Quantcast Can you pool hop from Pop to AoA?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Can you pool hop from Pop to AoA?

Looked in older posts but didn't see this question. Are Pop Century and Art of Animation considered sister resorts where you can pool hop, like Riverside and French Quarter?
    last trip AKL may '06
    first trip 1973

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think so. I really hope not.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

No, they aren't.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pool Hopping

I would think that they are trying to prevent this from happening. The Big Blue Pool should be a perk for the AOA guests in my opinion.
    Jen
    Massachusetts

October 1995 - Carribean Beach

November 2007 - All Star Movies

August 2016 - All Star Music/Port Orleans Riverside

August 2019 - All Star Music/Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

They are not considered sister resorts, which means guests do not have pool-hopping privileges, whether you want to or not. Disney policy specifically states that's not allowed.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

There is a gate around the Big Blue Pool. It requires you to tap your room key to enter. AoA uses RFID encoded room keys, so only AoA guests can gain entry to the pool area. It is not considered Pop Century's "Sister Resort".
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

When I made reservations for pop the other day the reservation lady told me to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disney obsessed View Post
    When I made reservations for pop the other day the reservation lady told me to do it.
    Unfortunately, sometimes Cast Members don't know their own policies.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

I was not trying to buck the system, I was simply asking because i do not see the information anywhere else, including on the wdw website.
    last trip AKL may '06
    first trip 1973

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mac badger View Post
    I was not trying to buck the system, I was simply asking because i do not see the information anywhere else, including on the wdw website.
    No problem! It was a fair question. We just try to be careful here about not allowing discussion from those who DO try to talk about way to circumvent the policies.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Well, that's the thing with the internet, you never can tell what someone's tone is. But I've been a very frequent visitor to WDW so I know the regular pool rules, just was wondering if these 2 resorts shared since they are so close together. However, I will definitely be visiting the food court at AoA as that looks very good, and I'm so happy that there is finally somewhere to walk to over that bridge!
    last trip AKL may '06
    first trip 1973

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mac badger View Post
    Well, that's the thing with the internet, you never can tell what someone's tone is. But I've been a very frequent visitor to WDW so I know the regular pool rules, just was wondering if these 2 resorts shared since they are so close together. However, I will definitely be visiting the food court at AoA as that looks very good, and I'm so happy that there is finally somewhere to walk to over that bridge!
    I just got back from a 14-day stay at Pop Century, and I enjoyed having the chance to also explore Art of Animation and to dine at Landscapes of Flavor.

The pools at Art of Animation were gated and for guests of that resort only. I would have liked to try their pools, but I can see why they don't allow it. Both resorts are pretty big, so I imagine the pools at Art would be too crowded if guests from both sides were allowed to use them.

Have fun and enjoy your stay at Pop Century.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

For what it's worth, I think Pop has a better pool.

The AoA pool is really nothing special. Honestly.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Just what I was getting ready to say. While in WDW in July we took a morning to go check out the new resort. I saw the pools at AoA in person and I honestly don't see what all the hype is about. Sure it's a big pool, but nothing else jumped out at me as making it anything special. Just an overly themed Nemo pool area and a large sized pool.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

....I have to agree...regarding the pool....and the resort in general. (I will have to give you that AoA has the suites ..bigger rooms ...can accommodate a family ...is new ...yadda...yadda).

....let me expand on my answer regarding AoA. I just stayed at POP (8/25 to 9/3) ...at the same time my brother and his family stayed at AoA. They went into the pool a few times, and though they liked it, they weren't "blown away". They came over to POP to see us and used the pool there a few times, and liked it. (they also like POP's food court better...but that's a different story) Also...when I told my brother that I couldn't just "walk over and use the AoA pool", he said, "Why Not? The 'gate' is never closed". Now...I don't know if that was an anomaly ....or that a Cast Member messed up ...or if it was that AoA WAS EMPTY when we were there.

(....there was no way they were at full occupancy...and a cast member told me so ...because when my brother checked in at AoA he told the person at the desk that we were staying at POP...and were going to show them around / help them because they have an autistic 16 yr old. When that was made known...the AoA concierge was going to upgrade us from POP to AoA ...no charge, so we could be closer to my brother. So...I know they don't do that when they are 'full'.)

...it's nice pool...but maybe just not, "that nice"?
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDad View Post
    [/I]Also...when I told my brother that I couldn't just "walk over and use the AoA pool", he said, "Why Not? The 'gate' is never closed". Now...I don't know if that was an anomaly ....or that a Cast Member messed up ...or if it was that AoA WAS EMPTY when we were there.
    The gate does not automatically swing shut, and it is not "manned" by CM's at all. It is a safety style gate where you have to actually close the door once you are in (to prevent smashed fingers). It's the GUESTS that are to blame for not closing the gate. When we were at the pool, the gate was closed when we arrived, and we made sure to close it after entering. At Disneyland, they use SUPER HEAVY auto close gates that swing shut with enough force to actually lock.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at pop in august/September and wandered over to AOA to check out the resort and the pools.
    Like the nemo section and the pool. Very cute. I don't like how there are no balconies. (I realize there aren't any at pop either but at least the doors are on the outside whereas the doors in AoA are on the inside.) Only windows faced the pool. Like the outdoor walkways leading to rooms better.
    Thought the theming was really cute but considering I'm all set with pop and all star, probably won't be staying here either
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

My kids loved the Pop pools. For some reason, they loved the Bowling Pin Pool the best. I didn't look too closely at the pools at Art, but I kind of felt the gates detracted from the ambiance a bit.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sister resort

It is to me. It is a belated development of the POP resort. We have all been waiting and watching for the completion of POP.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LVT View Post
    It is to me. It is a belated development of the POP resort. We have all been waiting and watching for the completion of POP.
    yeah. Why have the bridge to connect them if they aren't?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: