Quantcast Good place to buy used pins?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good place to buy used pins?

I'm not into nor do I plan on getting into Disney Pin trading, but we have an upcoming trip after Thanksgiving and I thought for my 3 DD (ages 10-7-5) that having a lanyard with pins they can trade and I could care less about, might make for an enjoyable experience, especially if we are queue waiting and they can interact with CM's.

I know on Ebay it looks like you can get a lot of 25 pins for a reasonable price. Any thoughts on this or other venues? I check our regional Craigslistings but have only seen more commerative pin sets and not bulk selling.

Thanks for the help.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say EBAY is your best bet. You can usually find sellers selling lots of 25 and upwards of pins.

I have done this in the past and even got a few pins to keep.

Pin trading is a lot of fun and I hope your DD has a blast.
    Brer_Fox

Disney Trips
    1988-2000 - 3 Trips Off Property

Oct 2005 - Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon)
    Oct/Nov2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    Oct/Nov2008 - Wilderness Lodge/ Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Oct/Nov 2012 - Beach Club Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I get ours at mousepins.com you'll probably find them on ebay. I think that is where I ordered from the first time.
    Claudie

Disney Dream Cruise October 2011
    Grand Californian 2010
    Saratoga Springs/3 day Bahama Cruise 2009
    Animal Kingdom Lodge 2008 (DVC)
    POR August 2007
    CBR January 1991
    WDW offsite 1987
    Disneyland 2 times

Post Thanks / Like

I always get them from eBay and have never had an issue. I make sure to check the seller's rating and items sold, and where they're selling from. You want to make sure you get authentic Disney pins.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Also, depending on how fast you need them, pay attention to where they ship from. It could take a while to get pins delivered from China.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

If you have a Disney outlet store near you that could be another option. I got some cheap pins for the kids to trade from one. Turns out they really liked them and didn't want to trade them! Go figure.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I get my traders on Ebay from only one seller, real.cool.stuff. He has his auctions for 26 pins, 25 + 1 free. I have not had any problems with this seller and he ships quickly.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4us2 View Post
    I get my traders on Ebay from only one seller, real.cool.stuff. He has his auctions for 26 pins, 25 + 1 free. I have not had any problems with this seller and he ships quickly.
    Thanks Marci, I will look for this seller. The girls don't know yet that we are going, so I was thinking about surprising them with a bunch of pins and then when they start wondering why they got them, we can tell them "isn't it obvious..so you can trade them while you are at Disney World".

Ebay seemed liked the most obvious choice but good to get other opinions/options.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I also got some from real.cool.stuff. I researched them before and after I got the pins. Two of the 25 were heavily traded previously but the rest are good. DH and I are even keeping three of them. We are looking forward to trading and meeting new people.
    Laura
    VMK: CL_MissAstroCat

Jan 1982-1992-OS • July 1993 - DL Paris • June 1995-ASM • Mar 1998-OS • Jan 2001-OS • Dec 2005- POFQ • Jan 2007- POFQ & Dolphin • Mar 2008- CB • Aug 2008 - Poly • Nov 2012 - POR • Nov 2014 - CSR&AKL • Mar 2015 - POFQ & HilBV • May 2015 - ASSp • Mar 2016 - CB & HilBV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missastrocat View Post
    I also got some from real.cool.stuff. I researched them before and after I got the pins. Two of the 25 were heavily traded previously but the rest are good. DH and I are even keeping three of them. We are looking forward to trading and meeting new people.
    I just got my pin order from the auctions I won from real.cool.stuff $50 pins for less than $25, so was happy with that.

I wouldn't know or begin to know if a pin is heavily traded or not (are you talking about condition?). I plan on laying the 50 out and then let each of my three girls pick one out until they are gone and then we'll get lanyards and they can trade or keep. Not going to get sucked into another collecting hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    I just got my pin order from the auctions I won from real.cool.stuff $50 pins for less than $25, so was happy with that.

I wouldn't know or begin to know if a pin is heavily traded or not (are you talking about condition?). I plan on laying the 50 out and then let each of my three girls pick one out until they are gone and then we'll get lanyards and they can trade or keep. Not going to get sucked into another collecting hobby.

It doesn't matter if the pin is heavily traded unless your trading with non cast members.. the great thing about cast members is they don't buy their pins or have any attachment to them as long as it wont leave a double on their lanyard they will trade with you... The other thing that you have to be careful with is the reviews on eBay. if your seeing the word scrappers often and the seller doesn't respond to them don't buy from them most likely they can get you those prices because they are not getting them straight from Disney but from china....
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: