Quantcast February

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: February

Post Thanks / Like

Question February

We've scheduled our next trip (just DH and I -- haven't told the kids yet) for February. A couple questions:

What is the weather like?
    What are the crowds like? We are going the first part of February - not near Presidents weekend.
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Weather can be all over the map. We've been in early Feb. and had fabulous weather, even warm enough to swim most days. And we've been in early Feb. when it was down right COLD. For the most part the weather is pleasant, but you just never know if a cold front might move in.

Keep in mind that Mardi Gras is Feb. 12th next year, so that will add to crowds. We've visited during Mardi Gras a few times, and although crowds can pick up with the Mardi Gras crowd, we've never considered it to be too pakced. We've always enjoyed our Feb. trips.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We used to always go in early Feb and I like that time of year. The weather can be really variable so watch weather predictions right before you leave and still plan to pack a variety. I'd rather be a little chilly than be hot. Crowds are not bad at all. That was one of the main reasons we liked Feb. The only downside for me was no swimming or water parks. Technically pools are heated and some of those crazy northerners do swim, but it's too cold for my taste.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

We have been there a couple of times the week of Valentines Day and the weather was from warm to needing a light jacket. It all depended on whether there was a cold front come in or not.

The week before Valentines they have the National Cheerleader competition and the teens were all over the place at the value resorts. FYI.

Hope this helps...
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Well, as you've already figured out from the other responses, weather can be quite variable in early February. We've spent the day at the pool or we've been chilly even with jeans and sweatshirts. We have pics from one early February trip in which we're bundled up one day, in shorts the next, and bundled up again the following day.

Crowd-wise, it is typically a nice time to visit.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

This is truly my favorite time of year to go to WDW. I've never had anything but perfect weather in early February. In fact, we've had a few days in the 80s, which makes it just right for a pool or water park day. Also, most of the Jan refurbs are done, so neary everything is up and running for you. And then there's Super Bowl Sunday - we've hit DHS on this day and it was empty. Just a perfect day.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

GREAT time to go; cool weather- sweatshirts, one time we even bought hat,scrave and gloves that Mickey was happy to sell us! Daytime was perfect....pack jeans and jackets to be safe.
    2000- All Star Movies-Buzz
    2003 -All Star Movies-Woody
    2004- All Star Movies-Dalmations
    2005- All Star Movies-Buzz
    2006-All Star Sports-Basketball
    2007-Carribean Beach
    2-14-08- All Star Movies Birthday
    2009-AS Movies
    2012 AS Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I was at WDW the first week of Feb. this year. The 4th-9th, I think, and the weather was SPLENDID. I wore shorts and a t-shirt the whole time except the check-out morning when I needed pants and a light jacket. The weather can be all over the place in Feb. though.
    Crowds: light to moderate. Not bad at all.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

We've found the weather in February to be a lot better than January. Plus, January is a big month for foreign tour groups. We went this past February, from the 9th through the 16th. The weather was beautiful and the parks were very manageable, especially with the use of Fastpasses. We got to DHS for opening one day and got to ride Toy Story Mania two times in a span of 45 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with what others have posted -- the crowd level is low to moderate, and the weather can vary wildly. Definitely be prepared with everything from shorts to warm jackets and gloves. We never have experienced rain in early February, which is great. It's one of my favorite times of year at WDW (we'll be there next year! ). Have a great time!
    ºOº April ºOº

Next trips: GF Sept. '14, WL Jan. - Feb. '15!
    Previous stays: WL, AKL, Polynesian, POFQ, Newport Bay Club (DLP), DL Hotel, GF, DxL

Post Thanks / Like

Early February is a nice time to visit. I liked it because it was a refreshing change from the cold and gray PA weather! We lucked out and had 60/70 degree weather. It was too cold for me to swim, but there were folks in the pool. The temps were perfect for touring and golf.

Of course, you'll need to keep an eye on the weather so you pack efficiently. You'll need a light jacket at least. And maybe you'll be lucky enough to wear shorts during the day!
    Becca
    DVC Member since 1992 (OKW)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm planning to bring capris. Those won't be too hot or cold for that time of year, would it?
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFr33k View Post
    I'm planning to bring capris. Those won't be too hot or cold for that time of year, would it?
    Since the temps can range from the 30's to the 80's; I suggest staying glued to Chris's weather forecast in the vacation planning forum. He has very reliable forecasts and it is fun to check everyday.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: