands that night, then Saturday I did the same thing with my ugly old 'Roo tennis shoes, they were the tremendous winner! theyh are going to be worn down and I've got my Vibrams packed already, I am feeling good about my choices! Thanks again yall!! <3

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: