Quantcast The Simpson's Springfield On The Way? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roger's #1 Fan View Post
    Pedal to the metal on this project!

As quickly as the info came out and the walls went up, I saw some park pictures today where the International Food Fair has been basically gutted in short order. Should be knocking this venue down shortly....
    What!!! IMO this was one of the best counter service in the park.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    What!!! IMO this was one of the best counter service in the park.
    It is now gone... Gutted and demolished...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Does the Potterverse celebrate Christmas or the holidays? I'm curious since I've not heard of any holiday decorations in Hogwarts.
    I was there last week and no, nothing Christmas was out. Of course it looks and feels it with the snow covered buildings. But no mention or decor of Happy Christmas in Hogsmeade.
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    It is now gone... Gutted and demolished...
    That happened fast. It was there at the end of Oct when we were there, but it wasn't opened. Unless I was seeing things. lol.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    That happened fast. It was there at the end of Oct when we were there, but it wasn't opened. Unless I was seeing things. lol.
    Nope... gone. The inside anyway... The building framework is still up, but the entire front of the building will be torn down... The front will be rebuilt to resemble the restaurants taking over the building... The facade will look like each individual restaurant from the show...

Oh, and say good-bye to the world flags by the lagoon...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

I never liked The Simpson's, but I know a lot of people do. It is nice that Universal is trying to keep things going.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    I never liked The Simpson's, but I know a lot of people do. It is nice that Universal is trying to keep things going.
    They learned that creating a well themed area with specialty items and one of a kind merchandise is a winning formula... They learned people want to be brought into the surroundings... They learned this with Wizarding World... This is why you see what you see happening at Universal... They finally learned... Plus they have an owner and management team that cares about the theme parks unlike previous management/ownership... It shows... It really shows... Their growth since Wizarding World opened is amazing... This is only the beginning of a massive 5-10 year plan... People will not recognize the resort...

Post Thanks / Like

Heard some new rumors ahout a flat ride added to the Simpsons section,,,themed to Kang & Kodos. Anyone head about this?

Post Thanks / Like

Heard some new rumors ahout a flat ride added to the Simpsons section,,,themed to Kang & Kodos. Anyone head about this?
    It's a spinner... will be located at the edge of the lagoon, in the newly designed waterfront...

Post Thanks / Like

It's a spinner... will be located at the edge of the lagoon, in the newly designed waterfront...
    That's original.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    That's original.
    LOL... I know, unfortunately, nothing is original anymore today Mel.. Not in Hollywood, not in the theme park industry... Everything is rebooting or cloning...

But, that doesn't mean this isn't a worthwhile addition because it is... it is much needed... Universal does not have a spinner (not that I feel spinners are ever needed)... But part of the knocks on Universal is there is not enough for kids... Well, this is the start of adding more kid-friendly rides (with the KidZone refurbishment coming supposedly in 2015)... I think this will be pretty popular with the young ones, and Simpsons fans alike... And it isn't the main attraction to the area's make over... Moe's, the Duff Gardens, and the dining options really are meant to be the big draw...

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone heard a timetable on this referb/redo? I've just made plans to head back to DW in mid-July and was wondering if there was any reason to try and make a side trip to USO for another Simpsons fix.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone heard a timetable on this referb/redo? I've just made plans to head back to DW in mid-July and was wondering if there was any reason to try and make a side trip to USO for another Simpsons fix.
    Summer 2013.... They are aiming for June, to open with Transfomers...

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Man! Just saw some recent photo updates on another site with a full layout of what the new themed area will look like.

Imagine walking towards Krustyland from the Kidzone side and into downtown Springfield with a "Welcome to Springfield" and a pathway themed to match the street on the show. A large Lard Lad donut statue also welcomes you as you enter the fully themed area.

Duff Gardens with seating by the water with the new Kang and Kodos spinner on the far right.

The redesigned IFFF will now be sub-divided into familar Springfield eateries: Kentucky Fried Panda, Moe’s, Krusty Burger, and General Chang’s Taco Italiano.

I am seriously considering making a special trip to US when I am down there in mid-July

Post Thanks / Like

Things are really moving along in Springfield. The Kang/Kodos themed spinner base is almost done and the steel is starting to go up for Duff Gardens.

On the redo of the IFFF venue, Moe's Tavern is finished on the outside (sans sign) and I just saw an interior shot today. Looks very cool! There are a few changes, since the idea of KFP was nixed and a new venue name has not been announced yet. Krustyburger needs its roof finished and the final facade had changed to Android's Dungeon from General Chang’s Taco Italiano and will just be a pass through to the restrooms (no interior).

Apparently the kitchen which services the workers in this area is closing down this weekend for a refurb so I think they are getting close on the interior changes as well.

My trip has been pushed back to mid-August so I am still holding out hope to see this completed.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Roger's, thanks for posting the updated information...

The replacement for KFP is supposed to feature a popular or at least known character and be something unique to the park... But what it is, who knows?

Post Thanks / Like

Well, they are about a month or so out from opening this new mini-land!

Moe's exterior is pretty much complete. They hung and covered the sign yesterday. Android's Dungeon has its finished paint (green of course) and its purple and white striped awning. Still no clue/reveal on how the rest of the facade will look (window and door). Krustyburger is complete and the base for the free standing singage is in place and covered. The replacement for KFP will be Cletus' Fried Chicken and this is apparent based on the corregated tin roof and exposed faux-wood beams that are on the facade.

Gettin' hungry!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Announcement expected tomorrow...

The wind kicked up a bit today and blew off part of the covering on the sign of the restaurant which replaced KFP... Cletus's picture, along with some chickens, was exposed... Pictures have been floating around online...

Post Thanks / Like

Announcement expected tomorrow...

The wind kicked up a bit today and blew off part of the covering on the sign of the restaurant which replaced KFP... Cletus's picture, along with some chickens, was exposed... Pictures have been floating around online...
    They took the covers off the signs this morning. Cletus' Chicken Shack is the name of the third eatery along with Moes and Krustyburger.

The rumor was that the "Today" show would make the formal announcement, but that appears to have been false. Universal may just issue a press release today on its own.

Man, this place looks great!

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to take my photo with the Jebediah Springfield statue! It does look great.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: