Quote Originally Posted by A Big Kid View Post
I counter your disagreement. We used to consider dining an attraction to be enjoyed. To us, it is nothing more than something to be endured.

Menus used to be imaginative and unique. They are nothing more than slight variations on the same food from restaurant to restaurant.

DDP and character meals (read: overpriced under quality buffets) are the rule of the day.

Our trips have become fewer, farther between, and shorter.
Again, I politely agree to disagree, but I don't see what was watered down or similar at any of the table service restaurants at which I ate this past trip. Places like Artist Point, Mama Melrose, Yak and Yeti, La Hacienda, and even buffets like Boma had excellent food, unique choices, and enough selection to make my decisions actually difficult at times. I fail to see what's watered down by these menus. I'd concede breakfast buffets, which have the most overlap, but even that, the two I attended, Crystal Palace and Tusker House were both quality and had some fun unique choices. One drawback to the DDP is not being able to order an appetizer unless you pay out of pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
Listen. Some people like the food and choices available. Some don't. Nobody can win that disagreement. Neither side is "right" because it's a purely subjective argument!
This is certainly true, and why I always choose to "disagree" as opposed to saying "you're wrong".