Quantcast Episode 39 - The Ladies Love Cetera

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Episode 39 - The Ladies Love Cetera

The INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast - Episode 39 The Ladies Love Cetera

The ladies love Cetera and a welcome to Christine Warner.

- The Fantasyland expansion. Christine gets a preview and walks us thru the new attraction in great detail.

- Gary is vindicated.

- Olivanders Wand Shop/Show

- Mrs. Tick Tock fail & Miagi Says

- Avatarland scrapped or on hold? Rumours are flying. Ian thinks it will never see the light of day.

- Universal and their expansion, Disney Studios Expansion.

- INTERCOT's Best Of - Breakfast. Christine: Whispering Canyon. Ian: Chef Mickey's. Carol: Kona. Gary: Akershus. Melanie: Ohana. John: Sara Lee Bakery.

- INTERCOT 15th Anniversary Celebration, Duffy T-shirt

- Show and Tell

- Ian wants 20 new BEST OF suggestions

- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

- Lion King Rooms at Art of Animation Resort. Carol is not a fan. The crew likes the Nemo and Cars rooms. The decor confuses us a bit.

- Mel's going back for some more Run Disney.

- Gary and the POV cam.

- Fantasmic adding seating & rumours. world of Color a good fit?

-Kilimanjaro Safari's welcoming new Zebra space

- Check out our YouTube channel with lots of new video at http://www.youtube.com/intercot
    - The podcast slowly grinds to a halt. It's time to go...

- We talk about the new Test Track

- Prime pick of the week - Lionel Richie's new album - http://goo.gl/2cS04

>> LISTEN, DOWNLOAD, SHARE, LOVE and WELCOME CHRISTINE!
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, you are getting these out fast lately! Thanks. I'm excited to listen tomorrow. And even more excited for October's meet!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to listen, you just made my long, very boring day at work so much better!!!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think we did a very good job getting our true thoughts across on the new Lion King rooms at Art of Animation.

Let us know what you think!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to point out that we're not necessarily recommending the Lionel Richie album. Just noting that if you CHOOSE to buy it you wouldn't have to pay for shipping with your Prime subscription. After John played the samples I wished he hadn't.

If you had Prime you could choose, instead, to watch the first couple of seasons of Fringe instead. That's a great use of your time and it's included with the yearly subscription. Then you could buy Lionel Richie's Greatest Hits and remember those hits they way they were meant to be remembered. Without Shania Twain.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Are you trying to get Pork to sponsor Intercot or something? You've really been porcinating us the last couple of shows.

I'm with John on the bacon thing: Not too crispy.
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

Listening to the podcast now, only about 35 minutes in, but a great way to start the week and props to John for editing it in about a week!! Christine aka "Cindy" (according to Ian) LOL. Great addition to the podcast! You mesh perfectly with the group!
    Kelly

Next Trip Feb 2022 SOG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDINK View Post
    Are you trying to get Pork to sponsor Intercot or something? You've really been porcinating us the last couple of shows.

What can we say? We love bacon!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDINK View Post

We fully believe in all of our sponsors, and use them personally. So The Pork Council will be a perfect fit. I will be happy to promote their products. Roasted, smoked, brined, marinated, fried, cured, grilled, sauced, rubbed, in any form, roasts, steaks, pulled, chops...

Call us, pork. We bring value.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

And I just wanted to point out, as I did on Twitter this morning, that with this episode, the ladies finally have equal representation on the panel. It's about time.

Girl Power!!

Post Thanks / Like

For Ian or who(m)ever, here are some my "Best of" suggestions for the podcasts:

1. Dealbreaker: What ride closure/refurb would cause you to change your travel dates so you could do it before of after the closure?
    2. Best film in Disney World? (Circle Visions, Norway exit, Impressions, EO, Philharmagic, etc.)
    3. Best Interactive display. (Phinnesa & Ferb, sounds dangerous exit, SE exit, SM queue, old rollercoaster builder at Communicore, etc.)
    4. Best boat ride or boat transportation.
    5. Best water park attraction.
    6. Best (and/or worst) attraction line/queue.
    7. Best attraction for adults and/or worst attraction for kids.
    8. Best attraction for kids and/or worst attraction for adults.
    9. Favorite time of year to visit.
    10. Ride or attraction you will never do again (once is enough).
    11. Best stage or dinner show (something with live actors) at Disney World.
    12. Best DVC property.
    13. Favorite lunch spot.

13 sounds like a good number to end on. I hope you find at least one of these that is interesting.

Thanks for the podcasts!

-Evan (DisneyDink)
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    What can we say? We love bacon!
    The best t-shirt I ever saw someone wearing was at Disneyland. It said "Bacon is Meat Candy."

It SO is. I haven't even listened to the podcast yet, but I want some bacon now...
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Another great one! I think it was the balance of guys and ladies! Loved Christine as the new voice! I loved listening to her talk about her FLE adventure.

Favorite breakfast...that's hard. I'm with Mel on Chef Mickey's. That place is always way too chaotic. I have a hard time concentrating on a good day, that place is total overload! Can't even think about having to eat in there.

I might have to say Crystal Palace, just because they have my single favorite breakfast food ever, Pooh's puffed french toast. it's amazing, and is the only reason I eat there nearly every trip. But even there I just need to eat and get out!

I also agree that the Lion King rooms are awful. There are just way too many patterns and colors in there. It's like they let a pack of 4 year old boys pick out one thing each to put in there. Nothing matches, and none of it is remotely attractive on it's own.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Best out-of-park experience? Best lunch? Best celebrity use in ride (like Ellen at Energy Adventure, or my personal favorite- Patrick Warburton on Soarin)?

My favorite breakfast, lobster eggs benedict at Grand Floridian Cafe. I have actually never been to Chef Mickey's, and while I feel I am missing out on an iconic Disney experience, Mel and Christine made me glad of it.

Ladies love Cetera? Really?
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    It's like they let a pack of 4 year old boys pick out one thing each to put in there.
    Oh, I love that Meg. Perfect, and yes, exactly what it seems like.

Post Thanks / Like

Listening to the podcast now... I just have to say... OHANA'S FOR LIFE!!! If I could come up with an emoticon with an Ohana gang sign, I would!

I need a flight of bacon!!! But, I do love my bacon crispy in the middle but, chewy edges.

I'll be back with my best of suggestions... I do love a challenge.
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Podcast, Christine! Loved your input and hearing about your FLE experience. I hope they are doing more soft openings and tests in October!

Breakfast in general is my favorite no matter where I am. But if I'm in Disney, it's hands down Kona Cafe. Love the press pot, macadamia nut pancakes, and this trip I am planning on getting Tonga Toast for the very first time!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Another great podcast and welcome to Christine.

I'm going to have to go with Mel on best breakfast. Experience wise Ohana is always a great time and unlimited Mickey waffles delivered to your table is a huge plus.

Food wise I really love Tusker House for breakfast. The character experience is decent. but there are some really great food choices.

I do have to agree with Gary that the potato casserole at Akershus is delicious, but no Mickey waffles and the price usually make it a pass for us.

And finally sorry Ian a big no to Chef Mickey's. Maybe the lack of sleep from all those kids is getting to you. At this point I only go there if specifically requested by one of my kids. Too loud and too hectic for me.

I'll try to be back later with some best of suggestions.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    I do have to agree with Gary that the potato casserole at Akershus is delicious, but no Mickey waffles and the price usually make it a pass for us.
    Now that my daughter is past the age of caring about what princesses she sees (well...mostly past...she still gets all excited over the characters, completely suspending disbelief as soon as we get there even though intellectually she knows the truth), we probably wont go back.

I'm a pancake guy, myself. In fact, I'm suspicious of anyone who doesn't make Mickey pancakes at home. I mean, easiest possible thing you can do. Heck, when I was single and living alone I still made them for myself. Because if it was good enough for my mom, it's good enough for everyone.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I like to think I add an innocence and wholesomeness to the group.
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero