Quantcast DVC Members Getting HUGE Discount on Premium Annual Pass

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DVC Members Getting HUGE Discount on Premium Annual Pass

I'm beginning to really like this new DVC Senior Vice President Claire Bilby.... She seems to understand the DVC members need to be treated more like "family" instead of cash cows that Jim Lewis treated us as...

Beginning October 1 and ending December 31 2012, DVC members will be able to purchase a Premium WDW Annual Pass for only $399... That is a savings of $300 off the actual price...

Premium Annual Passes gives holders access to all four theme parks, both water parks, DisneyQuest, ESPN Wide World of Sports, and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course...

And the best part... You can purchase the pass during this time and it doesn't take affect until the first time the ticket is used...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if this counts with upgrading an existing ticket and/or towards upgrading to a coast to coast ticket?

For example. I have already purchased a 7 day park hopper for my trip this November. When I'm there in November can I go to the ticket booth at some point and upgrade to a WDW annual pass for the difference in value between the ticket I have and the $399? In that respect can I then turn around and upgrade that annual pass to a coast to coast ticket?
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

dizneyFreak2002
    And the best part... You can purchase the pass during this time and it doesn't take affect until the first time the ticket is used...
    But it has to be activated by Dec 31, correct? I'm confused by MS post...it says, buy it, save it but then it must be redeemed by Dec 31?? In my case my pass expires in Feb so I'm not sure.
    Insider's Tip: A Premium Annual Pass certificate is not activated as a ticket until it is used the first time. So, if you've already purchased an Annual Pass, you can still take advantage of this offer by purchasing it now (between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31, 2012), but waiting to activate it until after your current pass has expired. Passes purchased on this offer must be redeemed by December 31, 2013.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad it is only for WDW passes. We only get $20.00 off the price of a pass at Disneyland.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    Does anyone know if this counts with upgrading an existing ticket and/or towards upgrading to a coast to coast ticket?

For example. I have already purchased a 7 day park hopper for my trip this November. When I'm there in November can I go to the ticket booth at some point and upgrade to a WDW annual pass for the difference in value between the ticket I have and the $399? In that respect can I then turn around and upgrade that annual pass to a coast to coast ticket?
    I know with a regular DVC AP I was told to upgrade to the 2park ticket, I would have to pay the difference between DVC AP & AP, then upgrade to the Premier Passport.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    dizneyFreak2002

But it has to be activated by Dec 31, correct? I'm confused by MS post...it says, buy it, save it but then it must be redeemed by Dec 31?? In my case my pass expires in Feb so I'm not sure.
    Looks like a phone call to DVC Guest Services is in order... I was always under the assumption that the ticket isn't activated until first use... Hmmm, I may have to call to verify...

EDIT: Looks like it has to be redeemed by the end of 2013, not 2012... Hmm, still going to call..

EDIT EDIT: Lynn, to answer your question, direct from member services, you can purchase the Premium AP between October 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012... You have until December 31, 2013 to redeem the voucher... So, not only do you get a Premium AP for less than a regular AP, you'll beat any price increases next year too!!!

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any plan to discount regular AP's? Since this will make a premium cheaper than a regular?
    Sep '15 - VWL/3 night Cruise on Dream
    Jan '15 - BLT and Vero Beach
    Jan '14 - Disneyland Hotel
    Sept '13 - AKL
    Jun '13 - Pop Century
    Dec '12 - Saratoga Springs
    Feb '12 - Port Orleans FQ
    '10 - AS Music
    '08 - Pop Century
    '05 - Contemporary
    '03 - Carribean Beach
    '96 - offsite
    '95 - offsite

Post Thanks / Like

WOW that is great!!!!
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

We just renewed our Premium APs about 2-3 weeks ago. Got the voucher cards in the mail last week for the renewals. Would I be able to purchase new PAPs at the discounted price and activate them on our November trip, hold onto the renewal vouchers we just got, and then cash in those vouchers next year without having to pay for a renewal? Do renewal vouchers have to be exchanged within a certain amount of time after you purchase them?
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

My hubby was planning on buying an annual on Monday upon arrival. Why are they only offering this starting Oct 1st? Geez....this is a really great deal! But it stinks we leave right before it is offered but are buying an annual pass. Ugh.
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post

EDIT: Looks like it has to be redeemed by the end of 2013, not 2012... Hmm, still going to call..
    Thanks, and to think I read it over and over and missed the year.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    Is there any plan to discount regular AP's? Since this will make a premium cheaper than a regular?
    Nope... No other AP discount... Just whatever the current discount is... Only the Premium is being sold under this special offer...

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Thanks, and to think I read it over and over and missed the year.
    Eh, no worries... Just wanted to make sure, that's why I called... Wanted to make sure the 2013 date was correct.. it is.. I'm tempted... I haven't owned a WDW AP for 2 years now... My issues: I don't visit the water parks... But, still this deal makes it cheaper than the regular AP, and I won't be heading back til next year, so i can beat any price increases for next year... Really need to do some thinking about this...

Post Thanks / Like

They also announced an ongoing 10% discount on purchases.

2.October 1 will also mark the launch of a new ongoing Member perk – 10% off merchandise** at all Disney owned and operated merchandise locations at Parks and Resorts at Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney's Vero Beach Resort, Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort and Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai'i.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joannelet View Post
    My hubby was planning on buying an annual on Monday upon arrival. Why are they only offering this starting Oct 1st? Geez....this is a really great deal! But it stinks we leave right before it is offered but are buying an annual pass. Ugh.
    I wonder if you could purchase non-expiring park hoppers for this trip and then after October 1, upgrade them to premium APs?
    Donna

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    They also announced an ongoing 10% discount on purchases.
    Missed that... Kind of makes it even more attractive to buy this pass, doesn't it?? I mean, I know it is only 10% and covers the cost of the added tax, but 10% is better than nothing...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Missed that... Kind of makes it even more attractive to buy this pass, doesn't it?? I mean, I know it is only 10% and covers the cost of the added tax, but 10% is better than nothing...
    I didn't think the discount was tied to the purchase of the premium pass but, rather, will be a perk just for being a DVC member. Did I misread it?
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    I didn't think the discount was tied to the purchase of the premium pass but, rather, will be a perk just for being a DVC member. Did I misread it?
    Hmm, me thinks another call to Member Services??? LOL... Does seem like it is not tied to the pass... I read the memo again... Your membership will get you 10%, not the pass...

Post Thanks / Like

DH has a PAP & the merchandise discount is 20%!!

Thanks for posting this news! You made my night! Our passes are expiring 10/12 & now we ALL can get PAPs (currently just dh does for the golf and DD has a Fl resident after 2pm water park AP. This will be GREAT!

THANKS SO MUCH!!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

From DVC website:

From October 1 through December 31, 2012, Members will be able to purchase a Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass for just $399 (that's a savings of $300 off the regular price!)*. Premium Annual Passholders enjoy unlimited admission to four Theme Parks, a year's worth of unlimited access to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park and Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Parks, DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course (greens fees only) and more!
    Insider's Tip: A Premium Annual Pass certificate is not activated as a ticket until it is used the first time. So, if you've already purchased an Annual Pass, you can still take advantage of this offer by purchasing it now (between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31, 2012), but waiting to activate it until after your current pass has expired. Passes purchased on this offer must be redeemed by December 31, 2013.
    October 1 will also mark the launch of a new ongoing Member perk – 10% off merchandise** at all Disney owned and operated merchandise locations at Parks and Resorts at Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney's Vero Beach Resort, Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort and Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai'i.
    Visit dvcmember.com on October 1 for more details!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Another great reason to join DVC, I am so ready!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: