Quantcast Anyone rented a vacation house near DW?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone rented a vacation house near DW?

I've always stayed in hotels either onsite or offsite when going to DW, but recently found some great deals on vacation rental homes online. I'm traveling with my wife, daughter, and two sets of parents so this would be the ideal setting. Based on the low prices I'm seeing, though, it almost seems too good to be true. Has anyone ever done this?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We did this back in 2007 when the kids were 10, 9, and 7. It was actually very nice. We had a kitchen, our own rooms, and own pool. It was private and out of the way of all the hustle and bussle. The only real downside was having to drive to DW every day, park in the massive lot, and try to find your rental at the end of a long day with tired kids in tow. We stayed onsite in 2010 and loved that just as much though. We went through Orlando Villas. The guy we rented from was from Great Britian. He was very nice and accommodating.
    Natalie

WDW ~ 1987
    WDW ~ Jan 1997
    DL ~ Jan 2004
    WDW ~ Dec 2007
    WDW POR ~Oct 2010
    WDW POR ~ Dec 2012
    WDW Offsite ~ Mar 2016
    WDW POR ~ Aug 2016
    DL ~ Jun 2018
    WDW ASMovies ~ Mar 2019

Post Thanks / Like

We are doing this in a month. I will let you know how it works out.

We are renting a place that costs $625 for eight nights. It has three bedrooms, two bathrooms. There is what looks like a really nice pool with a waterslide.They claim it is really close to WDW. It is in the Windsor Hills community. I can pm you the website we used to find it.

We are splitting the stay between this unit and AoA. It was just too expensive to stay on property for the entire two weeks of our vacation.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

We have friends who did this last year. They rented through All-Star Vacation Homes (Intercot Sponsor) and they loved it. It saved them a bundle.
    In general you can get much more space for your lodging $$ by renting a house, especially if you have a larger group. You can get however many BR's you need, and with multiple bathrooms, fully equipped kitchens, linens, towels, etc. and most of them have their own pool. And it's usually less than half the coast of renting resort rooms for that many people (6 or more).
    Drawbacks: No on-site restaurant.
    And unless you pay extra, you won't have daily housekeeping service. The other biggie is you have to provide your own transportation back and forth to the parks. For some that is a deal breaker, but if transportation is not an issue for you, then you can get some really nice digs for a lot less $$$.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

We did this durring Christmas of 2008. We had 11 people in a 5 bedroom house. It was very nice and even had Disney themeing throughout the house. They deffinately knew who their customer base was. It had an in ground pool and all in all was very nice. We had it for a week and it was only $700.

Is it as "special" as staying on property. No, but it is cheaper (at least for us that trip). As others have said you dont get the perk of using Disney transportation to the parks but it isnt that bad.
    1982 MK
    1988 MK & Epcot
    1989 MK & Epcot
    2002 MK, Epcot and Disney MGM Studios
    2006 DL
    2008 MK, Epcot and DHS (Best trip EVER)

Booked- 5 year wedding aniv at Port Orleans Riverside April 20-22 2012

Planned Chirstmas 2012 offsite

Second Star to the right and straight on till morning.

Post Thanks / Like

We always rent a house when we are traveling with the whole family. Nice having our own pool and we are all under the same roof. The downside is driving to the parks every day and having to pay for parking.
    *A dream is a wish your heart makes*

Post Thanks / Like

I'll second All Star Vacation Homes. Stayed there in 2008 and loved it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you to everyone for this incredibly helpful feedback! I think we're definitely going to go with a rental house.

Post Thanks / Like

You can find really good deals on vacation homes, but be careful to go through a reputable company. The reason they are so affordable is they have to compete with Disney (and a thousand other hotels) which offers the immersion and transportation. The traffic in Orlando can be a deal breaker if you end up in a bad location. Imagine sitting in traffic for an hour while the family is excited to be going to WDW or being late for reservations. Also the traffic after park closing can be frustrating if you have been in the parks all day especially from MK where you have to take transportation to the TTC and then fight traffic back to your rental home. Parking fees can add up as well over a weeks time so make sure you figure in the cost of parking and toll fees from your rental as well as any rental car fees etc. If all that works out you can save money especially with a large group.
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

We rented two five bedroom houses with pools about two years ago for something like $179 a night. There were 22 of us, including some young kids, and we had a blast. The kids loved the pools and we saved a lot of money buying our own food and using the kitchens. The only thing missing was the Disney Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm planning my August trip and financially, renting a house or condo is our best option.

All Star Vacation Homes does have some amazing properties with great rates but I'm wondering if anyone can recommend another company so that I can shop for the best bargain.
    "in darkness there is power"

Post Thanks / Like

We have rented several times from All Star. Never been disappointed and our girls loved the private pool.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneynarula View Post
    We are doing this in a month. I will let you know how it works out.

We are renting a place that costs $625 for eight nights. It has three bedrooms, two bathrooms. There is what looks like a really nice pool with a waterslide.They claim it is really close to WDW. It is in the Windsor Hills community. I can pm you the website we used to find it.

We are splitting the stay between this unit and AoA. It was just too expensive to stay on property for the entire two weeks of our vacation.
    We stayed at Windsor Hills a few years ago. Very nice. Very close to WDW and there is a "sneak route" that puts you close to the enterance of AK.
    5/21 SSR & BCV
    11/19 Copper Creek Villas
    5/17 - Boardwalk Villas & Swan
    10/14 Legacy Villas
    10/11 & 12 Coronado Springs
    1981 - 2010 Offsite
    1974,76,78 Fort Wilderness
    8/87 - 05 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula766 View Post
    I'm planning my August trip and financially, renting a house or condo is our best option.

All Star Vacation Homes does have some amazing properties with great rates but I'm wondering if anyone can recommend another company so that I can shop for the best bargain.
    I sent you a PM
    Apr 2007 - ASMu
    Apr 2008 - Offsite
    Nov 2009 - ASMu
    Feb 2011 - CBR
    Aug 2011 - ASMu
    Aug 2012 - POFQ
    Sept 2013 - POR/AKV
    Mar 2014 - AKV
    Aug 2014 - AKV
    June 2015 - VGC/Aulani
    Nov 2015 - POP
    Aug 2016 - CSR/AKV
    Oct 2017 - AKV/BLT

Post Thanks / Like

As much as we LOVE staying on-site, and as much as it is a let-down exiting the Disney bubble and hitting the real world, we now typically stay off-site on any extended trip. Disney properties are just too expensive for us to justify more than a few days. And we're not fans of the Disney value resorts.

The savings goes a long way toward other vacations during the year, so we make due and have no problem looking at the bright side. Plus, plenty of resorts in Orlando are fantastic and cheap!
    "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. In just five minutes...."

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed in a townhouse at Windsor Hills last summer. It was very nice and the price was great. I did miss being in the middle of everything, but we were able to stay for 9 days because it was so reasonable. The secret back entrance near AK was a route that we always took, and hardly had any traffic.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: