Quantcast Life is a Highway and a Safari! Day 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Life is a Highway and a Safari! Day 3

Cast Members
    Me, Joanne
    DH, Jason
    DS, Caden 3 yrs
    DS, Hudson 8 months

The boys woke up around 7 am. My hubby went out to get some coffee. I started the boys on breakfast in our room. After that we showered, dressed and left our room around 9 am to get to Hudson's haircut on Main Street. On the way, we stopped by Luigi's Casa della tires to take some pics. We were unable to get pics yesterday of his area as a professional shot was being done there.
    Got the bus for MK which was already at our bus stop upon arrival and we were at the MK in no time. Caden was grinning from ear to ear asking if we were in Disney. Lol Every time I said yes he got more excited!*
    We had to purchase our tickets first and pick up our Halloween Party tickets so we did just that. Took some pics in front of MK with Hudson our first tripper.*
    We were a bit early so we walked around in front of Main Street a bit. Potty break and then cast members were coming up to the boys and talking to them.*
    We entered into the barber shop and less than 6 minutes Hudson was in his chair for his 1st hair cut. Barbara was his hair dresser and she covered him literally to his toes in stickers. Hudson was of course getting them off himself and eating them. My hubby was filming and I was taking pics, holding him so he didn't fall forward, and trying to keep the stickers out of his mouth. Caden was taking the toys and playing with them that they had there to keep the kids minds off the actual haircutting. It kept him busy and quiet.*
    Hudson's hair came out adorable! He has such curly hair on top and on the sides so the sides are now trimmed, there is still curls on the top f his head but he actually looks like more of a boy. Before people assumed he was a girl with the mass of curls on his head. Now it is just a little tamer.
    He even let Barbara put his 1st haircut Mickey ears on and kept it on. I was able to take a lot of good pics.*
    Afterward we went outside to take some more pics of him in front of the shop with his hat. We were then told the parade was coming out and to not step off the sidewalk so we decided to just stay there and watch. We all had a great time watching the parade and since we were the only ones in that area the characters all waved to my boys which Caden was beyond the moon about.*
    After the parade we wanted to take the train and head over to ride Dumbo. We go to the train, the train pulls in and everyone starts to go through. But instead of getting on the train everyone is exiting. When we got up to the cast member they said the train isn't running anymore. There is electrical activity in the area. All outdoor rides are currently closed. We then heard the thunder. So that plan was shot. We decided to go to Columbia Harbour House for lunch to wait out the storm.*
    We got there and then the rain started. Perfect timing!*
    We sat there and ate and it poured, lightning and thundered really bad!*
    We were in there for a long time. Then we decided to see if we could get to Its a Small World but the rain and thunder etc was so bad people were coming into the restaurant in droves.*
    So now we just waited off to the side and then when the rain let up a bit ran to the underpass into Fantasyland...waited there for a few because the thunder was so loud and so close we didn't want to get hit by lightning. We eventually ran over to IASW and quickly got the boys out and got on the ride. This was my son Caden's first ride and now because of the rain it is Hudson's first ride ever! This is one of Caden's favorites...next to Dumbo that is so he was so happy! Hudson was looking all around and at the end when he could actually hear the words of the song he went nuts! Started laughing and kicking and slapping his hands to his legs. I sing this all the time to him and he definitely recognized it!!!! it was too cute! I filmed him. Great memory to have on film for sure!*
    Because we weren't expecting it to rain I didn't have the protector for the stroller so we really couldn't stay in the park all day. Thankfully against my hubby's wishes I did bring our ponchos in my bag so we had those and because we do have the city mini double stroller the boys awnings covered them except their feet so it wasn't too bad but we wanted to head back to the room. Rain was light now but outdoor rides were still closed so we headed for the buses. The only good thing when it down pours like that the wait times for rides are not that bad as no one wants to walk to get to them.*
    We worked our way to the front of the park. *Waited a little while for our bus. There was a change of drivers, one ECV had to enter and then we finally were on our way back to AOA.*
    Got back to the room, had to change Caden's socks. They were soaked from the rain. I put on his crocs and since Hudson wanted to nap I told Caden I will take him to the arcade. I forgot it was raining so thankfully it was just a drizzle because I didn't have my umbrella. (I don't know how I forgot!)*
    The arcade was fun. Caden had a blast. He had some tickets to get prizes with. He got a car pencil sharpener but then he saw a piston cup but the cup was more points than what we had since he already had picked the car sharpener. Just as I was explaining to him that he would have to give the car back to get the piston cup and something else small, the cast member came up to him and said what does he want, The Piston Cup? I said yes and he goes well he can have that and the car. It was soooo incredibly nice of him! We thanked him a bunch of times and he was so happy. We stopped into The Landscape of Flavors and I got a drink. Of course my son found the penny machines and we found a Mater one and a Lightning McQueen one so we made those. Then we went back to the room to see if Hudson was asleep or awake.*
    On the walk back it was so slippery that Caden fell. Thankfully he did not get hurt. Later tonight I saw another kid fall and hit his head. The ground is super slippery here when wet. I almost slipped a few times too.*
    Hudson was awake upon our return. He had only slept 30 minutes.*
    The pools were open again (they had been closed for hours due to the lightning so Caden and Jay wanted to go swimming. It was drizzling out so Hudson and I just hung out in the room but Caden and Jay went over to the Nemo pool. Jay said it was so cool. When you are underwater you hear the music louder than you hear the music above the water. They have the music pumping underneath the water!!! Very cool feature. Hubby was amazed. They eventually got really cold so they headed back. It stopped raining at this point.*
    They changed into dry clothes and we *decided to head out to see the other buildings of the resort and take some pics.*
    The Lion King building is really nice too. We took pics by the statues. Then we went to the newly opened Little Mermaid section. It was neat. Definitely the value of the resort. Started to rain again.*
    Headed over to eat dinner again at the Landscape of Flavors. This time I got a meatball sandwich and my hubby got a yummy chicken type sandwich. My hubby eats very healthy and has been doing a great job finding pretty healthy things! The only thing is I can never remember what his stuff is called so I will have to do a separate post on dining for him.*
    We then decided to go to the room, get some diapers and head over to The Marketplace. Caden wanted to go play with Lego's. It stopped raining on the way to our car. *
    We got there, got to the lego store. Caden made a car and they had a couple of races with other kids. They had a blast. Hudson and I perused the store a bit and after about 40 minutes I wanted to go to other stores and Caden had to go potty. So I went into Trend D then we all met back up and went into Once Upon A Toy. Caden built a pirate potato head. A family left there Lego store bag on the Potato Head table right next to my son so thankfully I had looked at the little girl in the family and knew she had on a first visit pin and that she was with a man and a boy. I searched the store till I found her and took it right to her Dad. I asked him this is your bag right!!!??? He goes OMG!!! Thank you sooo much and he looked to his son and he goes this one is yours and then he looked at his daughter and he was like OMG where is yours!!!??? and she looked like she was going to cry and said I don't know where it is! The father started panicking and grabbed his cell phone and thanked me again and walked quickly out the store to look for the other missing bag. I hope they found it! That Lego stuff isn't cheap!*
    My hubby bought Hudson a Roo doll and Caden got some roll back cars and then we headed for Ghiradelli's. My hubby and I are big fans of the chocolate chip cookies here so we ordered them and sat outside to eat them.*
    Went for a few minutes into The World of Disney. Caden picked out another car from Cars that he surprisingly doesn't have and the minute he got into the stroller he was out like a light and Hudson soon followed. We headed to the car, got 2 sleeping boys in and went back to AoA.*
    Started raining again so I carried the sleeping baby and my hubby took sleeping Caden in the stroller. Back to the room and they are still out. I am heading to bed now.*
    More to come tomorrow!*
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report

Adorable idea getting your sons hair cut on main street!!!!!
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

You must have gotten some really cute pictures of the first haircut!! How sweet!!

Sounds like you encountered quite the storm!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the trip report! Too bad about the rain, but you sure made the most of it. Glad they were so generous at the arcade, what a special treat for your son!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of WDW magic despite the rain. Glad to read about the excitement over IASW for the little one. When my DD was 2, she sang the song from beginning to end each and every time we rode!
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

too bad about the rain, thanks for the report

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Smile