Quantcast RCI Gripe

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: RCI Gripe

Post Thanks / Like

Default RCI Gripe

Just a vent really. We've used our membership pretty much for DVC and Disney Collection. When we used to have Interval a few years back (before RCI) through DVC we did trade out to Harborside at Atlantis. Haven't looked around RCI until now...

We wanted to try and use points for a London trip. I had locked myself out of the member wesbite over the weekend so in the meantime, I looked at RCI's site and saw a few properties in London. Great, right?

Wrong. When I got back in and checked World Passport Collection on the DVC link there were zero properties in London. Several in England but none within 100 miles of London. Also: the picture they show for the collection is the London Bridge! Really- sigh.

Now that our kids are growing up we'd really like to see more of the world. I really dislike the RCI options. I feel they don't offer much and that's too bad, because we certainly had intended to use it for these types of things when we bought. There is one hotel in London offered in Concierge Collection, but it's too many points. I can't make it work.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Several years ago our family stayed in the Royal Garden Hotel in London during the end of December and had a wonderful stay. This hotel is offered through the Concierge Collection and is located in the southwest corner of Kensington Gardens and is within walking distance of the High Street Kensington London Tube station.

I have found that many of the RCI resorts offered through DVC are all-inclusive resorts located in the country far from big cities. For future reference, the website for checking the RCI resorts offered through DVC is www.rci.com/dvc

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVC and World Travel

I'm with you... I got into DVC to do Disney but now that my kids are growing up, DH and I are looking at vacations elsewhere.

I looked into New Orleans last year and yikes.... *extremely limited availability"

I think if we do any world travel, as adults, our first look may be to Adventures by Disney.
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

When DVC decided to partner with RCI, my first reaction was, "uh oh." My parents had been RCI members for a number of years, and I knew how hard it was to get reservations through them. RCI's restrictions on reservations are much more relaxed than DIsney's. You can reserve rooms up to TWO YEARS in advance.

The theory behind the partnership was that people would want to trade their RCI points or weeks into Disney much more than DVC people would want to trade out, so there would be more RCI availability, but I don't know that that's been the case.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: