Quantcast NYC next week

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: NYC next week

Post Thanks / Like

Default NYC next week

I am starting to get a little nervous. I will be in NYC next Monday and Tuesday. I have a "ticket" for Live With Kelly Tuesday morning. Have to be at the studio, which is up by Central Park, by 8am Tuesday so I have to spend the night....alone...in NYC. Day trips don't bother me alone but I don't like spending the night anywhere alone (except WDW).

Probably won't leave the room after it gets dark Monday night. I am staying a couple blocks away in a Comfort Inn. Anyone familiar with the area know of a good spot for dining? I probably will explore the Central Park area and maybe go to a museum. I have ever made it past the area the Waldorf Astoria is in during our visits. We have stayed close to Times Square and normally go to a show.

Any suggestions?
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Katzateer, I'm so excited for you! After our trip to NYC this summer, we're just in awe & can't wait to return! I have no reccommendations on the dining part, as in that area we had lunch from a street vendor & enjoyed our lunch on the steps of the American Museum of Natural History - but how cool is that? The museum itself was only ok, if looking to visit a museum in that area I'd highly reccommend the Metropolitan Museum of Art, it was fantastic! I could've spent days in there! But if you are near a Crumbs Bakery, they have LOTS locations, I'm not sure where you're staying, so you could search the web before you go, but everything we had was very tastey!

Sending you some for a wonderful trip! I hope you have a Teriffic time! Please share with us how great it all was when you return! Enjoy!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tink#64 View Post
    I'd highly reccommend the Metropolitan Museum of Art, it was fantastic! I could've spent days in there! But if you are near a Crumbs Bakery, they have LOTS locations, I'm not sure where you're staying, so you could search the web before you go, but everything we had was very tastey!

Sending you some for a wonderful trip! I hope you have a Teriffic time! Please share with us how great it all was when you return! Enjoy!
    Thanks for the encouraging words. MOMA is high on my list and I have had 2 people recommend it this week so I think that will be my museum of choice. I also have a timed ticket for the Columbus statue an artist enclosed and you can view at the top.

I'll let you know how it goes. The weather looks beautiful for the next couple of days!

Wishes!

Post Thanks / Like

And I have discovered Crumbs - love the black and white cookies and various cupcakes! Besides NYC I have been to one at the train station in DC.

I think I am going to the Whole Foods in Columbus Circle to eat in the cafe on Monday. Tuesday after the show I am going to start walking towards Times Square and eat somewhere around there.

Wishes!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you have a great plan! I hope you have beautiful weather & a wonderful trip!
    Shari

'02 - All Star Movies

'13, '21 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Default NYC was amazing!!

I had a great trip to NYC and the weather was perfect!

The first day I had a timed ticket to see Discovering Columbus by Tatzu Nishi. It was really different and I enjoyed.

Then I went on a tour of Central Park. Lots of beautiful places to see there.

The next day I went to see Live With Kelly and Michael and that was a lot of fun. And I also got to go to Anderson Live and be in the audience. Carol Burnette, Tim Conway, and Vicki Lawrence were the guests It airs this Friday! I have a kelly green shirt on and there should be some shots I am in! It was a great show!

Wishes!

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! Sounds like a great trip! Your tour of Central Park, was it a self planned trip or a guided one? I loved CP & definitely want to see more of it next trip! We only managed to see most of what fell between 79th Street & Grand Army Plaza, I'd like to check out the North end next time! I'm setting my DVR for Kelly, I'm at work when it airs, so I want to check it out & see if I can spot you! Very cool! I'm planning to look into being in the outside audience for GMA our next trip, what's involved with those situations, did you have to have tickets?

So glad that you a had a great trip & the weather cooperated!
    Shari

'02 - All Star Movies

'13, '21 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I watched the Live With Kelly that was on Tuesday. I saw a quick sweep of the audience and saw my green shirt but it was very fast and they didn't really show much of the audience. So unless that is a repeat when they have a vacation it won't be on anytime I know of.

The show on Friday is Anderson Live and I think that one I will actually be on TV he spends a lot of time in/with the audience and my green shirt really stands out. I looked it up and it is on at 9am in the Philly area. I guess that is why I have never seen it. I don't watch a lot of tv and it is on at the same time as Live With Kelly and Michael, which I usually have on whenI am not at work

I researched Central Park tours. You can rent a bike or do walking guided tours. The park is so big I didn't want to do that. I was already walking a lot and have a bad knee......so the other options were a carriage ride or one of those bikes with seats on a little cart attached to the bike.

When I got to the central park area I talked to a young man and he said he can take 3 people on a ride. Since I was alone he gave me a discounted price. I told him I would be back in 2
    hours And gave me his cell phone number to let him know when I was back.

He was very nice and the tour was great. He let you get off 2 places to take pictures. I had a great time - it was about an hour.

He charged me $65 but I gave him $80. I don't see myself going into central park again but I got nice pictures and it was great!!

Wishes!

Post Thanks / Like

If I was with my family I would have done the carriage ride. They are decorated and the horses have flowers and some feather plumes on their heads and look so cool! I think they are over $200 but would be fun to do with more people.

My youngest and I did that in Chicago years ago after we went to the American Girl Place and we had the best time. We have also gone on a carriage ride at WDW through the campground at Christmas.

Wishes!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: