Quantcast New Fantasmic

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Fantasmic

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Fantasmic

Multiple news outlets in the Orlando area are reporting that Disney is hosting a media event sometime this afternoon or this evening. The company is expected to announce an updated version of Fantasmic!, that will include an expanded theater and new scenes. Whether it will use the "Glow with the Show" technology remains to be seen.

As of now, this is still just a rumor, but it certainly makes sense. All signs point to Disney's next project being a overhaul of Hollywood Studios. The current Fantasmic! is on its last leg, and it would require a massive refurbishment to restore it. We should know more by the end of the day (I hope).
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well part of this announcement is Fantasmic will be getting 1000 more seats... They need it for some reason, if you catch my drift... VROOM VROOM off to the races...

New show scenes will be welcome... The show is really a shell of its former self... We'll know by the end of the day...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Only 1000? I don't know, you'd think it would be more.

I'm excited about this, as Fantasmic! is my fav nighttime show. Now if I could just get sold on this Glow with the Show technology.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait for the news. Hope it's good.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post

I'm excited about this, as Fantasmic! is my fav nighttime show. Now if I could just get sold on this Glow with the Show technology.
    The theater currently only holds around 8,000. I don't think another 1,000 isn't too shabby. But I did have the same thought at first. Perhaps the change will add more standing room as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post

1000 that is what people are saying... Whether they are mistaken, i honestly don't know, have to wait for the official announcement...

I would hate for that Glow with the Show stuff to pop up here.. It doesn't work unless EVERYONE is wearing one of the ear hats... Otherwise, 5 people in the crowd and it looks just silly...

I'd be happy with updated effects, new show scenes, and a return to the Fantasmic that was once the best night time show on property...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Love Fantasmic, and glad we got to see it. I was worried that it was going to get cancelled as it rained really hard right up until the show, but it stopped just in time, and then it started again afterwards. That was very lucky...or perhaps it was magic?
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

can't wait to hear about it.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

How about getting the DL dragon?
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Well the announcement has been made official... Just as I said, 1000 seats added to Fantasmic... And that's it... No new scenes, no new technology... Nothing.. Just more seats... What do I always say??? Expect nothing from TDO and they will never disappoint...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Well the announcement has been made official... Just as I said, 1000 seats added to Fantasmic... And that's it.
    I'd be happier if they would just add backrests and padding to the existing seats.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously adding capacity can be a harbinger of what is rumored to come.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    I'd be happier if they would just add backrests and padding to the existing seats.
    Agree! And you always have to get there sooooo early to get a seat. Those seats are unbearable!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Wait... everyone want the kicker??? they invited the press to this... To Fantasmic.... Yes, they actually invited the press to announce 1000 new seats... I don't know whether to laugh at this or cry cause of how inept and sad this management team is...

Post Thanks / Like

Wait... everyone want the kicker??? they invited the press to this... To Fantasmic.... Yes, they actually invited the press to announce 1000 new seats... I don't know whether to laugh at this or cry cause of how inept and sad this management team is...
    As somebody who works for a major news outlet, I can say that Disney inviting the press to this event is completely tone-deaf and borders on downright unprofessional. Media outlets have limited resources these days. I can guarantee to you there were a lot of angry slot editors and reporters at Fantasmic! this evening. There's no excuse for dragging all those people out to the park to announce absolutely nothing.

This was a non-event and it once again proves Orlando management's complete ineptitude. I don't use this word often, but this is truly pathetic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    As somebody who works for a major news outlet, I can say that Disney inviting the press to this event is completely tone-deaf and borders on downright unprofessional. Media outlets have limited resources these days. I can guarantee to you there were a lot of angry slot editors and reporters at Fantasmic! this evening. There's no excuse for dragging all those people out to the park to announce absolutely nothing.

This was a non-event and it once again proves Orlando management's complete ineptitude. I don't use this word often, but this is truly pathetic.
    Thank you... As someone in print media, you'd know how you'd, and others would feel.. If I was sitting there, invited to a Disney press event to announce something, and was told 1000 new benches, I'd look around for Ashton Kutcher thinking I was being punk'd...

And to put things in perspective how inept this team is... They announced Avatar through the blog... They invite press to this...

Post Thanks / Like

And to put things in perspective how inept this team is... They announced Avatar through the blog... They invite press to this...
    Great point. Their biggest announcement in years is made on their propaganda blog, yet they invite media to tell them about benches at an outdated nighttime show. I can't even begin to understand what they were thinking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Great point. Their biggest announcement in years is made on their propaganda blog, yet they invite media to tell them about benches at an outdated nighttime show. I can't even begin to understand what they were thinking.
    They were thinking, SEE MEDIA WE HAVE ENCHANTED MAGICAL BENCHES TOO!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow.

Post Thanks / Like

LoL, people posting this on Disney Parks Blog FB page:

Sweet! This is awesome who needs new rides at your least attended park when you can add benches! Kudos TDO your new benches will be another reason to jack up ticket prices and give 0 reasons to get an annual pass. Well done!

LOL....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: