Quantcast Detergent Packs

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Detergent Packs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Detergent Packs

Has anyone used the Tide Pods or All Mighty Packs while at WDW?

We were thinking of doing a load or two of laundry while we are at the pool and I was wondering how they worked for ya.

Any trouble with them on the plane? Did you put them in a check or carry on bag? Did they get your clothes clean?

Never did laundry at wdw this is a whole new world for me. Any help is appreciated !!!
    Love my Pittsburgh Penguins and Penn State Nittany Lions !!!!

October 08 - Honeymoon CBR
    Wilderness Lodge- October 2010

CBR - Oct 2012
    Beach Club - Sept 2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BraddyB View Post
    Has anyone used the Tide Pods or All Mighty Packs while at WDW?

We were thinking of doing a load or two of laundry while we are at the pool and I was wondering how they worked for ya.

Any trouble with them on the plane? Did you put them in a check or carry on bag? Did they get your clothes clean?

Never did laundry at wdw this is a whole new world for me. Any help is appreciated !!!
    I haven't used the pods however I have used the Purex (?) sheets. They're all in one, detergent, fabric softener combos. You don't need to worry about the plane because it's basically a dryer sheet. They seemed to work well when we took them to WDW.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

These Purex sheets are no longer available ! Company quit making them.

Post Thanks / Like

No wonder I couldn't find the sheets in the store...I'm going to try the liquid cube thingies for our next trip,
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

I used the Tide pods last trip, and they worked perfectly! (Btw, loved those Purex sheets, they were my favorite for down there... )

Can't comment on the plane question, as we drove the time I had them, but I would think they'd be fine... if you take them out of the box to conserve space, I'd just double-bag them, or take them in your carry on.

(and be sure to bring lots of quarters! )
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how these would handle the pressure changes on a plane, as they seem to be ready to burst right out of the package. I just bought some last week and have been using them at home with great results. But, I'd be worried they would explode during air transit.

Method makes a TINY squirt bottle of ultra concentrated detergent for travel purposes. It has enough detergent for 8 loads. The bottle comes sealed up really well and there is no way it would be a problem on a plane. We used this on our recent cruise. Loved it and the detergent is good for either standard or HE machines! Found this bottle at Target.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sara114 View Post
    I searched and searched for the Purex sheets for our July/Aug. trip. We've used those in the past and loved them. I ended up bringing a 10 count bag of the Tide pods and they worked great. Not sure about flying, we drove, but our clothes came out clean and smelled good.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Love using laundry sheets while traveling.
    Here in Canada we have Purex 3 in 1 sheets available at most stores.

A quick check shows they are available online at Walmart.com
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard people say that the pods travel well, though I've never traveled with them. I would put them in a ziploc baggie in case and maybe tuck them in a shoe or something for extra cushioning/protection.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Purex is what we've been using. I didn't know they had discontinued them. I had read a recent report that they've had some problems with the pods - in that toddlers think they are candy. I'll switch to them if I have to but the sheets are must more convenient!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    I had read a recent report that they've had some problems with the pods - in that toddlers think they are candy.
    OT, but I cannot believe this is actually happening. I read this same thing. First of all, those packs are HUGE. Way too big for a toddler to just "swallow" whole. And, what is wrong with parents/caregivers? A laundry room is NOT a place for kids to play in. If they stop selling these pods for this reason, I might scream. I am so tired of companies having to bend to the will of irresponsible parents.

Okay, back to the original topic.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    OT, but I cannot believe this is actually happening. I read this same thing. First of all, those packs are HUGE. Way too big for a toddler to just "swallow" whole. And, what is wrong with parents/caregivers? A laundry room is NOT a place for kids to play in. If they stop selling these pods for this reason, I might scream. I am so tired of companies having to bend to the will of irresponsible parents.

Had to chime in to say I totally agree with you on all points. I will be extremely disappointed if they discontinue these for that reason alone. I raised two kids, and it's not that hard to keep hazardous household supplies out of reach. I know accidents happen, but 9 times out of 10 it's probably due to poor, or should I say lazy, parenting.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    Had to chime in to say I totally agree with you on all points. I will be extremely disappointed if they discontinue these for that reason alone. I raised two kids, and it's not that hard to keep hazardous household supplies out of reach. I know accidents happen, but 9 times out of 10 it's probably due to poor, or should I say lazy, parenting.
    DITTO
    and
    DITTO

We used the pods on our last trip (cuz couldn't find the sheets) and they worked out great. I pre-shipped a UPS package to our resort so they were there when we got there. I always pack all my sunscreen, laudry detergent, etc in ziplock bags before we ship or pack them just in case.

I think if you toss them in a ziplock they will be ok for checked baggage, I think they will travel well. No sure if they will let you carry them on though with liquid restrictions.

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

I use the ALL hypoallergenic pods. We travel by car, so I do not have date on air transport with them. They are very convenient and seem to work fine.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I can let you know in a couple weeks since I'm leaving tomorrow and have the pods packed ;-) I'm not trying to put them in the carry on since they are a suspicious-looking gel; and I DID put them in a little tupperware container in case they leak or burst - but they DO get your clothes much cleaner than the Purex sheets seemed to, although I agree you can't beat the sheets for convenience!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Patricia;2300365
    Here in Canada we have Purex 3 in 1 sheets available at most stores.

A qu:[/QUOTE
    Its a pretty big counyry,patricia. Can't get them in my part of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sara114 View Post
    I freaked out when I read this because I love to bring them with me instead of the powder detergent they supply. I went to Price Chopper today and they had them there. I was so relieved. Maybe try a different store.
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I don't want those Purex sheets to go away! We LOVE taking those on vacation, and they smell amazing! I'll have to go online and look for them, if they can still be "gotten" in other parts of the world!

I'd take the pods though, if the sheets aren't available. By the way, those pods are great for boys college dorms! Boys who don't care about or have never washed clothes before can very simply toss in a pod. But I digress...
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw purex sheets at my WalMart this morning! Should I go buy them out, or do you think they started making them again?
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw the Purex sheets in our Target here the other day! Almost bought the Tide pods to pack but hopped online and saw that it is actually a little cheaper having it dropped off to our resort with the other groceries being delivered. So... going that way so not to have to worry about it at all
    Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

BC: 9/12, 7/13, 1/14, 5/14, 9/14, 1/15, 9/15, 9/16
    GF: 9/16
    SSR: 9/13
    WL: 5/16
    BW: 9/11
    OKW: 7/10
    AK: 6/09
    BLT: 9/15
    CBR: 8/07
    ASMo 12/14
    Offsite: 8/88

Share This Thread On Social Media: