Quantcast Pin advice - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pin advice

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Hungarian View Post
    Thanks, Marci!
    That sounds like good advice. She will only want certain characters and "pretty" pins. She would not care if one had more "value" than another.
    This is the joy of trading. There is something in it for everyone.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4us2 View Post
    I guess we are the un-savory traders. We set up our bags at Disneyland. It is not a blood sport for us, but lots of fun. It brings my shy DD out of her shell and she enjoys trading with other guests and traders. We have met a lot of great guest traders at the Frontierland barrels. My DD will bend over backward to trade for what someone has on their lanyard. To her it is just another pin to trade off. A one for one trade.

Yes... there are some that are out for blood. We stay away from those traders. We know which ones are sharks and the ones who are not. You do have to be cautious. If someone does not like the trade they can just walk away from it.

Because of trading with other guest traders, my DD's collection has grown into a lot of really nice pins. We also learned a lot about the pins from the guest traders.

I wouldn't stay away from the guest traders. Just be prepared to walk away or have your trade rejected by the guest trader. You never know what treasure you will come away with trading with a guest trader.
    I certainly wasn't referring to what you describe you do. I am speaking of the hard blood lust ones. Some of which have tried to trade me bogus pins pushing them off as real pins figuring I was either a new trader or didn't know what to look for. Those are definitely the unsavory ones. Lol
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Extend the magic of pin trading at home... Google " pin pics". It is a great website where you can catalog your collections, traders, and find people who would like to trade for specific pins. I have done many trades through the mail. It's great fun to find Disney pins in the mailbox!

Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update

I forgot to do an update after we returned from our trip.

Mom loved pin trading! She had the most fun going from one CM to another. One MGR at HS has became her friend over our many trips. The MGR saw that mom had started trading and had CM's line up to trade with mom. She loved this!!!

By the end of our trip, mom was up to 80 pins. She then discovered the joy of giving them away. She was giving pins to children with Birthday buttons on and to children with only a few pins on their lanyards. I think she enjoyed giving them as much as trading them.

She did trade with 2 other guests during the trip. I was worried that guests might try to pull one over on mom. Well that was not the case. In fact the 2 people that traded with her traded their best pins for mom's ordinary trading pins. And they refused my objections to this.

Knowing what I know now about how my mom likes trading and giving away pins; I just bought her 100 more pins for our trip next month.

Thank you to all, for all of the help and information
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

That is awesome!! Thanks for the update!! and 100 more pins!! woooohooo!! Care to share? lol
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so happy that your mother enjoyed the pin trading. Sounds like it is something else that will make the World fun for her.

Post Thanks / Like

Sean, That is so cool. I am glad your mom had discovered the magic of pins. They are certainly addicting.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I little intimidated...

I love looking at the books of pins that the hardcore traders bring, but I have to admit that it IS a bit daunting to attempt a trade with those really dedicated traders. Most of them have been very pleasant, though.
    29 trips to WDW and counting, and Four Disney cruises so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget Vinylmation trading! That's a whole other addiction..
    Pimpin aint dead.... its just renamed.... Frozen.

Post Thanks / Like

we love to pin trade as a family. We started when our daughter was 4 yrs old at DL and she did not care what the pin was worth she just wanted to trade for what she liked. Our last trip to WDW my daghter was 8 and she started putting together sets. We have had some of the sharks actually push her out of the way as a castmember was handing her a pin to try to take the pin from her, and we have had one try to trade her junk for her best pins. The other side of the spectrum was a day at epcot. We were waiting outside for the gate to open for the princess breakfast and an older couple waiting for a segway tour started talking to us about pins, they showed us their pins and gave us tips on where to find the best ones, ones to look for, and even gave my daughter one of their duplicates that was hard to find. They had 1 pin to go in a set that they wanted to finish and had not seen it in 6 months of looking and I so wish we had gotten contact info from them as we saw the pin that afternoon and was hoping we would run into them again but never did.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: