Quantcast Country Bear Jamboree - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

For those of you wondering, here is what has been reported as to being cut from Country Bears:

1. The show is now 5 minutes shorter
    2. Lots of dialogue between songs have been cut
    3. The finale is reported as being extremely shorter
    4. The songs Devilish Mary and Fractured Folk Song are gone completely
    5. Lots of the jokes cut
    6. The bear AAs received freakish make overs
    7. If You Can't Bite, Don't Growl shortened
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Huummm, haven't been there in a while, gyess I'll have to check out the new version. Will changes be made to the Holiday version for the Christmas season as well?
    ºoº figgie ºoº - Now living our dreams in sunny Florida close to the mouse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by figgie View Post
    Huummm, haven't been there in a while, gyess I'll have to check out the new version. Will changes be made to the Holiday version for the Christmas season as well?
    They haven't done the Christmas overlay in 5-6 or so years now.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

My first reaction is disappointment and I wanted to never see it again. I will give it a chance on the next trip, and try to keep an open mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Just watched a video of the new show.. Gomer and Liver Lips have new looks (the only ones I can kind of tell).. And no, not for the better... The movement of the AAs do seem more fluid...

As for the show, it is mishmash of songs... The charm of the Country Bears has been ripped out... The loss of the two songs isn't much of the issue... The issue, in my opinion, is the loss of the jokes and the rush feeling to the show now... The jokes really helped make the show as charming as it was... Now that is gone...

My opinion: refurb fail...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Sooooo glad I saw it (twice) in August.

Another original tarnished....
    I guess we can only hope for a mishap that would bring back the original (a'la Tiki Room).

Post Thanks / Like

OMG....why can't they just upgrade the originals with better audio,clean them up and leave everything else alone.Next thing you know,they'll refurb COP and take the dogs out,take grandma and grandpa out and have the parents say.."Grandma and Grandpa aren't here now....they died!!!" Please leave Walt Disney's rides alone. Sorry Walt...they do not know what they do.
    Rob
    1. '66 Preview Center(baby),'71,'76,'86,'94-Offsite
    2. '95 AS Mus,'96 AS Sport,'97 AS Mov
    3. '99 CSR,'2000 CBR
    4. '01 AS Mov,'02 AS Mov
    5. '03-'04 Pop,CHRISTmas,New Years,Collective Soul
    6. '04 Pop,Halloween
    7. '05,'06,'07,'10 Pop,CHRISTmas
    8. '11 Pop,New Years,15th Wedding Anniversary

Post Thanks / Like

Just watched the video, it's now just a dead lifeless show. All the personality has been ripped away. Very disappointing.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Just watched the video, it's now just a dead lifeless show. All the personality has been ripped away. Very disappointing.
    Wait til you see the video of the unimpressive projections of the mermaids in PotC...

Post Thanks / Like

Another *show* cut down, because people don't/can't have a 17-minute attention span any more to enjoy a great attraction. This was what happened to the Tiki Room when it first came to WDW, and then after the "New Management" debacle.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Wait to see the show live before reaching conclusions. We saw it today and it frankly was fine. We knew what was removed but didn't miss it. The highlights are still there and the pacing is good. The bears, their costume, the stages, and the sound have all been refreshed and brightened. It looks so much better niw.From the audience reaction, Disney might have got this change right. More foot stomping, singing and clapping than I've seen in years.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Man, this doesn't sound good at all. I bet they cut out all the good stuff. Please tell me that Big Al is still there.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

We were there on Saturday and the show was noticeably shorter. Of course, I think that the majority of people wouldn't know the difference. I did. The bears did look a little "cleaner" and the fur was a little newer on some. I liked the original version better but I guess I should be happy that they didn't get rid of it altogether.
    '74 Contemporary
    '76 Contemporary

'90 CBR
    '97 Off Site
    '00 Swan
    '05 GF
    '08 GF RPC
    '09 GF RPC-Short SURPRISE trip for kids
    '11 GF RPC

'12 Contemporary
    '14 GF RPC
    '15 DL VGC
    '16 VGF

Post Thanks / Like

I've been to the Country Bears just once since the refurb. It was noticeable shorter, and my husband noticed that 'he didn't even have time to nap'. The sound was MUCH improved and the bears to look cleaner. It's still not a favorite of mine, but I did appreciate the cuts.

I vote for bringing back to the "Vacation Hoedown" and Holiday versions.
    When you wish upon a star...You get to go to Disney World
    Katie's Trips to Disney-
    WDW Trips: 245 times
    DL Trips: 4 times

Stopped counting since January 2012 when we moved to "the world"!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE5..._as=subscriber

Post Thanks / Like

I think in all our years of visiting, I've seen this show only once. I'll have to put it on our list for our next trip and check it out. For us, it will not only be refurbed, it will be a brand new attraction!
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Polynesian Dweller View Post
    Wait to see the show live before reaching conclusions. We saw it today and it frankly was fine. We knew what was removed but didn't miss it. The highlights are still there and the pacing is good. The bears, their costume, the stages, and the sound have all been refreshed and brightened. It looks so much better niw.From the audience reaction, Disney might have got this change right. More foot stomping, singing and clapping than I've seen in years.
    Count me in as someone who has also become cool with the changes.

True, we lost a couple of songs and some banter, but the show looks and sounds so much better now, plus the refreshed AA's and the new sound system.

The figures are definetely more alive now and actually have more subtle bits of animation that you need to watch for that they didn't have previously. For example: Gomer waves to the audience when he comes up for the first time, Wendell chuckles when Henry says "Bang!" at the end of "Little Buford" and Melvin, Buff & Max (even though a lot of their dialogue has been cut) actually move a lot more than they did previously and actually react to everything that happens onstage (swaying or bobbing their heads in time with the music, whispering comments to each other, laughing, etc.), similar to how Statler & Waldorf react to everything in Muppet-Vision 3D.

The slams against the rehab are totally unfounded, IMO. This classic has not been tarnished at all and this rehab is not even in the same ball park as the Tiki Room--Under New Management, so comparisons to that are totally unfair, unwarranted and unjustified. Plus, it's CBJ is still the original show and not some attempt to become hip like UNM was percieved as.

Plus, the fact that WDW still has CBJ is all the more reason to be grateful for the fact that we still have it all, which is more than I can say for DL.

Post Thanks / Like

I did not mind the changes, I actually liked the shorter show time
    Sep '15 - VWL/3 night Cruise on Dream
    Jan '15 - BLT and Vero Beach
    Jan '14 - Disneyland Hotel
    Sept '13 - AKL
    Jun '13 - Pop Century
    Dec '12 - Saratoga Springs
    Feb '12 - Port Orleans FQ
    '10 - AS Music
    '08 - Pop Century
    '05 - Contemporary
    '03 - Carribean Beach
    '96 - offsite
    '95 - offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    For those of you wondering, here is what has been reported as to being cut from Country Bears:

1. The show is now 5 minutes shorter
    2. Lots of dialogue between songs have been cut
    3. The finale is reported as being extremely shorter
    4. The songs Devilish Mary and Fractured Folk Song are gone completely
    5. Lots of the jokes cut
    6. The bear AAs received freakish make overs
    7. If You Can't Bite, Don't Growl shortened
    I don't get it. How does this improve the show? I personally love it and laugh every time I see it. If you listen carefully to the lyrics, there are some pretty good lines being sung.

Anyway, I understand if it is too cheesy for today, or needs to be updated. I just don't get how taking a couple of songs improves it. If a family skips it because it is 17 minutes and cheesy, are they going to start flocking to it if it is 12 minutes and cheesy?

I remember, back in the 70s and 80s, waiting in line for 45+ minutes to watch this show.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewJackson View Post
    I don't get it. How does this improve the show? I personally love it and laugh every time I see it. If you listen carefully to the lyrics, there are some pretty good lines being sung.
    I agree, the lyrics are the best part. How did some of these PG rated words get by the sugar coated Disney censors?
    "Blood on the Saddle" is a real song by Tex Ritter and it really gets gross later.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: