Quantcast Beer and wine to be served at Be Our Guest

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Beer and wine to be served at Be Our Guest

The title says it all. I will post a link when it becomes available, but this is official.

Debate. I'll be back later with my personal thoughts on the matter. (In a nutshell, I have no problem with it.)
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my... that place is going to be packed and I may never be able to get an ADR there.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

Big news out of a press conference at WDW this afternoon - beer and wine will be sold during dinner hours at Be Our Guest. From what I'm seeing, you will not be able to get any alcohol "to go". Seems polling showed folks wanted fine wine, etc. to go with their fine dining experience at BOG.

So, what does everyone think? What would Walt think?

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the official word from Disney.

From Disney Parks Blog:

When it opens at Magic Kingdom Park on November 19, Be Our Guest Restaurant will magically drop guests into the world of Belle and the Beast with a whole new level of theming for a Disney restaurant. “More than ever, we’re using storytelling and creativity as we develop our menus,” says Maribeth Bisienere, vice president of Food & Beverage and Merchandise for The Walt Disney Company. “We’re continually creating magical experiences, and Be Our Guest Restaurant at New Fantasyland is the next step in the evolution.”

The storytelling starts with Walt Disney Imagineering, but it’s not long before the Food & Beverage team starts creating a menu to match the theatrics. This time, it’s all about the mysterious new Magic Kingdom Park castle that’s home to Beast from “Beauty and the Beast,” with a majestic Ballroom with 20-foot-tall ceilings, elegant chandeliers and a wall of 18-foot-tall windows that overlook the French countryside where a light snow is falling; the Rose Gallery, with a large music box centerpiece that’s almost 7 feet tall, with Belle and the Beast slowly twirling atop; and the forbidden, dramatic West Wing, with the warm glow of the Beast’s enchanted rose.

A team of Disney chefs, including longtime Disney Chef Roland Muller, a native of Alsace, France, has spent more than three years developing the French-inspired menu, creating both a quick-service menu for lunch and a more elegant table-service menu for dinner.

“Our role is to finish the story,” says Walt Disney World Executive Chef Lenny DeGeorge. And while the quick-service lunch is more of a French bistro, dinner is a more elegant affair with dishes themed to the film: a whole roasted hen, a pork rack chop, pan-seared salmon with leek fondue and saffron potatoes. Gourmet cupcakes and mousse-filled cream puffs are finished tableside.

And just for dinner, select wines and beers will be offered that complement the French-inspired cuisine.

“As part of the overall theming, we wanted to offer wine that enhances the guest experience and complements the French-inspired cuisine,” says Stuart McGuire, Beverage Director, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. “The wines focus primarily on France’s famous wine-growing regions, including Champagne, Alsace, Loire, Rhone, Burgundy and Bordeaux.

“We’ll also offer the leading French beer, Kronenbourg 1664,” says McGuire. “And, staying in the general region, we’ll also offer Belgian beers.”

Servers complete the picture, dressed in a style inspired by European fashions from the 1400s to the 1600s: a royal purple embroidered doublet, or vest, over a shirt with knickers that reach just below the knee. For evening service, a jabot or ruffle, buttoned at the throat, is added.

“From the moment they cross the bridge into the castle, it’s all about immersing our guests in the dining experience,” says Bisienere. “Every detail is part of the story.”

Added by Moderator Team

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting.... very very interesting!
    Brer_Fox

Disney Trips
    1988-2000 - 3 Trips Off Property

Oct 2005 - Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon)
    Oct/Nov2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    Oct/Nov2008 - Wilderness Lodge/ Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Oct/Nov 2012 - Beach Club Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

I guess that I am too much of a traditionist, but my thought is NOO!
    First visit 1976
    Offsite 1982/1985/2000
    Disneyland July 1996
    AKL 2002/Sept 2011
    Paradise Pier-DL July 2005
    Contemporary Sept 2006/Nov 2014
    Port Orleans-Riverside Sept 2008/July 2014/Nov 2018
    Port Orleans-FQ-Nov 2012
    Paradise Pier-DLH DL 2013/2015/2017 and D-23 Expo

Post Thanks / Like

Not a fan. Boo.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

With the "no" crowd definitely. I don't think it is necessary ~ fine dining with alcohol can be found at Epcot. Too many rides at MK for "indulging" guests to hoof their woofies on.

Very unfamily like. . . .
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

There's a part of me that says the Magic Kingdom should retain its "dry" tradition. The other part of me realistically comes to the conclusion that beer and wine at this location is no different from dining at Kona Cafe, the Wave, Narcoosee's and any of the other surrounding restaurants that serve alcoholic drinks before entering the Magic Kingdom with alcohol on board.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Big news out of a press conference at WDW this afternoon - beer and wine will be sold during dinner hours at Be Our Guest. From what I'm seeing, you will not be able to get any alcohol "to go". Seems polling showed folks wanted fine wine, etc. to go with their fine dining experience at BOG.

So, what does everyone think? What would Walt think?
    Well, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who would have skipped it in favor of a venue where I could get wine with dinner. I think it's awesome as long as it doesn't open the doors to bring alcohol into other areas of the MK. Wine or beer with dinner, not something most people go overboard on (though I have seen it). So... yeah, I'm cool with this.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

My first instinct was no. Don't break tradition and all that. But as I thought more about it, I agree with Linda. There are multiple close by restaurants that have wine & beer with dinner. I've eaten in several of them and never had problems with the others who were drinking.

I can also understand why this restaurant would be the right setting. As we've discussed in other threads,it is definitely more of a upscale fine dining experience and the courses are well suited to wine pairings. I don't think many people will go there just to drink. Let's be honest. There are plenty of places at WDW where you can do that. SO as long as the next step ins't beer stands throughout MK, I am okay with this.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I hate this. Hate this! This is a dry park, a kid friendly park. I personally have a problem with alcohol in general, but a few deaths in the family at the hand of a drunk can do that. Still, I don't get it. This isn't necesary - people will go to this place with wine or no wine. I guess my question is why do people NEED to have wine with their food?
    Last edited by John; 09-15-2012 at 08:37 PM.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I do love a good Pina Colada however I'm not much of a wine drinker. I have no qualms with this but I seriously doubt it will forever be confined to the BOG venue.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

No problem with this at all... The other three parks serve it... If someone doesn't want a glass of wine with their dinner, the simple solution is don't order it... No one is forcing you too...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Any chef will tell you that certain foods and wines go together. It's a relationship-- they can enhance and compliment the flavors in each. Having a glass of wine with dinner is not about getting a buzz. It's about getting a full sensory experience from a lovely meal.

I'm sorry for your losses, but it's also a little offensive to equate people who have a glass of wine with dinner to people who lose control, go out, and get behind the wheel. There are plenty of people who drink and do so responsibly. In fact, statistically, we're in the majority.
    Last edited by John; 09-15-2012 at 08:37 PM. Reason: softened
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I have no qualms with it. Sounds like you are only going to be ordering alcohol with dinner. I highly doubt someone will be getting sloshed during dinner then going for a ride on pirates. It's not like Epcot where you are going to be able to drop by and just buy a beer and be on your way. I don't drink alcohol with dinner usually anyway, but I don't see an issue with letting someone have a glass or two with dinner.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Wine/Beer with dinner is fine.

Wine/Beer stands throughout the park is not fine. I definitely do not want that to start.
    WDW '87 POLYNESIAN
    WDW '94 OKW
    WDW '95 OKW
    WDW '97 OKW
    WDW '99 OKW
    WDW '99 OKW
    WDW '01 OKW
    WDW '02 OKW
    WDW '04 OKW

WDW '06 SARATOGA SPRINGS
    WDW '07 OKW
    WDW '08 OKW
    WDW '09 OKW/SARATOGA SPRINGS
    WDW '12 OKW/BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    This is a dry park, a kid friendly park.
    So the presence of alcohol at the table suddenly makes the park inappropriate for children? I understand that you have a personal opposition to alcohol, and I respect that. But there's nothing wrong with adults having a glass of wine with dinner, even with kids around. I just don't think you're making a fair leap.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess this is just the next phase of moving away from the original foundation set by Walt Disney.

What would Walt think?

Walt would think what he's been thinking for years - the Walt Disney Company is forsaking the original premise of the park all in the name of PROFIT.

Believe me, if alcohol wasn't one of the most profitable things you can sell in individual units, we would not be having this conversation.

The quarter numbers are now more important than the original mission of the park. A shift in ethics and purpose in the park for increased revenue.

New Rule: "No alcohol in MK, well, except when we can really increase the average spent at restaurant that cost a lot to build. While we're at it, why don't we sell beverages that resemble beer to the kids for $3.50 a pop."
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Like others have mentioned, it's inconceivable that anyone is going to go to BoG specifically to get sloshed. If you don't like alcohol with your meal (which I don't either), then don't order it. I've never understood the rigid dry attitude that people have for MK.

-Josh

Offsite (4x) and Polynesian (1x) 1988-96
    Pop Century May 2005
    Port Orleans French Quarter May 2008
    Pop Century December 2008
    Port Orleans French Quarter May 2009
    Coronado Springs March 2010
    Pop Century December 2012!!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: