Quantcast How far have you gone for food?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How far have you gone for food?

Not like a full meal, of course, but how far across the parks/WDW have you gone for a little treat? Maybe just that rare good cup of coffee or a Dole Whip Float?

I ask because I have concluded that on our next trip we are absolutely taking the time to go to Pop Century (where I would otherwise have no desire to go) to have the new "King" cupcake.... the Elvis-inspired confection that is a chocolate cupcake with banana filling, peanut butter icing, and candied bacon and chocolate drizzle on top. It seems ridiculous to commit so much to getting a cupcake, But I mean DID YOU READ WHAT THAT THING CONSISTS OF??

How far have you gone for a tasty bite?
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well...I just added a expedition to get one of those insanely amazing cupcakes on my upcoming trip! Also the most insane thing we've done for Disney snacks is the day we left we ran to get a last minute school bread from Norway (My personal drug addiction) and I totally forgot you couldnt get it through security, so we are in line for security and I'm woofing this thing back, I had cream from nearly ear to ear when we made it up to the lady who checks your ID and she just laughed and handed me a paper towel, told me she admired my determination and was now hungry.
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

No matter where we are staying, we trek over to the Polynesian to get Tonga Toast for breakfast. We try to make it on a day that we are going to the MK, but it doesn't always work out that way. We have gone from the Pop to the Poly and then over to AK for the day!
    Debbie
    Feb 87- off site/Nov 98-Poly
    98- Disney Magic Inaugural Cruise
    Jul 03-off site
    Sept 05/Aug. 11/Nov '20 -Pop Nov 08-POR
    Aug 09/May 10-ASMu
    Nov. 09-Disneyland/California Adv.
    Aug. 12- OKW
    Aug 13 SS
    Oct 14 AKL/AoA
    Oct. 18 POP
    Aug 19- Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Well...I just added a expedition to get one of those insanely amazing cupcakes on my upcoming trip! Also the most insane thing we've done for Disney snacks is the day we left we ran to get a last minute school bread from Norway (My personal drug addiction) and I totally forgot you couldnt get it through security, so we are in line for security and I'm woofing this thing back, I had cream from nearly ear to ear when we made it up to the lady who checks your ID and she just laughed and handed me a paper towel, told me she admired my determination and was now hungry.
    I have taken food through security before - just no liquids. Was it the cream that would keep you from getting through? Just wondering....
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cer View Post
    I have taken food through security before - just no liquids. Was it the cream that would keep you from getting through? Just wondering....

I'm not really sure, they were taking peoples oranges and stuff up ahead of me so I jumped into action just to make certain, can't lose my last fix before at least a year away!!
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

To AKL for Zebra Domes. And I have also brought some on the plane for home.
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

My out of the way trip was for school bread too. The family and I were at The Seas with Nemo and I would not leave the park without it. I had a very full dinner at Coral Reef and was not hungry at the time. When we go back to the our hotel room I put the box with the school bread in our cooler. I was hoping to have it for breakfast. When I was doing laundry that night one of the kids dumped it out of the box and into the ice while getting a juice box. All the ice melted and I was left with a soggy mess. Then the next mornning I made everyone go back to Epcot even though we were supposed to be at the Studios. We rode the boat from the international gateway so it wasn't really out of the way, right?

I have been a huge fan of school bread since the early nineties. When I was on the College Program I worked at the Grand Floridian. If I got off work early enough I would ride the monorail over to Epcot just to get School Bread.

Once I was in a long line at the bakery and noticed that there was only one left. I was so worried that someone else would buy it. I was with my mother and she just laughed and laughed about my aniexty over it.

I have a recipe that is pretty close.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

That cupcake looks amazing! I hope it's worth the trip, but I'm actually staying there in October so I will try it then and report back. I would go out of my way for the right food, though.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I am so excited to hear about this cupcake. I think DH and DSs will love it. Thanks.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneynarula View Post
    I made everyone go back to Epcot even though we were supposed to be at the Studios. We rode the boat from the international gateway so it wasn't really out of the way, right?
    That is devotion!
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

Post Thanks / Like

have gone from the poly to AKL for Zebra Domes...and way back in the day when you couldn't get big boxes of coconut mickey heads at all the resorts we went from the Pop to the Poly.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

I ran 26.2 miles to eat at Ohana many times in the past.

Post Thanks / Like

I have driven off-site over to Kissimmee to get a sack of Krystal burgers and brought them back to our room for a late-night supper. Sometimes I just get a craving for them and have to have some. Wish there was someplace in WDW to get them.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Another note about the King cupcakes-- apparently, they are known to sell out early in the day, so go early.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I booked a 14-day stay at Pop Century this past summer because I simply had to try the Tie-Dye Cheesecake.

I am currently planning my next trip around the sole purpose of maximizing my intake of Zebra Domes.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

I once went from the Contemporary all the way to the Boardwalk bakery by way of monorail to Epcot then walking through the IG, just for a cheesecake brownie.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

While I was on KS at AK with my mother. She decides she has to have a cream cheese stuffed pretzel. I had to wheel her out of the park onto a bus to HS then wheel all the way back to the Osbourne Lights section to get her a PRETZEL!
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

we once got in at 9pm at the pop. I took a bus to epcot, not sure why epcot, because it's in every park, just to have a frozen bananna. then came back and went to bed.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

I've made an extra trip in the early morning to MK to grab a cinnamon roll from the Main Street bakery. Well worth it.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

We always eat at the AKL and we always use WDW buses to get there.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: